The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10275
    Also...

Yea they were a bit reminiscent!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boy that was good. 

Can’t wait to watch it again with my kids when they get home from school!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Also...

C'mon, CYLONS??? I mean, I know they're not, but that was the least-subtle bit of fan service I've ever seen. And it was bloody awesome.

I was meaning how the Tie Fighter launched BSG style, with the internal view of the cockpit accelerating Out the launch tube.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2020
    Question:

Rumours have been circulating that the sequel trilogy is about to be dumped/deleted as canon. This episode could conceivably be the beginning of that. I just don't see how this ties into the sequels. I mean it could be, but it would be awkward. What do we think?

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1476
    well FUCK MY OLD BOOTS! 

Incredible. 

At first I didn't really get what was happening because I was unclear to the timeline (aka I'd forgotten).

They really didn't fuck about did they? 

Someone give Jon Favreau a knighthood. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24589
    Boy that was good. 

Can’t wait to watch it again with my kids when they get home from school!
    My kids dont watch it.

So I'll watch it again alone!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbow said:
    Question:

Rumours have been circulating that the sequel trilogy is about to be dumped/deleted as canon. This episode could conceivably be the beginning of that. I just don't see how this ties into the sequels. I mean it could be, but it would be awkward. What do we think?

I think...

They're building a cast of characters here who would all have a vested interest in defeating ol' Palpatine, and who Leia et al would have to be aware of. If the sequel trilogy is to be kept canon the only consistent option, therefore, would be to kill off all these well-beloved characters prior to the beginning of Ep VII. I can't see them doing anything that stupid and alienating the fanbase all over again.

<space for hire>
  • Well that was bloody awesome. Kids only in school until 1pm today so we could watch it early. Glad to see it before spoiled. 

Fabulous episode. This show gives me the same kind of excitement that Star Wars did when I was a kid. I thought Rise of Skywalker had killed that for me. 

You all watched the scene after the titles right?

tekbow said:
    Question:

I think...

They're building a cast of characters here who would all have a vested interest in defeating ol' Palpatine, and who Leia et al would have to be aware of. If the sequel trilogy is to be kept canon the only consistent option, therefore, would be to kill off all these well-beloved characters prior to the beginning of Ep VII. I can't see them doing anything that stupid and alienating the fanbase all over again.

Yep, my line of thinking.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1877
    Fuck me that was flawless.
  • Absolutely fantastic. 

They should put Favreau and Feloni in charge of all Star Wars as they obviously get it in a way those behind the sequel trilogy can only dream of. 

I do have some concern that all the new stuff they’ve announced is going to be too much but if they get even half of it right it’s still going to be a big load of great TV.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I signed up for a months worth of Disney + on Tuesday and have watched all the episodes between now and then. Awesome. Waaay better the last two Star Wars movies.
  • Absolutely fantastic. 

They should put Favreau and Feloni in charge of all Star Wars as they obviously get it in a way those behind the sequel trilogy can only dream of. 

I do have some concern that all the new stuff they’ve announced is going to be too much but if they get even half of it right it’s still going to be a big load of great TV.
    I think it's going to be like the MCU of Star Wars on TV. So characters will appear in each others shows. It's a great bit of world building they've been doing. 

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26739
    edited December 2020
    Not to distract too much from the conversation, but...I loved what they did with this episode - it was at least 80% made up of badass women being badasses. None of the "The Force is Female!" rubbish from the makers of the sequel trilogy, or even the pat-themselves-on-the-back moment from Endgame...just a bunch of warrior women getting on with the job (sorry, not entirely sure what to call them as a group in this context!).

I thought that was brilliantly done, and long may it continue. As they always say...show, don't tell.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2020
    Not to distract too much from the conversation, but...I loved what they did with this episode - it was at least 80% made up of badass women being badasses. None of the "The Force is Female!" rubbish from the makers of the sequel trilogy, or even the pat-themselves-on-the-back moment from Endgame...just a bunch of warrior women getting on with the job (sorry, not entirely sure what to call them as a group in this context!).

I thought that was brilliantly done, and long may it continue. As they always say...show, don't tell.

That's an important point, it clicked during the bridge crossing scene.

And the fact that I almost didn't notice is what makes it so good, because it wasn't all virtue signaled or forced or Mary Sue.

Just like we never once questioned Ripley in Aliens.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree that it was great to see all the kick arse women. My wife was pleased to see that, as was I.

• @fretmeister ;

I said the Hutts would be back in some way, though this wasn’t quite what I envisioned! It was a great moment though, with a really well executed set. I’m not sure that the Hutt clans would have let the palace be taken over by a Twi’lek though - surely they’d have put one of their own in there to exert control in the outer rim? I’m hoping this is setting up the narrative for S3 with a lot more interplay in the grungier side of SW and less focus on the new republic, and the rise of the First Order, and Resistance. Then again, with the Rangers series announced, that seems a bit less likely now!

Is anyone else a little concerned what will happen to Groku in between this season and certain events shown in TLJ???
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Don’t forget folks... Disney did this.

There was a lot of chatter that Disney taking over was a bad move. 

Clearly someone at Disney knows their onions after all
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Loved it !  Much better.  Lots of free standing plotlines set up for S3 in or well out of the SW canon.

I thought the Luke character CGI was excellent - vague enough not to be the lad himself as he's never named. The Mandlorian succession and the Black Sword - super plotting !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24589
    Don’t forget folks... Disney did this.

There was a lot of chatter that Disney taking over was a bad move. 

Clearly someone at Disney knows their onions after all
    They hired JF. Without him it would have been bollocks. As proven by the recent films.