TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 464
    I like the TC stuff in general but for that price I'd get the Boss MS-3. great fx, great controlling options and small size.
    I still want to buy another somewhere in the future cause I like my Stomp but to use in front of an amp the MS-3 was better, IMHO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• £399 won’t tempt me but I think it’s a fair enough price for the things it does.   Compare it to the £350 Volante, £450 Eventide H9, £350 Source Audio Collider etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    People might buy it for a dire emergency backup but thats about it, Ive never been impressed by TC effects, cheap and cheerful,,,,sort of
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    HXFX doesn't fit well on a board and needs much more mA. This is better on both fronts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonP said:
    HXFX doesn't fit well on a board and needs much more mA. This is better on both fronts.
    I'd also cautiously say, I think the TC Delays are better.

I'm still considering this, but I wanna wait for launch and to see what happens with pricing. I'm not a pre-order kind of guy. The only time I've ever done that with for the Strymon Volante.

Bye!

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I have an HXFX but I couldn't imagine using it live, this I could - especially if it drops to £320/£350 fairly quickly. I still think the Toneprint bluetooth thing is actual witchcraft though.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Jota said:
    I like the TC stuff in general but for that price I'd get the Boss MS-3. great fx, great controlling options and small size.
    I still want to buy another somewhere in the future cause I like my Stomp but to use in front of an amp the MS-3 was better, IMHO.
    +1 on the MS-3.  It's also been out for about 2 years so secondhand ones should be available.

I've no gripe with the quality of TC effects as such but they didn't handle the faulty switch problem particularly well at the time which nags at me.  The only way they'd make you right was send the pedal to them at your own cost and pay them 65 quid, if I remember correctly.
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited March 2020
    This is how I'm gonna roll I reckon.

Plethora taking compression + modulation + pitch duties. And because I've moved the smaller stomps away from it, I can still use the mash switches.

I did have a Keeley comp, Mobius, and EHX Pitch Fork in that spot.

Bye!

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1594
    edited March 2020
    Price drop at Andertons! Down from £399 to er, £395.  Stock due 17th April.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Some cool sounds here. I think I will get one.

Bye!

I’m going to get one. Was in DV247 on Saturday. They’ve got 30 on order. The chap there wasn’t convinced by mid-April for delivery. He said Behringer, who now own TC, are always very optimistic with shipping dates. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

There'll be hundreds of these eventually.
    One thing that did jump out at me from the Andertons video ( and I don't think I've said ) is that you can't tweak anything ( other than effects on and off, MASH and tap tempo as applicable) in Play mode. 
    Which is fine if you've tweaked your tones for a world tour but potentially a small PIA. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I thought originally that the knob above each 'pedal' would have one assignable parameter on it in play mode - level, delay time or whatever.  That doesn't seem to be the case, at the moment.   
    I thought originally that the knob above each 'pedal' would have one assignable parameter on it in play mode - level, delay time or whatever.  That doesn't seem to be the case, at the moment.   
    I got that impression originally but I think they only work in edit mode. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    That was always the problem for me gigging these type of things.

You realise mid song that something is not quite right and you can't just grab it and tweak it and even if you can as soon as you hit a pedal they often reset back to whatever they were before.
    Just downloaded the quick start guide which says:

PARAMETER knobs. In EDIT mode, the PARAMETER knobs can be used to adjust specific effect parameters for the selected effect slot. In PLAY mode, each knob can be assigned to control any parameter for quick, on-the-fly adjustment

I've looked at that before and maybe they've updated the text, don't remember if that's what it said first time I looked.  The middle 3 knobs are called Parameter, maybe in Play mode the outer Effect and Toneprint knobs function as Parameter knobs too.
    Just downloaded the quick start guide which says:

PARAMETER knobs. In EDIT mode, the PARAMETER knobs can be used to adjust specific effect parameters for the selected effect slot. In PLAY mode, each knob can be assigned to control any parameter for quick, on-the-fly adjustment

I've looked at that before and maybe they've updated the text, don't remember if that's what it said first time I looked.  The middle 3 knobs are called Parameter, maybe in Play mode the outer Effect and Toneprint knobs function as Parameter knobs too.
    That Andertons video is wrong on so many levels now! 
    Some more info in this new vid:

Some more info in this new vid:

I saw that on my youtube feed and watched the first couple of minutes whilst making a coffee. They seem to have decided that being neighbours means they don't have to be socially distant. Hmm. Then there was a question about why no drive pedals on the X5 which always seems to me to miss the point of the whole bloody thing. Anyway, I'll probably still watch it all later... 
  • Happy with it not having drives. Would like a tuner and a looper. If it gets around 300 I will get one

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey