TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• daviesjdaviesj Frets: 26
    Thanks for the response. I have had some Tc pedals in the past and always liked them. I too like the size of the pedal and the breadth of effects especially if endless editing is not the norm. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kp123Kp123 Frets: 1
    Hi there all - not posted previously but hoping to do so more often.
    I picked this up from GuitarGuitar a few weeks back and am loving it so far, especially with the tuner that has come in update 1.1.43.
    for the other users who already have it @PedalPlatform especially, have you had any issues with the signal level coming out of it?
    mine is lower than unity which means it doesn’t currently interact with the front of my amp as naturally as my guitar straight into the front end.
    I can get the signal level back to where is should be with a compressor but I would prefer not to have to take up a slot with it.
    The folks at TC are taking a look but haven’t been able to replicate the issue so far.
    I have toggled between True and buffered bypass and unplugged my expression pedal, but still just a few dB under where my signal should be.
    Any help would be great!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    I haven’t got one, but the last TC unit I had (Nova System) just sucked the life out the guitar, so it lost any Individuality. 
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    edited April 2020
    Mine arrived yesterday. So far just got it plumbed in my amps effects loop for ease of install, but eventually, I want two slots in front and three in the loop. I keep forgetting it's not just five pedals and you can swap the boards to suit!!

I did some brief tweaking last night to get accustomed to menus etc and all very straight forward. I'll hopefully get some time to play today! 

• Kp123 said:
    I picked this up from GuitarGuitar a few weeks back and am loving it so far, especially with the tuner that has come in update 1.1.43.
    for the other users who already have it @PedalPlatform especially, have you had any issues with the signal level coming out of it?
    mine is lower than unity which means it doesn’t currently interact with the front of my amp as naturally as my guitar straight into the front end.
    I can get the signal level back to where is should be with a compressor but I would prefer not to have to take up a slot with it.
    The folks at TC are taking a look but haven’t been able to replicate the issue so far.
    I have toggled between True and buffered bypass and unplugged my expression pedal, but still just a few dB under where my signal should be.
    Any help would be great!

No problems with signal level here either :\ does your do it all the time, or only when specific effects are engaged?
  • Kp123Kp123 Frets: 1
    Kp123 said:
    Any help would be great!

No problems with signal level here either :\ does your do it all the time, or only when specific effects are engaged?
    Thanks for your reply! It has been doing it all the time, even with an empty board and in true bypass. The folks at TC have been really good at coming up with potential solutions but it looks like this one will have to be swapped out.

Shame, but these things happen and apart from that I can’t fault the device at all. Super easy to use and the tones were great.

Here is hoping it turns up soon enough!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    So, where are we on these? Any more owners and if so, what are your first impressions?

Anyone found any more decent vids?

Just a tad frustrated as ordinarily, I would've tried this by now to make up my own mind. Alas, I can't take a blind punt on it.
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    @Kebabkid ;I paid the extra and got mine from Thomann about a month before the UK stock arrived.

I'm still not entirely 'done' with setting it up, in fact no where near. I've only got one board that I keep playing and tweaking with rather than using the other boards, I keep forgetting that it's a feature. I'm hoping to get around to setting it up with a MIDI controller to flick between the boards in the near future. There seems to be a bit of option paralysis going on! That said the actual changing of TonePrints, parameters, pedals etc is straightforward and intuitive. 

The ability to split the slots between in front of the amp, and in the FX loop of the amp is brilliant. You can run the whole thing in loop to by adjusting the onboard settings and don't have to rewire it.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the Sentry Noise Gate. No matter how I set it, it seems to cut tone rather than noise so I've reverted back to my EHX Silencer. I also can't seem to get anything worthwhile out of the Compressor other than a gain boost, but I'm fairly sure that is user error on my part.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    abw1989 said:
    @Kebabkid ;I paid the extra and got mine from Thomann about a month before the UK stock arrived.

I'm still not entirely 'done' with setting it up, in fact no where near. I've only got one board that I keep playing and tweaking with rather than using the other boards, I keep forgetting that it's a feature. I'm hoping to get around to setting it up with a MIDI controller to flick between the boards in the near future. There seems to be a bit of option paralysis going on! That said the actual changing of TonePrints, parameters, pedals etc is straightforward and intuitive. 

The ability to split the slots between in front of the amp, and in the FX loop of the amp is brilliant. You can run the whole thing in loop to by adjusting the onboard settings and don't have to rewire it.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the Sentry Noise Gate. No matter how I set it, it seems to cut tone rather than noise so I've reverted back to my EHX Silencer. I also can't seem to get anything worthwhile out of the Compressor other than a gain boost, but I'm fairly sure that is user error on my part.
    Cheers.

Spec-wise, it ticks so many boxes and I like TC effects, anyway.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's used the cab simulator and what they think of that?
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited May 2020
    They hint at..... possibly an X3. 
    I'd be all over that. Well, as long as the pitch block could replace an EHX pitchfork and they added a ditto looper.