The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5551
    That's Gina Carano fired then. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    They will probably be going in a different direction in series 3 anyway, with all the stuff about the dark sabre and the throne of Mandalore.  Won't be hard to write her out.  That may have been the plan anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    They will probably be going in a different direction in series 3 anyway, with all the stuff about the dark sabre and the throne of Mandalore.  Won't be hard to write her out.  That may have been the plan anyway.
    Maybe, but there was supposed to be a spinoff with Cara Dune in it, wasn't there?

I miss the days when people were hired and fired based on how well they could do their job.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder why these "celebrities" aren't more careful with what they say, knowing full well that it's going to impact their career? I mean how stupid do you have to be?
  • DiscoStu said:
    Good. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    edited February 2021
    DiscoStu said:
     Shame, but she's toxic now ....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Fingers crossed This thread doesn't end up in P&E.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5551
    edited February 2021
    tekbow said:
    Fingers crossed This thread doesn't end up in P&E.
    No let's not go there please.
    Cara Dune was a badass character so it's a shame we won't see her again but Gina should have known better than to post what she did when she's working for the House of Mouse. Obviously not just because of Disney but as @Switch625 said, some people can be really stupid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24583
    edited February 2021
    crunchman said:
    Maybe, but there was supposed to be a spinoff with Cara Dune in it, wasn't there?

I miss the days when people were hired and fired based on how well they could do their job.
    I miss the days when people were sufficiently educated to realise that not being popular for their political views is not the same as being a Jew in Nazi Germany.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4152
    edited February 2021
    crunchman said:

I miss the days when people were sufficiently educated to realise that not being popular for their political views is not the same as being a Jew in Nazi Germany.
    Exactly. "Wah wah, people are cross because I'm a bigot, this is just like being put in a death camp and gassed." No Gina, it isn't, it really isn't. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:

Exactly. "Wah wah, people are cross because I'm a bigot, this is just like being put in a death camp and gassed." No Gina, it isn't, it really isn't. 
    True enough, and I'm not arguing that her comments were anything other than objectionable tripe.

The problem with cancel culture is...if everybody was subject to it, then it wouldn't happen. For example, I get to see the change log on here, and I'd hazard an educated guess that at least 80% of the regulars have posted an opinion, a joke or even a passing turn of phrase that would get them cancelled if they were more famous.

Of course, almost everybody in that 80% thinks they would be in the other 20%. And that's the joke.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • my issue is the real f***ing nuts like Marjorie Taylor Greene are not cancelled -they're kept in positions of authority for entire populaces. So all cancelling people does is eradicate moderate wackos and leave only absolute assholes to be role models.
    Cancel culture is just a re-badging of actions having consequences.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:

True enough, and I'm not arguing that her comments were anything other than objectionable tripe.

The problem with cancel culture is...if everybody was subject to it, then it wouldn't happen. For example, I get to see the change log on here, and I'd hazard an educated guess that at least 80% of the regulars have posted an opinion, a joke or even a passing turn of phrase that would get them cancelled if they were more famous.

Of course, almost everybody in that 80% thinks they would be in the other 20%. And that's the joke.
    I didn't know any of this until this morning but she does seem to have been consistent in prodding the public with her views - borderline racism, transphobic, anti mask and now this nonsense. I also think there is a difference between posting as an individual and posting as an organisation and fame makes her brand Gina Carano. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2441

....if they go against the 'in-vogue' opinions of the time.

Anyway, as long as we still at least get Katee Sackhoff, that's fine :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26735
    edited February 2021

It isn't, though, is it? It's a combination of actions having consequences and mob rule.

And that mob can't argue with actual arguments that change people's minds, it argues by doxxing, destroying people's private lives and wrecking their professional lives.
    <space for hire>
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    edited February 2021
    I do think she was trying to make a valid point, just in the most idiotic way imaginable. It’s a shame she’s gone, but it’s not going to break my heart, and I’m sure she could easily be replaced by another actress that could do the I’m hard routine, if the cara dune spin off goes ahead. 
  • Cancel culture is just a re-badging of actions having consequences.

This. There's no real cancel culture.

• I've rarely turned off a film as quickly as I did Haywire. I had low expectations going in, but I've never seen a worse actress as the lead in a major film. Has she improved enough since then that this is actually a loss to the show?