TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• Pretty sure I’ll be getting one of these. As much as I love individual stomps, it’s really just drives that I collect. My delays, verbs, and modulations could easily be done by a multi-fx, and I really like TC’s efforts.

Expect to see a lot of TC pedals in the classifieds soon I guess! Bring on the price and release date :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited February 2020
    jeztone2 said:
    Gulliver said:
    Double post - the quick swap feature of just holding the 2 footswitches to swap pedal order looks great. 

I don't think it can do presets though, so I can't load a board with 5 pedals, and create presets using those 5 pedals...  I wouldn't ever use it that way, but I bet loads of people would want to be able to do that.
    That’s exactly what I’m after. Otherwise I’m back to my Nova System. I have a lot of backing vocals now so hitting just one button wherever possible to change everything is my goal. 

But this is exciting. I think if they develop this concept and bring out a well priced hybrid of a Nova/G system with say preset mode, two insertable loops for drives. Sockets for exp pedal and bombproof construction. That’s game over for the HX effects and possibly those LT users who used amps. Also a stand alone tone print system would be a great M5 replacement. Although maybe this is. 
    The Line 6 FX could do this I take it? As in, presets, and each one would be a different chain of effects?
    At the moment, my effects loop is a reverb, Boss DD8 and a Line 6 M5 for activating all the quirky effects I'd rarely use but nice to have them when I need them. Maybe if it ain't broke....
     The HX FX and that new POD have a 2+2 preset arrangement which is totally unsuitable for my needs. Unless I bought a midi switcher. But being as most amp switchers and midi switchers are 5 in a row, you’d think someone in Line/Yamaha would have a brain cell and make all the switching customisable. 

I’m gonna stick with my Nova System for now. 
  • @jeztone2 I was thinking this new release would be an upgraded nova system. The existing nova system appeals but it looks like a big old bugger!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Looks great - a true modern multi-fx unit without the guff of digital drives or modelling. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Looks good to me and I like TC effects more than Line 6 ones. Could be for me and has all the fx I could wish for but more importantly, ones I would use on guitar and bass and ones I like.

I'm looking forward to trying this one.

Anyone got any idea when it's in the shops/comes to the UK?
  • Kebabkid said:
    Looks good to me and I like TC effects more than Line 6 ones. Could be for me and has all the fx I could wish for but more importantly, ones I would use on guitar and bass and ones I like.

April-ish was their answer on Facebook. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Kebabkid said:

April-ish was their answer on Facebook. 
    Ta :) 
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    It’s hard to please everyone but I think they’ve got this right. They did all the bells and whistles amp control, patches, midi and all that jazz with the g system and you end up with a massive complicated unit that is overpriced and overkill for most of the market.

Looks to me like they’ve done exactly what most people seemed to want - all of their delays, verbs and mods in a fairly small, easy to use and reasonably customisable unit.

There’s always going to be features not included that a minority might want but if you start adding them it gets more complicated and the price goes up. If you want it to be the control centre for your entire rig there are options out there already. Most people don’t need that.

It’s not like their drives, whilst decent, were the best thing ever. Most people already have their favourites and pair them with this, your favourite amp and you’ve got a great rig. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I take it this won’t have the “out there” mods like synth, organ effects etc 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    The effects loop is a great addition to be fair, and it's good they recognise they can't really compete generally with drive pedals.  I am quite tempted, but I never seem to stick to multifx, I always end up selling and going back to stand alone pedals

I wouldn't have high hopes reselling this after 12 months (Might be totally wrong however) 
  • Very tempted by this.  I've got a Hall of Fame, a Flashback, an old SCF, Polytune.  Combined into one unit would be great.

Is there something in the Toneprint range that will do harmonic trem?  Not sure if their Pipeline will do that?

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    If the price is right, it's easy to work and doesn't give me a headache every time I try to use it, then I'm in.
  • I pretty much wrote this off as soon as I saw the video - not enough loops/no drives/no amp control/etc.

However, I think I've been too judgemental; after all, the Helix was similarly useless to me until they added the snapshots.

If they added some drives and amp control (and they've hinted at both), this could probably replace my whole board in one go.
    <space for hire>
  • Very tempted by this.  I've got a Hall of Fame, a Flashback, an old SCF, Polytune.  Combined into one unit would be great.

Is there something in the Toneprint range that will do harmonic trem?  Not sure if their Pipeline will do that?

Fairly sure the Pipeline doesn't do harmonic tremolo. I guess if you see the Plethora as a lot of variations on more 'bread and butter' effects and anything less common you'd need separately. And they can do software updates so there might be one eventually.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    I take it this won’t have the “out there” mods like synth, organ effects etc 
    No standalone weird effects but I'm sure you could get lots of absurd noises using different combinations eg. pitch, reverse delay and vibrato.
  • FezFez Frets: 523
    As I have 4 TC pedals on my board this could be an interesting product to me.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    The ability to have any pedal in any slot means that as the switches fail you can shift your favourite effect to one that still works! Brilliant! 
    Red ones are better. 
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Possibly been answered already, but if you have 5 effects set, and on one song you want spring reverb, and on the next song you want hall reverb, will you have to manually change the reverb? From what I can see, presets can be saved? Or not? e.g. Preset 1 could be 5 stacked delays! Preset 2 could be comp > chorus > delay > reverb > vibrato....
  • Possibly been answered already, but if you have 5 effects set, and on one song you want spring reverb, and on the next song you want hall reverb, will you have to manually change the reverb? From what I can see, presets can be saved? Or not? e.g. Preset 1 could be 5 stacked delays! Preset 2 could be comp > chorus > delay > reverb > vibrato....
    You are saving virtual boards of up to 5 effects ( plus whatever is in the loop ) as I understand it so yes you could have 5 delays on one board.
    The footswitches are the MASH type and you can assign it to MASH or to tap tempo ( where applicable eg delay and tremolo). I'm assuming there isn't a universal tap tempo per board ( not a feature I'd be likely to use but...) where you could use one foot-switch to sync up multiple effects although I guess that's possible through MIDI.
    I'm not very clear on the one knob per effect design. As I understand it you have to set up any effect within the app and there is limited on board tweaking available. I don't know if that one parameter is selectable or if it's a given per effect type.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    edited February 2020