The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16768

Boba Fett being alive doesn't seem like a big reach to me. He was a badass in amazing armour. At the time lots of people were cross he was killed so easily and thrown away like that in Jedi. He was a character loved but long underused and of all the OT characters to bring back this one makes most sense to me.

Also

"In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you are slowly digested over a thousand years."

Why would people assume he was dead from that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2441
    I’m so pleased they didn’t bring Mace Windu back. I’m probably in the minority, but I thought Samuel L Jackson’s acting was bloody awful, and the character was pretty shit. Also very annoying they just seemed to create the character ‘because Samuel L Jackson’ - along with bowing to his demand for a purple ‘saber. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    I’m so pleased they didn’t bring Mace Windu back. I’m probably in the minority, but I thought Samuel L Jackson’s acting was bloody awful, and the character was pretty shit. Also very annoying they just seemed to create the character ‘because Samuel L Jackson’ - along with bowing to his demand for a purple ‘saber. 

That's how I thought about Windu too. People only loved the character because SLJ was playing him; he didn't actually do anything worthy of note in the films...in particular, there was no character development. He was, at most, a walking plot point.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    FarleyUK said:

That's how I thought about Windu too. People only loved the character because SLJ was playing him; he didn't actually do anything worthy of note in the films...in particular, there was no character development. He was, at most, a walking plot point.
    I thought he was the evidence of what had gone wrong with the Jedi, arrogant and was trying to murder someone who was surrending, the same thing that started annakin along the path to the dark side. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1874
    I’ve just seen there’s going to be a making of Season 2 documentary on Christmas Day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Loved it my inner child was awakened. Far better than the sequels.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3898
    Everything about it was great, including the music! I was surprised who the newcomer at the end was though. Must have my timelines mixed up. When is the Mandalorian set?
  • 5 years after return of the Jedi
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Holy fuck! That was amazing. 

@digitalscream you know it never even registered with me that it was all women kicking arse all the way to the bridge of the cruiser, that’s great acting and great characters it was believable. 

Spoiler:
    how bad ass was Luke, he just cut his way through the Dark Troopers like they were butter made from blue milk.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I
    77ric said:
    Holy fuck! That was amazing. 

@digitalscream you know it never even registered with me that it was all women kicking arse all the way to the bridge of the cruiser, that’s great acting and great characters it was believable. 

Spoiler:
    how bad ass was Luke, he just cut his way through the Dark Troopers like they were butter made from blue milk.

Luke in his prime rather than a naive novice, or disillusioned old grouch is something Fans have been wanting since the Timothy Zahn Thrawn books, which oddly enough were set a similar amount of time after ROTJ as the Mandalorian. You'd be suprised how much they've lifted from those books.

• I doubt we're ever going to get a live-action Mara Jade though. I don't think she fits into the timeline anymore. 

• danodano Frets: 1595
    edited December 2020
    Just watched the last episode this afternoon. Absolutely loved it.  

Watched it with my 8yr old son, probably the same age I was when ROTJ was released. We've watched all of Season 2 together and when that X Wing appeared and you get a first glimpse of the hands i was saying to him "this fight is going to be awesome !".

I'll rewatch it again tomorrow, I didnt pick up some of the references to mentioned in the above comments
    I doubt we're ever going to get a live-action Mara Jade though. I don't think she fits into the timeline anymore. 

Well.. I'm not 100%, but I beginning to buy the rumour that the sequels are about to be ditched from canon.
    On a side note:

That apparently was Mark Hamil Doing the static performance via (improved) de-ageing tech like Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. A body double was used for the awesome light saber action which itself was more Kurosawa than Wushu Like the prequels were.
    I also found myself looking hard because I initially Thought it was Sebastian Stan with some CGI tweaking

• tekbow said:
    I doubt we're ever going to get a live-action Mara Jade though. I don't think she fits into the timeline anymore. 

Well.. I'm not 100%, but I beginning to buy the rumour that the sequels are about to be ditched from canon.
    Much as I hate TROS I have no idea how they could do that. 

tekbow said:

Much as I hate TROS I have no idea how they could do that. 

Because as @digitalscream points out, there's no way to explain why at least some of these characters aren't around past killing them all.

And at this stage, that'll go down even less well than the sequels.

Kathleen Kennedy has taken a back seat over at Lucas film.

According to rumour, she has no influence Over Filoni and Favreau. I'd buy that as being accurate because to be quite honest, it shows.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5551
    Wow! What an episode!
    So where does it go next I wonder??

As for the spoilers, I was half expecting surprise one but I certainly wasn't expecting surprise no.2!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    With regards to the post credits bit - I’m not sure my inner child will actually be able to cope with a whole series......

Maybe they will finally explain how Slave 1 actually works inside :D
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    edited December 2020
    Brio said:
    I’ve just seen there’s going to be a making of Season 2 documentary on Christmas Day.

I said that ages ago! Don't think anyone took me on. 

Edit; unless that was something else. There's a whole series AFAIK. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11875
    Nothing about Mando to date or any of the other new shows indicates that the sequels are going to be or need to be stripped from canon. 

There are over 25 years between the Mandalorian and the Force Awakens.  Clearly a heck of a lot of story can be filled in there and it's pretty easy to fit the sequel trilogy in - in fact Mando already showed a "Snoke in a jar".  Who knows, we might even see Palpy in one of the sequel shows.

But if Ashoka is dealing with Thrawn, Mando with Gideon, Cara with whatever she finds on the rim etc - the First Order becomes just one resurgent arm of the Empire. turning out to be the best decoy Palpy has for his REAL attempt to rebuild the Empire.

No reason anyone needs to be dead to not be in the Resistance, it's possible they are all still out there fighting whichever fight they happen to be in.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom