Netflix and other streaming recommendations for the lockin?

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader
    JAYJO said:
    Ozark. What a show... Just finished it last night. 

have you seen the end of series 4 now as well - Just caught the end last night 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 372
    Check out Norsemen and Lillyhammer, both on netflix, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    keithf said:
    Norsemen is fucking brilliant. I love Freya.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    keithf said:
    I enjoyed Lillyhammer.  If you've seen The Sopranos then it's even better imo because there are subtle homages thrown in especially in the latter episodes and not so subtle homages like the main character and his brother basically playing the same characters.   
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    On Netflix I would recommend Rake which is a comedy drama series about a maverick Australian lawyer which I didn't expect much of but is brilliant imo.  Those who like women of a certain age will probably enjoy Danielle Cormack in this too.

Also, if you're not a fan of the club but have a general interest in football, Sunderland Til I die is a fly on the wall look at the internal goings on as a football club sees its fortunes dramatically decline.  S1 in particular gives a real sense of the torment as the hope vs reality curves diverge.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6140
    siremoon said:
    On Netflix I would recommend Rake which is a comedy drama series about a maverick Australian lawyer which I didn't expect much of but is brilliant imo.  Those who like women of a certain age will probably enjoy Danielle Cormack in this too.
    Thanks for that @siremoon, it wasn't even on my radar so thought I'd check it out. That first episode with Hugo Weaving was great :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    randerson said:
    Dark - great soundtrack and despite what you might think after the first 20min, it's not a poor man's Stranger Things.
    I thought Dark was way, way better than Stranger Things.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27107
    Huge +1 for Community. I hadn't seen any before last weekend and we're already halfway through season 2. Absolutely up there with the best comedies of the last 20-odd years. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    bodhi said:
    randerson said:
    Dark - great soundtrack and despite what you might think after the first 20min, it's not a poor man's Stranger Things.
    I thought Dark was way, way better than Stranger Things.
    Its a great series, series 2 is just bonkers.
  • Something good that you can watch with your kids: Trollhunters. Animation created by Guillem Del Torro,
  • bentogabentoga Frets: 6
    My presonal favorites include The Terror (AMC), His Dark Materials (BBC) Child 44, Contagion, Metro Manila, Pandora . From Netflix are Kingdom, Giri/Haji , The Break, Dark , The Alienist, Wisting (Norwegian)  kudoss to Get American Netflix for delivering foreign networks and titles in quarantine
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    JAYJO said:

Yes  excellent programme. Have to find something else now though. Money Heist is quite good but the first 3 seasons are dubbed . The latest  season 4 is just subtitles which was less annoying to watch . 
  • JAYJO said:
    JAYJO said:

Yes  excellent programme. Have to find something else now though. Money Heist is quite good but the first 3 seasons are dubbed . The latest  season 4 is just subtitles which was less annoying to watch . 
    You can change that in the subtitle settings. I've just binged the whole 4 series with subtitles only, no dubbing.
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    The Get Down on Netflix - excellent series, created by Baz Luhrman, difficult to sum up but well worth watching imo. 

Sense8 also Netflix, enjoyed this though may not be everyone’s cup of tea, done by the Wachowski-were-Brothers-now-Sisters (Matrix).

Really getting into Altered Carbon at the mo. I just know season 2 will be a let down though. 

New Girl not bad for some light entertainment, takes a little while to warm up. Season 3-4 are best. 

Watched The Kominsky Method with low expectations and found it surprisingly good, undemanding tv. 

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    JAYJO said:
    JAYJO said:

You can change that in the subtitle settings. I've just binged the whole 4 series with subtitles only, no dubbing.
    DUHHH  LOL.... Remember next time...cheers
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    Quick update for anyone wanting to watch Tales from the Loop on Amazon Prime:

Don't bother.

It's possibly the most depressing series I've ever seen. Not exactly what you want when you're in lockdown.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    boogieman said:
    Just watched Pillars of the Earth on My5, a cracking adaptation of Ken Follett’s book. Ian MacShane is a naughty mediaeval bishop, Eddie Redmayne is the hero. The sequel is on there too. 

Mrs B likes Outlander and Discovery of Witches on Now. 
    Binge watched both the Ken Follet things. Both good if you like historical dramas. Annoyingly the last two episodes of World Without End are missing. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader
    anyone tried Babylon Berlin

Heard so much about it - Just started and only 3 episodes into it so far but starting to get intriguing 
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    I gave "Don't F**K with Cats" a whirl on Netflix. Crazy stuff but well worth it!
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    edited April 2020
    tony99 said:
    keithf said:
    Norsemen is fucking brilliant. I love Freya.
    Norsemen (particularly season 1) is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The humour is so dry it hurts but would recommend it to anyone.