TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• And one comment they made said they're looking into amp channel switching.

Which is fairly nice.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Which is fairly nice.

Surely that requires hardware changes though, which I would have thought was a more difficult proposition than adding new effects types...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5165
    Is there a Univibe? 

Which is fairly nice.

Surely that requires hardware changes though, which I would have thought was a more difficult proposition than adding new effects types...
    Depends on the topology. It could be something like "okay, there is now an option for the RIGHT output to be a switching output, but your main signal can only be mono" - but I honestly don't know.

Bye!

• What I'm curious about is what midi functionality there is built in. Can selecting a board send a program change, and can you string together 5 boards across the switches for 'snapshots' style functionality?

How far does it go to being the "command centre" of your board. Could you get away without having a midi controller?

Wont know that until the manual is available I suppose.

Bye!

• tone1 said:
    Is there a Univibe? 
    By the sounds of it they're still porting over some of the other toneprint pedals. Helix phaser and Viscious Vibe being two of them.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5165
    tone1 said:
    Is there a Univibe? 
    By the sounds of it they're still porting over some of the other toneprint pedals. Helix phaser and Viscious Vibe being two of them.
    Ta... :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    And someone asked about drives and TC say "Not yet. But there could be".

Which is also nice.

It does have the Hypergravity compressor so with the level up and the ratio down you could use it as a boost.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • And someone asked about drives and TC say "Not yet. But there could be".

Which is also nice.

It does have the Hypergravity compressor so with the level up and the ratio down you could use it as a boost.

Yep! That'd be partly my plan!

Bye!

• So that'd be an option, assuming the Plethora had some kind of ability to send midi PC's by itself without needing an additional midi controller.

Bye!

Which is fairly nice.

Depends on the topology. It could be something like "okay, there is now an option for the RIGHT output to be a switching output, but your main signal can only be mono" - but I honestly don't know.
    I would guess that although their midi thru forwards received midi it is actually processed in the unit to respond to incoming midi first and as such could be turned into a midi out in software. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    edited February 2020
    Interesting demo video. I had been thinking of going all in on a Line 6 Helix FX later this year, but this could be a winner for me. I could still use my few drives, and boost I take it, with this.
    As a noob on digital, just wondering how you could make the comp and chorus for example, go "before" the amp, and the rest in the loop. I would imagine it's something silly my brain can't figure out yet. Just bought a Boss DD8 too :(
    Maybe it's the shiny shiny trying to tempt me....
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited February 2020
    Gulliver said:
    Double post - the quick swap feature of just holding the 2 footswitches to swap pedal order looks great. 

I don't think it can do presets though, so I can't load a board with 5 pedals, and create presets using those 5 pedals...  I wouldn't ever use it that way, but I bet loads of people would want to be able to do that.
    That’s exactly what I’m after. Otherwise I’m back to my Nova System. I have a lot of backing vocals now so hitting just one button wherever possible to change everything is my goal. 

But this is exciting. I think if they develop this concept and bring out a well priced hybrid of a Nova/G system with say preset mode, two insertable loops for drives. Sockets for exp pedal and bombproof construction. That’s game over for the HX effects and possibly those LT users who used amps. Also a stand alone tone print system would be a great M5 replacement. Although maybe this is. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited February 2020
    Interesting demo video. I had been thinking of going all in on a Line 6 Helix FX later this year, but this could be a winner for me. I could still use my few drives, and boost I take it, with this.
    As a noob on digital, just wondering how you could make the comp and chorus for example, go "before" the amp, and the rest in the loop. I would imagine it's something silly my brain can't figure out yet. Just bought a Boss DD8 too
    Maybe it's the shiny shiny trying to tempt me....

You would use the insert loop on the Plethora. The loop send goes to the amp input, then the amp's effects loop send goes back to the loop return on the Plethora. The Plethora's main output then goes to the amp's effects loop return.

Working out placement of the effects loop within the chain would be done within the Plethora.

• jeztone2 said:
    Gulliver said:
    Double post - the quick swap feature of just holding the 2 footswitches to swap pedal order looks great. 

I don't think it can do presets though, so I can't load a board with 5 pedals, and create presets using those 5 pedals...  I wouldn't ever use it that way, but I bet loads of people would want to be able to do that.
    That’s exactly what I’m after. Otherwise I’m back to my Nova System. I have a lot of backing vocals now so hitting just one button wherever possible to change everything is my goal. 

But this is exciting. I think if they develop this concept and bring out a well priced hybrid of a Nova/G system with say preset mode, two insertable loops for drives. Sockets for exp pedal and bombproof construction. That’s game over for the HX effects and possibly those LT users who used amps. Also a stand alone tone print system would be a great M5 replacement. Although maybe this is. 
    The Line 6 FX could do this I take it? As in, presets, and each one would be a different chain of effects?
    At the moment, my effects loop is a reverb, Boss DD8 and a Line 6 M5 for activating all the quirky effects I'd rarely use but nice to have them when I need them. Maybe if it ain't broke....
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited February 2020
    Youtube comments from TC hint heavily that smaller er... Plethorae may follow at some point.

Also @WiresDreamDisasters one of TC's replies describes it as having MIDI OUT rather than THRU. 

• Youtube comments from TC hint heavily that smaller er... Plethorae may follow at some point.

Also @WiresDreamDisasters one of TC's replies describes it as having MIDI OUT rather than THRU. 

Hopefully I'm wrong about what I said earlier and hopefully either:

1. They've got midi CC and midi PC transmission per-switch and/or per-board selection.
    2. They've got plans to implement as such.

I could really see myself moving to this for a portable board if it had the above. I hope it has regular channel switching possibilities for you cats too, but that wouldn't help me much on account of my amps requiring midi.

Worst case scenario though, maybe I could add a small portable midi controller to it. The ES-5 is smallish but you can get smaller.

Bye!

• Dimensions btw: 298.5 x 116 x 53 mm (11.8 x 4.6 x 2.1")

Bye!

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Youtube comments from TC hint heavily that smaller er... Plethorae may follow at some point.

I'd be interested in that, but not the big one.

It's not going to be better than the Big Sky, so I'd have no use for the reverbs.

I also don't want to be too dependent on a TC product as I've had too many reliability issues.  A single, or maybe double pedal, that could load any toneprint would the ideal.  It would allow me to get many more options while making my board no bigger.
  • crunchman said:

It's not going to be better than the Big Sky, so I'd have no use for the reverbs.
    On this front what I would say is that for at least 10 years now we've been at a flavour versus flavour point rather than a quality versus quality front. 

There are obviously specific quirks to each brand and each model. But I think the TC delays and reverbs are absolutely up there with the Big Sky. Same with the Digitech stuff, Boss stuff, MXR reverb, etc.

I absolutely wouldn't consider this myself if I thought the delays and reverbs TC gave you were total cack - they're more important than the amp to me a lot of the time! :lol: 

Bye!