TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1188
    That demo. So lights / bar charts come out of the top of it, or the bottom of it.

Acoustic guitar sound like an acoustic guitar.

Keyboard / synth sounds like a keyboard synth.

Bass / dub mix overwhelms everything else. 

I thought it was an effects pedal to use with electric guitars - but I must be wrong, because I have no idea what an electric guitar sound like through it.  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not very clear on the one knob per effect design. As I understand it you have to set up any effect within the app and there is limited on board tweaking available. I don't know if that one parameter is selectable or if it's a given per effect type.   
    In edit mode the four knobs apply to the selected effect from what I gather; just like the toneprint pedals themselves.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not very clear on the one knob per effect design. As I understand it you have to set up any effect within the app and there is limited on board tweaking available. I don't know if that one parameter is selectable or if it's a given per effect type.   
    In edit mode the four knobs apply to the selected effect from what I gather; just like the toneprint pedals themselves.

Yes.  See Page 10/11:

Edit mode gives you all 4 knobs to use on the selected effect, Play mode the knob above each effect is assignable to whatever parameter you want to keep available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Yes.  See Page 10/11:

Edit mode gives you all 4 knobs to use on the selected effect, Play mode the knob above each effect is assignable to whatever parameter you want to keep available.
    Thanks both. That makes sense, for me at least some on the fly tweakability is necessary. It does sound like it will then save whatever you adjust it to as well so it's quite straightforward. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • All the deep editing is within the app, which isn't usually my preference. And to be honest a limit of 1 or 3 toneprint slots did irritate me when I owned the original HoF and Flashback pedals. But I think 75 per-type is probably enough for me!

Spend a day coming up with my own toneprints. Clear off all of the factory content. Job done.

Bye!

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited February 2020
    Educate me chaps, what is MASH?
    Not the SPUDZ!....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The footswitch isn't just on/off.  Stamp on it and it does just that, press down more slowly and it's like a mini expression pedal, assignable to whatever parameter you want - delay level, reverb time etc.   The version '2' toneprint pedals, e.g. Hall Of Fame 2, already have this.
  • Yeah MASH is basically an expression pedal built into the switch. I tried the Flashback2 which has it built in and it works quite well.

I'm super impatient for more info on this thing. But I can't believe the relatively disinterest in it on tFB and TGP - a few years back this would've been setting forums on fire I reckon. Something has changed.

Bye!

• Maybe it's because we're in the days of things like Helix which do everything and this is "just" effects, without any drive/dirt? However as someone who uses real amps for driven sounds (plus favourite overdrive boxes), and likes/owns TC pedals, this is exciting for me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586
    edited February 2020
    Yeah MASH is basically an expression pedal built into the switch. I tried the Flashback2 which has it built in and it works quite well.

I'm super impatient for more info on this thing. But I can't believe the relatively disinterest in it on tFB and TGP - a few years back this would've been setting forums on fire I reckon. Something has changed.
    I think part of the problem is TC's release approach. We've had months of "There's something coming...", now they've finally released the details, but we still can't get one in our hands for a couple more months.

No matter how good the product is...that kind of marketing grinds people's teeth.

It doesn't help that the tech to do this has existed for almost a decade...which, coincidentally, was when people started asking for it. Yes, that's a personal gripe, but still...the headline features aren't going to grab headlines now as much as they would've done even five or six years ago.

The main feature that this has for me is the fact that it's got TC's effects, which (in my opinion) are head and shoulders above the competition - and that includes Line 6 and Fractal.
    <space for hire>
  • Yeah it could be. But I also think people have a lower opinion of TC than they used to because of footswitch issues and the Behringer buyout. And Tore being gone has probably had an effect too.

I have a Helix, and I love it, but I also hate it. I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's so big and bulky that when I get annoyed at not having certain algorithms or effects, I either have to live with it.. or stop using my Helix for a bit. No middle ground.

With this, there is middle ground. If I got annoyed with the built in delays and reverbs for example, I could still use my DD-500, Timeline, Volante, Big Sky, MXR Reverb, without worrying about floor space. I can't do that with the Helix.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited February 2020
    Yeah MASH is basically an expression pedal built into the switch. I tried the Flashback2 which has it built in and it works quite well.

No dismissiveness here, I’m considering one of these instead of yet another H9, particularly as it’s a little over half the cost of a Max. Still have a Timeline and Flint and 2 drive pedals, so it could cover modulation, pitch, or a second delay/reverb if needed.

Just checking, these 127 boards can come from any of the Toneprint pedals, you can’t store only 5 at a time? How do you scroll between “boards”?
  • Yeah MASH is basically an expression pedal built into the switch. I tried the Flashback2 which has it built in and it works quite well.

No dismissiveness here, I’m considering one of these instead of yet another H9, particularly as it’s a little over half the cost of a Max. Still have a Timeline and Flint and 2 drive pedals, so it could cover modulation, pitch, or a second delay/reverb if needed.

Just checking, these 127 boards can come from any of the Toneprint pedals, you can’t store only 5 at a time? How do you scroll between “boards”?
    Triple tap the 1 and 2 switches. Remains to be seen if we can switch them via midi, or if there is any sort of "board selection" mechanic where you can have 5 across the switches at once.

Bye!

Triple tap the 1 and 2 switches. Remains to be seen if we can switch them via midi, or if there is any sort of "board selection" mechanic where you can have 5 across the switches at once.
    So for example for board 1 you could have toneprints for compressor>phaser>delay>reverb>trem

And using switches 1 & 2 triple tap and then you could have toneprints for

Octave>flanger>chorus>vibe>Noise gate?

Or would boards 2 and onwards have to have toneprints from the same pedals as used on board 1?

• Different boards can be different sets of pedals. And each pedal with whatever toneprints.
  • Yeah completely different boards. With spillover too apparently. 

Bye!

• Different boards can be different sets of pedals. And each pedal with whatever toneprints.
    Yeah completely different boards. With spillover too apparently. 
    Well this is excellent to hear, and if the price point is to be around £350 then this looks like an absolute steal.
    Yeah completely different boards. With spillover too apparently. 
    Well this is excellent to hear, and if the price point is to be around £350 then this looks like an absolute steal.
    I might be tempted at that price.  If the effects are good could be a case of selling my flint and knocking the HX stomp off the board and have it for home use only.  
  • joeyowen said:
    Rich said:
    tone1 said:
    No tuner or drives, but it looks interesting  :)
    According to the TC website it does actually have a tuner, which is cool!
    But in the demo video they use a polytune next to it?
    It’s got a ’UniTune’ in it.  So a standard string at a time tuner.   Some poeple may miss the polyphonic tuner but it’s not absolutely necessary.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Sorry to differ but I think the quality of TC effects is, well, a bit shit.

If you dial in a long reverb on the HoF as it decays away it sounds like several tinny half-second samples all strung together rather than one smooth continuous tail as on the Strymons.

Blue Nun wine aficionados will love this new TC pedal.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom