TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• DesVegas said:
    I thought the delays and tone prints for the Alter Ego were excellent, but the lack of self oscillation was frustrating.
    Flashback will do oscillation these days I'm pretty sure.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    I thought the delays and tone prints for the Alter Ego were excellent, but the lack of self oscillation was frustrating.
    When I had a Flashback I thought the tape and analogue delays were, I don't know, uninteresting maybe. For the II versions they've update those models so they should do a convincing oscillation now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

• That price would be a serious own goal for TC. There's nothing *exactly* like this on the market, but L6 HXFX / HX Stomp (£379-ish) and Boss's MS-3 (£359-ish) are close enough in terms of functionality and size that you'd think hard about spending over £100 more for the Plethora, which does *less* in some ways.

I'm not going to set too much store by projected prices at this stage though- as more places put up their pre-order prices I expect the average price will fluctuate (downwards) and eventually firm up nearer the release date when it's confirmed. 

$499 USD comes out around £390 GBP, so if the US and UK prices are in line with each other and not the old "same numbers, different currency symbol" pricing it might not be too far off the final price...
    Isn't it more likely to cost less here as TC gear is made in Denmark? Bound to be £390 at most.
  • BintyTwanger77 said:

Isn't it more likely to cost less here as TC gear is made in Denmark? Bound to be £390 at most.
    Pretty sure they design it in Denmark and make it somewhere cheaper, probably in the far east somewhere.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77 said:

Pretty sure they design it in Denmark and make it somewhere cheaper, probably in the far east somewhere.
    Makes sense, though I doubt it will be more than £390 based on the US price.
  • BintyTwanger77 said:

They are owned by a Chinese company now aren't they ( part of the same parent company as Behringer)? So I think the X5 will be made in China. 
  • Makes sense, though I doubt it will be more than £390 based on the US price.

If it is, nobody's going to buy it.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2020
    BintyTwanger77 said:

They are owned by a Chinese company now aren't they ( part of the same parent company as Behringer)? So I think the X5 will be made in China. 
    Price point is going to be important and and reliability. Whilst it might not be as feature-packed as a Helix Stomp, I think what it offers and the way it offers make it very appealing.

As with most things, the price will probably change and settle in 6mths time and be more favourable.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    When I had a Flashback I thought the tape and analogue delays were, I don't know, uninteresting maybe. For the II versions they've update those models so they should do a convincing oscillation now. 
    Even better, oscillation is the default for the MASH button on a few of the default modes in the Flashback v2.
    <space for hire>
  • Andertons video popped up on my phone, link to their website which says £399, available April.  
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited February 2020
    hmmmmmmmmm £399 puts it a little out of my "I'm comfortable to spend that" bracket. Particularly when it doesn't do any clever scenes mode or midi output type stuff yet.

I was happy to spend that on a Strymon Timeline, Mobius, and Volante though... so maybe I'm just being a snob.

Bye!

• Just had the Andertons video playing as background noise, obviously made before they had a price, and heard The Captain anticipating £300. He might want to get that edited!
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173

I was happy to spend that on a Strymon Timeline, Mobius, and Volante though... so maybe I'm just being a snob.
    No. Like me, you prefer a good glass of Chablis rather than a bucket of Blue Nun.
  • Havent seen anything on the videos on this but it needs a tuner/polytune built in, seems like they forgot a tuner feature..... hopefully they will add one in future updates/firmware
  • MrMusic said:
    Havent seen anything on the videos on this but it needs a tuner/polytune built in, seems like they forgot a tuner feature..... hopefully they will add one in future updates/firmware
    It was flashed up on the Anderton's video I think. No polytune, just a regular tuner IIRC.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • MrMusic said:
    Havent seen anything on the videos on this but it needs a tuner/polytune built in, seems like they forgot a tuner feature..... hopefully they will add one in future updates/firmware
    It was flashed up on the Anderton's video I think. No polytune, just a regular tuner IIRC.
    They said there will be a tuner. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    It's the Unitune, not the poliphonic one.
  • Doubt they wanted to kill their tuner sales.

Part of me still thinks £399 is too much. It's a great idea, but the Stomp has more going on, and I got it cheaper new. Plus, Line 6 HX Effects?

They need some good demos as most are pretty dull at the moment. It also seems it isn't 'finished' as yet...

• Just had the Andertons video playing as background noise, obviously made before they had a price, and heard The Captain anticipating £300. He might want to get that edited!
    Ha-good spot. Just watched the vid this morning, they are now saying on the vid they aren’t sure of the cost (even though it is now up in Andertons site at £399) but if it is ‘sub £400-500’ they think it’s good value so that is some quick editing and a rather different message!

They are justifying that price for TC (and themselves) by saying that one tone print pedal is between £80-100 so this is good value.

looks interesting to me, but would need to be much closer to £300. I would have the HX FX at the moment if all else is equal as I think as that gives more options/flexibility. Still has all the modulation, delay, verbs etc etc, has some drives if you want them or allows you to loop in your own and is going for £370 ish and less used. 

I want to like this though!