Live David Gilmour Auction

What's Hot
167891012»

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    tFB Trader
    I wonder if the person who bought the Black Strat is going to get that feeling we all get when we get the guitar of our dreams..

They get it home, open it up, plug it in and still sound nothing like David Gilmour  :D   Four million dollars of disappointment hahaha
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Rabs said:
    I wonder if the person who bought the Black Strat is going to get that feeling we all get when we get the guitar of our dreams..

They get it home, open it up, plug it in and still sound nothing like David Gilmour  :D   Four million dollars of disappointment hahaha
    ....If he got his roadie to put the Squier pickups in before the sale.... ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18970
    ClientEarth, the charity that David Gilmour gave his incredibly generous donation to, are a group of environmental lawyers.
    Have we just seen the start of the biggest boost to PRS sales in years?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GimletGimlet Frets: 19
    Rabs said:

Having played it, I can confirm the David Gilmour effect is not communicable via physical contact with his guitar.
    Humanity. It's not a race, merely a gentle stroll towards the inevitable.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Out of interest is the Black Strat also the one used in that Pompeii show in the early 70s?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Out of interest is the Black Strat also the one used in that Pompeii show in the early 70s?

Yes

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• goatgoat Frets: 98
    edited June 2019
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11627
    tFB Trader
    I've been playing our Gilmour inspired Pulse strat type guitar today - forgot how fun the EMG circuit can be to dial in sounds

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom