What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Absolutely packed this year, curry superb as usual
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Slimbert said:
    Mikey Demus making a racket...

You can see my ear in that picture! 

Not bothered with Rabea, will try to see the other acts later. 

Lot of lovely guitars, amps and pedals. Not really looking for anything in particular. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I’d love to be there but I chickened out at the 5hr+ round trip (what a lightweight, I know). Hope everyone has fun and that any of our fretboard-friendly businesses who are there have a successful show. Pics would be good. I bet Mark’s got some lovely stuff on his G4U stand and I know Mr Ivison has some lovely lookers on his stand. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    I'll be there tomorrow. Has any enterprising stand started flogging hand sanitising gel for £50 a pop? :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    I'll be there tomorrow. Has any enterprising stand started flogging hand sanitising gel for £50 a pop? :-) 
    I think I mentioned this in the other Discussion but Chappers was pretty much having a strip wash in the stuff. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:

everyone gets done as they come through the door :)

J
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
    TimmyO said:
    I think I mentioned this in the other Discussion but Chappers was pretty much having a strip wash in the stuff. 

He's here, but I have to say, there isn't much of a queue of people waiting to see him.

The smaller companies/builders seem really busy. The pedal makers using headphones to showcase is a great move. I tried loads more stuff this year as a result.

Noise levels are creeping up slowly. Hamstead and Dover Amps are definitely the main offenders.
  • Jason said:
    TimmyO said:

everyone gets done as they come through the door :)

J
    I didn't? 

Only comment I'd make @Jason ;is that the selling of the raffle tickets isn't that obvious. Two minds about saying this as it will lower my chances but I suspect it could be pushed more. Although it could just be me being slow on the uptake.
    I appreciate these are the two busiest days of your year and it doesn't help your bottom line but FWIW, YMMV,etc. 

Great show as usual, it does genuinely get better every year. 
  • https://i.imgur.com/QqCJYn8.jpg

Britain’s tallest man ( and longest hair!) and somewhere beyond him Aynsley Lister. He was joined by Mick Taylor for the last couple of songs. 
  • https://i.imgur.com/MVbTEKr.jpg

Mikey Demus ( I only saw artists who’s names I’m not sure about the spelling of). He is a right handed person who plays lefty. I didn’t know that. 
  • I've just got back home from the show. Was much enjoyed, but I think in future I should save some money beforehand to buy some of the nice things. @ThorpyFX next time I'll be taking that Veteran home with me.

Was nice meeting some of the names off of here, big shout outs to the guys in the Thorpy, Oil City, and Anasounds booths, each of whom I had lengthy chats with and were all happy to take time with me and ask me how my day was going.

Also, that Saz Guitar was pretty incredible.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
    Today felt much better than last year.

Top marks to @Jason for the improvements. And apologies again for pinching Mick away from you...what a lovely bloke he is!
  • Tickets are in the van so I don’t forget them. Will have Koneguitarist with me in case anyone wants his autograph
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    TTony said:
    So ....

Who’s there?

We’ve normally got s few event photos posted by now.

Plus complaints about the lack of parking, length of queue to get in, and noise levels
     ;)

But mostly I’d like to see some photos ...

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Curry excellent
    Coffee ditto
    Half hourly noise break appreciated by everyone

I’ll be back again tomorrow, so hope to meet more of you face to face 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    Had a great time today, great mix of stuff to buy, uk based builders of guitars, amps and pedals and great players doing demos.

The Purple Rain cover that Ainsley Lister and TPS Mick did was awesome - 4 musicians having fun playing music together, that’s what is should always be about!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Excellent work by @Jason in making the show a much more enjoyable event - the quiet times were perfect (so a third of the show was quiet!), the coffee was great and he gets even more bonus points for lending us a table cloth because - for at least the second year running - I forgot.

Cheers, dude!
    <space for hire>
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4917
    I've just got back from brum; I had an enjoyable day.

The car park was full (it's ridiculously small for the venue), so I just parked up one of the streets and strolled down the hill - no biggie.

Inside, I had a great conversation with Chris Childs (Thunder bassist - great band!) on the Strandberg stand, a brief chat with Tony Butler (Big Country), a short discussion with Becky Baldwin about custom-made pickguards, and put the world to rights on a couple of topics on The Fretboard stand.

And various interesting people on the various stands.

The sound levels were just right and pretty much everybody stuck to the hooter signalling the quiet periods - nice one, folks!

In one of the noisy bits I got to play a 6-string headless fanned-fret bass on SBC's stand - a really fine, quality, playable piece of kit.

As far as buying things, I came home with 3 sets of Ernie Ball guitar strings and two sets of Rotosound's new Ultramag bass strings (they should be interesting), but that's it, so fairly slim pickings.

Gripes: suppliers didn't bring spare parts and there weren't any parts & oddments bins to rummage through, and that's about it!

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    edited February 2020
    https://i.imgur.com/QqCJYn8.jpg

Britain’s tallest man ( and longest hair!) and somewhere beyond him Aynsley Lister. He was joined by Mick Taylor for the last couple of songs. 

I was just to the left out of your shot.

I quite enjoyed it.  Bought a few small things (slide, fretboard oil etc.).  Got a free set of the XT strings D'Addario are trying to push.

Tried out some very nice Atkin guitars in the upstairs acoustic bit.  I'm trying to figure out how to get the essential D.