The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• I can’t even express how I’m feeling after watching that episode. It just feels like how Star Wars should be and should’ve carried on post George Lucas. Wow. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Don’t forget folks... Disney did this.

There was a lot of chatter that Disney taking over was a bad move. 

Clearly someone at Disney knows their onions after all
    They hired JF. Without him it would have been bollocks. As proven by the recent films.
    I disagree. Someone in Disney had to sign off the scripts, sign off prior to release, watch season 1 and then sign off season 2. 

JF is the magic, but someone, somewhere at Disney said “yes, this is the kind of brilliance we want to make” - and that’s the surprising bit for me. Not that JF did what he did - but that Disney let him, and signed it off each step of the way
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just watched the finale, speechless and went a bit trembly and overwhelmed. Not been this moved since the last episodes of GOT.

Talk about worlds colliding at the end, terrific!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5633
    Oh. My. God.

Loved it - absolutely loved it. Take a bow Jon Favreau.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    edited December 2020
    @fretmeister ;;

I said the Hutts would be back in some way, though this wasn’t quite what I envisioned! It was a great moment though, with a really well executed set. I’m not sure that the Hutt clans would have let the palace be taken over by a Twi’lek though - surely they’d have put one of their own in there to exert control in the outer rim? I’m hoping this is setting up the narrative for S3 with a lot more interplay in the grungier side of SW and less focus on the new republic, and the rise of the First Order, and Resistance. Then again, with the Rangers series announced, that seems a bit less likely now!

Is anyone else a little concerned what will happen to Groku in between this season and certain events shown in TLJ???

Given his life span, and the time it takes for him to mature, they could set something with him grown up after the Rise of Skywalker.
  • @crunchman Oh I hope so, but I mean in terms of what happens to Grogu and the other padawans once Ben/Kylo turns and kills all the other students! :(
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    I'll have to finish watching the Clone Wars and Rebels before the next season of the Mandalorian.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    That was bloody amazing. 

It’s been possibly the best season of anything in a long time - absolutely blown away by it.

And the ending character.... holy sheeeeet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1476
    crunchman said:
    I'll have to finish watching the Clone Wars and Rebels before the next season of the Mandalorian.
    Same. Except start watching. 
  • So...I've now updated my feelings on how to watch Star Wars.

Clone Wars
    Rebels
    Rogue One
    A New Hope
    Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    The Mandalorian

If you watched only those, in that order, you'd still have all of the story that matters. Even better, it leaves the Anakin/Vader transition as a bit of a mystery - which, to my mind, is a vast improvement on spelling it out in all of its clumsy, angsty-teenager manner in the prequel trilogy.
    <space for hire>
  • Just watched the finale, speechless and went a bit trembly and overwhelmed. Not been this moved since the last episodes of GOT.
    Moved by sheer disappointment, vs moved in awe?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
    One of the best pieces of television I've seen in a very long time the finale.

It's basically perfect, which although I enjoyed the prequels and the sequel trilogy, is something I've not been able to say about Star Wars for a long time.

Even Rogue One is mostly memorable for it's third act - Mando has been, especially in series 2, consistently some of the best action, sci-fi fantasy TV since Battlestar Galactica.

Katee Sackhoff has a damn strong CV with this stuff, I'll let her off for the film about the evil mirror now.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Don’t forget folks... Disney did this.

There was a lot of chatter that Disney taking over was a bad move. 

Clearly someone at Disney knows their onions after all
    They hired JF. Without him it would have been bollocks. As proven by the recent films.
    I disagree. Someone in Disney had to sign off the scripts, sign off prior to release, watch season 1 and then sign off season 2. 

JF is the magic, but someone, somewhere at Disney said “yes, this is the kind of brilliance we want to make” - and that’s the surprising bit for me. Not that JF did what he did - but that Disney let him, and signed it off each step of the way
    Let's not ignore Filoni's influence here, though. Favreau brings the live-action smarts, but Filoni just seems to know Star Wars. He gets it, and the fanbase, to a level that even Lucas can't seem to fathom. On top of that, he understands character development; there's a brilliant analysis video out there, which shows that Ahsoka was deliberately written to be annoying and hated by the fans, only to be completely redeemed in four episodes and that's how he formed the fans' attachment to her character like no other in the franchise. That's genius at work.

Which, I guess, is understandable - he's been behind more hours of brilliant Star Wars output than anybody else at this point.
    <space for hire>
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Bloody hell! That was a ride!

So many spin offs and reboots and everything these days seem to just be cash grabbing CGI shit that are just poor excuses for shows.. (cough, marvel).. that don't really seem to understand the history or the characters.
      I assumed this Mando would be the same and didn't watch it for a long time.. binged season 1 and kept up with season 2.. sometimes it's nice to be wrong. 
    Faith in Star wars back. 

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    I absolutely loved the S2 finale! Incredible. Series 2 just got better and better every week.

Wow!

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12416
    I keep seeing rumors about mace windu returning. My main criticism of recent Star Wars is it has undone everything about original Star Wars. 

Boba Fett not dead, darth maul not dead, maybe mace windu, the emperor wasn’t finished, the empire wasn’t overthrown. Seems like all the achievements in Jedi were nothing. 
  • One of the best pieces of television I've seen in a very long time the finale.

Almost brought a tear to my eye, shame the Other "Robot" didn't make an appearance. And if anyone turned off at the credits,REWIND.

Now all we need to do is sack the script writers of Discovery and get Disney to take over. 

I almost clapped at the end. 

“Ken sent me.”
  • One of the best pieces of television I've seen in a very long time the finale.

Almost brought a tear to my eye, shame the Other "Robot" didn't make an appearance. And if anyone turned off at the credits,REWIND.

Now all we need to do is sack the script writers of Discovery and get Disney to take over. 

I almost clapped at the end. 

Other droid couldn't fit in an X-wing - it's only R2 who could do that, same as when he went to Dagobah :)

But...yes.

<space for hire>
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1818
    Quite possibly the best piece of TV we have watched for many years - from S1/E1 it just had that right vibe and will admit that I had a lump in my throat at the end of this series, knew from the second I saw that ship arriving to the rescue what was coming and the whole excitement just snowballed from there - I felt like a kid again seeing Empire for the 1st time.....wow just wow!!

Would live JF to re-look at those really shitty extra bits in the original trilogy and either re-do them or just get rid of them somehow!! 
  • munckee said:
    I keep seeing rumors about mace windu returning. My main criticism of recent Star Wars is it has undone everything about original Star Wars. 

Boba Fett not dead, darth maul not dead, maybe mace windu, the emperor wasn’t finished, the empire wasn’t overthrown. Seems like all the achievements in Jedi were nothing. 
    Boba Fett's been alive for a long time in the Expanded Universe stuff. Maul too I think. So the recent movies/TV are just incorporating stuff that's been around for a while.

Boba Fett being alive doesn't seem like a big reach to me. He was a badass in amazing armour. At the time lots of people were cross he was killed so easily and thrown away like that in Jedi. He was a character loved but long underused and of all the OT characters to bring back this one makes most sense to me.

Mace Windu? Don't have a strong opinion on that. But we've seen Jedis fall from great heights and found a way to survive, even after losing a hand. If Luke can do so, surely Windu could in the same situation?

If they were going to undo anything, I'd quite like The Rise of Skywalker to be erased from existence, or at least removed from my own memory.