The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• tekbow said:
    @tekbow - you talking about T****n?

I am indeed, EDIT: and also a Loth Cat running around in the background as the more subtle reference.

She did look spot on and her characterisation Was appropriate, but I just remember Snips as a cheery kid, and as someone who'd regained some hope by Rebels.

She seemed.. cynical again?

All sorts of speculation about Windu not being dead, as it's pretty likely Skywalker didn't end up training the child, and Hamil is too old to do a Luke of that era.
    I didn't think she came across as cynical, more...neutral. It wouldn't be a stretch for her to be cynical, though, given what happened between Rebels and The Mandalorian. She clearly still doesn't feel any kinship towards the Jedi either, which may prove to be an important distinction if they take her character any further.

Given the timelines, though, I don't think the child could've even encountered Luke. In fact...the way it lines up, I'm surprised that she didn't recognise him - you'd think they would've been <there> at the same time.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    edited November 2020
    @tekbow I wouldn’t put it past them to use the de-aging trick with Hamill a la TROS. I really hope the speculation’s right on Mr T too - he was one of my favourite legacy characters and I can’t complain at all about the new canon take on him either.

@digitalscream that makes sense though too, given her character arc and what she’s been through. She became disillusioned with the Jedi a long time ago
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited November 2020
    tekbow said:
    Good Episode, REALLY western, even by the standards of the show so far.
    A bit too western imo. 

Very sandy in general. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Did anyone realise the Gunfighter was Michael Biehn of Terminator and Aliens?

Cuz I didn't
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1851
    Yep.
  • tekbow said:

Cuz I didn't

I was about to ask if anybody noticed him... I instantly recognised his voice as soon as he spoke but was wondering until the end credits if it was really him. Nice to see he's still around.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Switch625 said:
    tekbow said:

Cuz I didn't

I was about to ask if anybody noticed him... I instantly recognised his voice as soon as he spoke but was wondering until the end credits if it was really him. Nice to see he's still around.
    Anyone notice who the magistrate was/is? Diana Lee Inosanto! None other than Bruce Lee’s god daughter and daughter of Dan Inosanto the man who taught Bruce Lee Filipino stick fighting and carried on the teaching of the legendary Jeet Kune Do.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    zepp76 said:
    Switch625 said:
    tekbow said:

Cuz I didn't

Anyone notice who the magistrate was/is? Diana Lee Inosanto! None other than Bruce Lee’s god daughter and daughter of Dan Inosanto the man who taught Bruce Lee Filipino stick fighting and carried on the teaching of the legendary Jeet Kune Do.

I'd not have known her to see, but that's really cool.

Begs the question of the character though, who was she actually.

Ahsoka has held her own against Vader, so the Magistrate did better than I'd have assumed she would.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    I thought I was a big Star Wars fan, but you guys are mega nerds!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    edited November 2020
    Just watched it. Never watched Rebels, but have read tons of the EU books. 

When T****n was mentioned, I was squeeling like a 5 year old. 

HOLY SHEEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    Just watched it. Never watched Rebels, but have read tons of the EU books. 

When T****n was mentioned, I was squeeling like a 5 year old. 

HOLY SHEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

They've retconned the character a little from the old EU, but only to account for the new canon.

I'd watch Clone Wars and Rebels, up until the Mandalorian they were the best Star Wars properties outside of the original trilogy
  • tekbow said:

Cuz I didn't
    Yep!!! Didn’t catch it the first time we saw him during the prologue, but I recognized him the next time and actually shouted out “Hicks!”, much to my wife’s bemusement! :grin: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Well that was fucking mega!
    I still pinch myself when watching this that I'm watching a TV show. This is home cinema if ever there was.
    It's the gift that keeps on giving.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    I've enjoyed it mostly.  Funny how corridor design is so consistent and suited to shootouts.  In all seriousness that aside, and the slightly limited feeling set design (are we never going to anything that could be considered "developed world"?) I've enjoyed this more than most Star Wars stuff.

Plenty of humour, well judged effects, decent basic storyline (why oh why use the tired cliché "well let's just assume the bad guy is dead", though).
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6392
    The "I don't know but I know a man who does" plotline is a bit waring, though it is still excellent. I also like the continued Lone Wolf and Cub vibe.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno said:
    The "I don't know but I know a man who does" plotline is a bit waring, though it is still excellent. I also like the continued Lone Wolf and Cub vibe.
    Yeah, 2 series in and the arc story of Mando searching for a Jedi to hand the green jelly baby over to, arrived only for him to be told to take it somewhere else across the other side of the galaxy, that's enough now, twist the story a bit.

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    I was mulling that over too, but absolutely loved Ch13 this week.

My question is... what do they do once the little guy is delivered?

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6392
    andyp said:

End of Mandalorian, though they could give him a new task I suppose

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Yip. I’m hoping it’s option 2...

:)

• andyp said:

The sequel - The Guitaralorian. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.