Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm trying the LCHF (Keto) diet

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24331
    Drew.  I will say this for the final time.  Please stop trying to engage me in conversation.  That ship sailed, and sunk, a long time ago.  I have you on ignore now.  I only clicked on your post as I suspected - correctly - that you were trying to pretend that everything was cool between us.  It isn't.  It never will be.  Why can't you just go about your business on the forum without addressing me ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Drew.  I will say this for the final time.  Please stop trying to engage me in conversation.  That ship sailed, and sunk, a long time ago.  I have you on ignore now.  I only clicked on your post as I suspected - correctly - that you were trying to pretend that everything was cool between us.  It isn't.  It never will be.  Why can't you just go about your business on the forum without addressing me ?
    Very mature post Emp, and gently said... good for you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    I’ve been on keto for 11 months.  

4 stone down, zero complaints from me.  
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I'll be three years on Keto in February. Single best thing I have ever done for my general health. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Right, so zero progress then. Suspected as much!

I will talk to whoever, and about whatever, I bloody well like!

Bye!

• Fuengi said:
    I'll be three years on Keto in February. Single best thing I have ever done for my general health. 
    I had a bit of a tumble last Monday with a doughnut, and that threw me off track. But I'm back on it now. I have noticed I feel better in the mornings. Less groggy when I wake up. I miss proper ales though.

TheMarlin said:

That's excellent! I'd be happy to drop 4 stone in 11 months!

Bye!

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Fuengi said:
    I had a bit of a tumble last Monday with a doughnut, and that threw me off track. But I'm back on it now. I have noticed I feel better in the mornings. Less groggy when I wake up. I miss proper ales though.

TheMarlin said:

I don't think falling off the wagon is too bad every now and again, it reminds me how shit I felt most of the time compared to how I feel on Keto. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuengi said:
    Fuengi said:

TheMarlin said:

I don't think falling off the wagon is too bad every now and again, it reminds me how shit I felt most of the time compared to how I feel on Keto. 
    Yeah I get that! I'm still 88kg this morning, so no change over night.

The way I'm approaching it:

- Skip breakfast
    - Around 1pm eat bacon, eggs, and cheese. Sometimes an omelete. Bit of salad.
    - Pecan nuts throughout the day as a light snack. Maybe some brie.
    - Around 6-7pm, have a steak or a bunless burger or a rice-less Indian curry, or some fish. Basically something satisfying, without the carby stodge.
    - A few low-carb beers as an option; maybe a Skinny beer, or a Coors, or a Bud Light. Tastes like piss most of the time tbh, but it ticks a craving box. Sometimes a bottle of wine instead.

No chocolate. No rice. No bread. Go easy on the milk. 

dietdoctor.com has some nice recipes - I made a keto pizza last week which was very tasty!

Bye!

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Keto pizza is the thing that keeps me on track - I think I've had it every weekend for the last 18 months!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6155
    Bidley said:
    Bidley said:
    I've been keto since last June and I've lost 25kg/4 stone. If I didn't have a blowout over Christmas I'd be nearer 30kg! Best thing I've ever done.

Still keto and 42kg/6.5 stone down now. I'm even enjoying the gym (especially now it's open again)!
    Wow - good stuff!

I can't be bothered with the full keto-restriction thing, but have seriously dropped the carbs from my diet. No bread, no biscuits, no rice, no pasta. More cheese, dairy, protein, etc - same as most people. Stick to that for about 10 days at a time, and then treat to chip butty (yes, really!)

Have lost 10kg since Summer. Happy with that, but hit a bit of a plateau and still got a bit of belly to lose. Now back to where I was 9 years ago. Should probably add a bit of gym to tone up a bit, too.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6155
    Bidley said:
    Keto pizza is the thing that keeps me on track - I think I've had it every weekend for the last 18 months!
    Which recipe?
    goldtop said:
    Bidley said:
    Which recipe?

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/

Going keto has taught me to despise websites like the above - even if they have given me valuable recipes that break up the meat-egg-cheese-broccoli cycle I sometimes settle into! Having to read a blog before getting to the actual content I wanted winds me up!
    edited December 2020
    I’ve experimented with lots of different flours, making keto breads, flatbreads, crackers, and pasta.  Wife and I love to cook. 

My favourite is Lupin Flour, you have to use it carefully, as it can be bitter, but for pizza, crackers, amd pasta, it’s kicks ass. 

This is my favourite pizza base recipe. It’s really hits the spot. 

Generally, this is an excellent source of recipient. 
    I’m making hazelnut ice cream tonight. 

• Coconut flour tastes like balls for what it's worth - ugh! Hate it.

Bye!

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Another good alternative for a pizza base is grated cauliflower (or cauliflower rice) mixed with cheese and 1-2 eggs. I sometimes use almond flour for making bread substitute products but it is quite high in the calories.
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited December 2020
    Can you get that Lupin flour anywhere on the high street?? I've not seen any at the Morrisons round the corner from me. Nor almond flour!

Bye!

edited December 2020
    Almond flour I find is sometimes called ground almonds in supermarkets. Sainsbury's near me does it.

I'll give the lupin flour a go! Sounds decent.
  • Bidley said:
    Almond flour I find is sometimes called ground almonds in supermarkets. Sainsbury's near me does it.

I'll give the lupin flour a go! Sounds decent.
    Right then! Time for a walk. I quite fancy giving a pizza a go tonight.

Bye!

Try the lupin flour crackers.  They’re frikin amazing. I make a batch, (I like a few sneers in), and and keep them in an airtight container.  Last for ages!
    yoi want them as thin as you can get them  you cook them twice!!