The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• rze99 said:
    Looks like yet another endless CGI fest with a massive overblown reverberated drums sound track.  I’m really tired of it, as brilliant as is. 
    Are we talking about the same show here?!?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Kalimna said:
    Havent seen ep3 yet, but the egg thing in ep2. Erm - to Baby Yoda they were just food. In much the same way we eat eggs. Nothing out of the ordinary for an animal trying to live. And they weren't sentient - they were eggs. They would have *become* sentient, but that's another matter. I really don't understand why people all over t'internet are getting collective knickers in a twist about it.

And those spider things - Im assuming they were the same creatures the Rebels found on Atolon?

Really quite enjoying it - shame I cant say the same for Agents of SHIELD season 5.......
    Is that the one with the Kree? 

Stick with it - it was probably the worst of all the series (if I'm recalling correctly), but Season 6 is much better (imho) and I've just started season 7 which seems good so far. 

It's very outlandish and far fetched in parts, but so is a lot of the Marvel Universe. I bloody love Agents of SHIELD.

ennspek said:
    Just found this thread. Didn't read it all bit I love it basically.
    This. 

I'm a Star Wars fan, but not a massive Star Wars nerd and don't know the canon inside and out, so I love it for what it is, and if something isn't quite consistent with timelines or the canon as a whole, I don't get internet rage. 

It's very well done, looks great and aside from the first episode which was a bit of a carryover with not much happening, the last 2 have been great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • joneve said:

ennspek said:
    This. 

I'm a Star Wars fan, but not a massive Star Wars nerd and don't know the canon inside and out, so I love it for what it is, and if something isn't quite consistent with timelines or the canon as a whole, I don't get internet rage. 

It's very well done, looks great and aside from the first episode which was a bit of a carryover with not much happening, the last 2 have been great. 
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    Love baby yoda too, reminds me of my youngest son (23 months). I think they have made the relationship between him and the mandolorian excellent,  especially for how few words they exchange 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    tekbow said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Katee Sackoff !!!!!!

She nailed it too
    OMG I can't believe I didn't realise it was her. She looked so familiar yet so unrecognisable.
    For those that don't already know, she voiced the same character (Bo Katan) in The Clone Wars and Rebels too. I thought it was brilliant to see her and the Death Watch in live-action - I can't wait to see more of them!

Bo Katan Kryze is  a Night Owl not a member of Death Watch, they were allied until Maul killed Pre Vizla, then she done one.

Fuck I'm turning into a Star Wars geek.

Also took me a short while to recognise Katee Sackhoff, she looked about 10 years younger than the last thing I saw her in, Another Life. 
  • @77ric ah I assumed the other two with her were still Death Watch based on their gear. That would also be a nice call-back to DW rescuing Mando as a child if so
  • joneve said:

ennspek said:
    This. 

Finally caught up so can read this thread safely. 

I agree 100%. I've seen all the movies, and Mando is clearly the best live-action Star Wars thing since Jedi (though R1 came close). I couldn't care less about all the expanded books and comics - I just want a decent consistent TV show and this delivers on that very well.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    joneve said:
    Kalimna said:
    Havent seen ep3 yet, but the egg thing in ep2. Erm - to Baby Yoda they were just food. In much the same way we eat eggs. Nothing out of the ordinary for an animal trying to live. And they weren't sentient - they were eggs. They would have *become* sentient, but that's another matter. I really don't understand why people all over t'internet are getting collective knickers in a twist about it.

And those spider things - Im assuming they were the same creatures the Rebels found on Atolon?

Really quite enjoying it - shame I cant say the same for Agents of SHIELD season 5.......

Stick with it - it was probably the worst of all the series (if I'm recalling correctly), but Season 6 is much better (imho) and I've just started season 7 which seems good so far. 

It's very outlandish and far fetched in parts, but so is a lot of the Marvel Universe. I bloody love Agents of SHIELD.
    Yeah, S5 is the one in future where theres been an Earthquake....... Coulson as a character is spot on, the humour is excellent and Fitz is another great character played by an excellent actor.

Im sure we'll stick with it, but it isnt a high point.
    Kalimna said:
    joneve said:
    Kalimna said:

Yeah, S5 is the one in future where theres been an Earthquake....... Coulson as a character is spot on, the humour is excellent and Fitz is another great character played by an excellent actor.

Im sure we'll stick with it, but it isnt a high point.
    Yea; it goes fucking mental in terms of story arc and what’s happening and although season 6 and 7 still delve into the ridiculousness, it’s not quite as OTT and personally I felt they got back on track last season. Season 7 seems to be good (so far) as well. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    77ric said:
    tekbow said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Katee Sackoff !!!!!!

She nailed it too
    OMG I can't believe I didn't realise it was her. She looked so familiar yet so unrecognisable.
    For those that don't already know, she voiced the same character (Bo Katan) in The Clone Wars and Rebels too. I thought it was brilliant to see her and the Death Watch in live-action - I can't wait to see more of them!

Bo Katan Kryze is  a Night Owl not a member of Death Watch, they were allied until Maul killed Pre Vizla, then she done one.

Fuck I'm turning into a Star Wars geek.

Also took me a short while to recognise Katee Sackhoff, she looked about 10 years younger than the last thing I saw her in, Another Life. 
    Thats what threw me at first. I recognised the voice but thought it couldn't be her.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    As predicted, no Ahsoka, but are Dark Troopers about to be re-introduced to canon?
  • ^ It bloody well looked like it!!!!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Yup

Loved the handrail gag too.

Less sure about the Midiclorian reference 
  • ^ yeah that was unexpected, though at least they tried to mask it a little. I hope it doesn’t become a big factor though.

Did anyone else think those clones/‘volunteers’ looked a bit Snoke-esque?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Loads of talk about this being the creation of Snoke, as a version of his theme played during the scene. It could of course be Moff Gideon trying to build an army of force sensitive Dark Troopers.

I loved this episode, plenty of nods to the films and it had SPEEDER BIKES!
    Well, they did not muck around with intro'ing Ahsoka.

And Baby Yoda is no longer Baby Yoda.

Rosario did her justice. A slightly Darker characterisation than Rebels, where she was hopeful again, maybe more in line with a post trial Clone Wars Ahsoka.
    edited November 2020
    Good Episode, REALLY western, even by the standards of the show so far.

Great thing was while there was a Jedi in it, they pulled off not making it Jedi-Centric, whilst having some call backs to Anakin and Luke.

Very subtle call back to Rebels aside from Ahsoka as well.

Partial spoiler:
    Ahsoka, not even the biggest reveal. Not sure whether its setting up later Mandalorian Series/episodes or Ahsoka spin off.

• BrioBrio Frets: 1852
    Loved it. Great episode.
  • @tekbow - you talking about T****n?

I thought it was excellent. Some of the fight scenes looked a little pedestrian, but that might be because I'm comparing Clone Wars stuff to live-action in my head. Ahsoka was pretty much played to perfection, though, and she looked spot-on too.

The really interesting part, I thought, was about the little guy's age and the implications for what he's seen.
    <space for hire>
    edited November 2020
    @tekbow - you talking about T****n?

I am indeed, EDIT: and also a Loth Cat running around in the background as the more subtle reference.

She did look spot on and her characterisation Was appropriate, but I just remember Snips as a cheery kid, and as someone who'd regained some hope by Rebels.

She seemed.. cynical again?

All sorts of speculation about Windu not being dead, as it's pretty likely Skywalker didn't end up training the child, and Hamil is too old to do a Luke of that era.