The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• I had that at-at. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    tekbow said:
    Thought it was a disappointment.  Just action scenes strung togetherretare slowly and a rather poor Deep Fake of Skywalker (only movng lips?).

Maybe it's a big payoff for those who've filled in their census return as "Jedi", but for a casual viewer it was way weaker than the excellent remainder of the two series - which has really been a modern Clint Eastwood western (not a Sci-Fi-Soap)!
    I’ve generally enjoyed it but found the finale a bit disappointing, presumably there are viewers who wouldn’t even know who Skywalker and it was just lots of false jeopardy and CGI shoot ups. 

tekbow said:
    tekbow said:
    I doubt we're ever going to get a live-action Mara Jade though. I don't think she fits into the timeline anymore. 

Well.. I'm not 100%, but I beginning to buy the rumour that the sequels are about to be ditched from canon.
    Much as I hate TROS I have no idea how they could do that. 

Because as @digitalscream points out, there's no way to explain why at least some of these characters aren't around past killing them all.

And at this stage, that'll go down even less well than the sequels.

Kathleen Kennedy has taken a back seat over at Lucas film.

According to rumour, she has no influence Over Filoni and Favreau. I'd buy that as being accurate because to be quite honest, it shows.
    I know bugger all about the workings of Lucas Films but I had heard Kennedy on the radio this week ( working in a bubble on the next Jurassic Park fillum) and I got the impression she saw The Mandalorian as her baby to a large extent. 

We'll See next year as her contract is up sometime In 2021.

But in short, her movies pissed a large section of the fanbase off, and Filoni/Favreau's efforts have by and large been gotten behind by the entire fanbase.

DiscoStu said:

Sorry, stealing that, will give you full credit wherever its posted.

This may be the worlds greatest starwars meme.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12416
    I had that at-at. 
    I was desperate for the at at or the millennium falcon the Christmas return of the Jedi came out. I put them both on my Christmas list to be sure. Come the day my main present was a large box - I nearly peed with excitement when I started removing the paper and saw it was a large Star Wars toy. 

It was the f&cking rebel transporter, the crappest of all Star Wars toys, except maybe 4 Lom...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I had the AT-ST in the pic above... and also the Rebel Transport. I think we were in the same boat, would’ve loved the Millennium Falcon and the AT-AT. They were the Holy Grail, but they seemed like hens’ teeth even back when they were new.

Pretty sure we asked for those and ended up with the Rebel Transport, exactly as you describe.

• 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    munckee said:

I was desperate for the at at or the millennium falcon the Christmas return of the Jedi came out. I put them both on my Christmas list to be sure. Come the day my main present was a large box - I nearly peed with excitement when I started removing the paper and saw it was a large Star Wars toy. 

It was the f&cking rebel transporter, the crappest of all Star Wars toys, except maybe 4 Lom...
    You are me and I claim my £5
  • 18 months between my brother and I...  one of us got the falcon, the other got the rebel transporter...

we haven't spoken to each other since.. ;-)

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3898
    AT-AT, Falcon and rebel transport currently in my lounge in a box. Think I was spoilt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Being born in 1984 I kinda missed SW first time round. I had a handed-down Snowspeeder and C3PO (who I thought was R2D2 because I hadn't seen the films yet). 

Best xmas present ever was the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 when I was about 5. I don't think I've ever been more excited. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5551
    My folks couldn't have afforded a Falcon or an AT-AT. I did get the Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper though which I thought was cool as. 
    If you haven't seen it already, you should check out the Star Wars episode of 'The Toys That Made Us' on Netflix. The Transformers episode is a joy as well.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80161497?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

• DiscoStu said:
    My folks couldn't have afforded a Falcon or an AT-AT. I did get the Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper though which I thought was cool as. 

Where you pressed a little button at the back and it blew up? That was cool.

DiscoStu said:
    If you haven't seen it already, you should check out the Star Wars episode of 'The Toys That Made Us' on Netflix. The Transformers episode is a joy as well.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80161497?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

That show is great fun.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

DiscoStu said:

Where you pressed a little button at the back and it blew up? That was cool.
    Yip, that's the one! And yeah it was cool.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12416
    DiscoStu said:
    In retrospect I'm sure my parents compared the prices and thought the rebel; transport was great value, and a storage case for your toys, which sucked the fun even further : )

I did have the speeder bike and AT ST.  I got for my birthday Luke's X Wing with additional battle damage transfers (I didn't put those on obviously I wasn't a loser!).  In our house at the time a corridor had been put through a bedroom to access a bedroom at the back which made a perfect death star run.  I even had the tauntaun which you could put hoth luke in the belly.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16771
    I had an AT-AT.   Gave it away like an idiot.

Also, my mum threw my x-wing down the stairs and its wings never opened again properly after that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had (and still have somewhere) the AT-ST and the Speeder Bike from ROTJ. I remember we had a Millenium Falcon that I think my parents picked up at a car boot sale, it was missing some pieces but still a lot of fun to play with.
  • We had loads (my brother and me are just a year apart born mid 70s)

Falcon, AT-AT, AT-ST, X-Wing, Snowspeeder, Troop Transport, Speeder Bike, Tauntaun, Wamper, loads of figures. 

Gave them all away when we “grew out of them”. Really regret that now!
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    I can remember going to Redgates the big toy shop in Sheffield, as soon as the doors opened on the day they got their delivery of Star Wars figures to be able to get the ones I was missing.
  • so I read today that we'll be getting The Book of Boba Fett before Mando season 3..  although not to long between them, albeit 12 months from now all being well.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ Makes sense, I think Book of Fett’ll show us more of the Outer Rim and ‘normal’ underworld life, with Mando staying more focussed on Djinn and Bo Katan from here on out.

I’m really hoping this isn’t the last time we see Grogu on-screen though :(
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    ^ Makes sense, I think Book of Fett’ll show us more of the Outer Rim and ‘normal’ underworld life, with Mando staying more focussed on Djinn and Bo Katan from here on out.

I’m really hoping this isn’t the last time we see Grogu on-screen though :(

I'm sure we will see Grogu again.

I don't know if it will be following on from where he is now, or whether they will set something after TROS.