Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How to deal with a band member for the benefit of the band?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    A female singer isnt going to happen.  Guitarist diesnt want one of those either, they've been let down 3 times by girls.

Would also mean starting pretty much from scratch  and most songs we want to tackle are male led.  Not all but most.

No point in playing anywhere if your not enjoying the songs.
    Strange it’s been the opposite for me. I’ve always been let down by ego’d male singers. I only use female singers now call me sexist if you like but it makes my job a lot easier not have to deal with those kinds of egos in a band. 
    My experience exactly. We currently have three female singers on rotation and they're not only good singers but excellent band members. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2240
    ICBM said:

Ultimately this will either result in me being kicked out, and the problem will be resolved (not to my ideal liking - but hey, at least I wont be frustrated any more )  - or he will leave, again solving the problem in a not ideal way - I think that would be a mistake as well (and in both cases should the band move forward new members would have to be found -  and upcoming commitments cancelled). Or - it might just bring it all out into the open - and comments made by you lot might hit home.  We may actually end up resolving some of the problems - or compromising either on solution or time frame.  That would be my wish.  As I posted, I like the guys...all of them as people.  I love the material (possibly WHY Im so desperate to take it where we want to go and to its best), but as it stands what will be will be.
    If the bassist is reading this, I'll repeat what I said in the first place - get a proper, *good* singer, preferably female. Being let down by a couple in the past is not a guide to future performance...

The bassist's and guitarist's singing are perfectly fine for backing vocals or even the occasional lead which suits them. I don't hear any major problems with anyone else's other abilities either.

A good singer will lift the band to another level effortlessly.
    I stand by what I posted as well. Mr bass player if you are reading this, try auditioning some vocalists, male and female. You don't have to take them on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom