Netflix and other streaming recommendations for the lockin?

What's Hot

Comments

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    edited June 2020
    I know its been mentioned before in this thread but just finished watching "The Boys" on Amazon. 
    I watched the first episode when  it was released and wasn't overly impressed. Having read so many good reviews I thought I'd  give it a second chance. So glad I did , it gets better with every episode so stick with it. Only 8 episodes which is also great. I wish more series would stick to 8-10 show runs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7881
    edited June 2020
    bobblehat said:
    I know its been mentioned before in this thread but just finished watching "The Boys" on Amazon. 
    I watched the first episode when  it was released and wasn't overly impressed. Having read so many good reviews I thought I'd  give it a second chance. So glad I did , it gets better with every episode so stick with it. Only 8 episodes which is also great. I wish more series would stick to 8-10 show runs. 
    I liked it. Also quite enjoyed The umbrella Academy

Season 2 arrived at the end of July. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    Wait a minute...

So bad that it's good, I presume

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    goldtop said:
    Wait a minute...

So bad that it's good, I presume

No Just Good. The overacting and general cheeseyness is, I think, by design.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7881
    It’s gets more interesting the deeper you go into it, an interesting take on the Superhero genre. 

Also enjoyed Chronicle. Great movie. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    In case anyone's missed it - Vikings on Amazon is superb.

Peaky Blinders is a slow burn, but the awesome soundtrack makes it a must watch

Killing Eve S3 has been a bit of a holding pattern until Pheobe Waller-Bridge takes over writing duties again in S4
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11925
    Black Sails

Preacher

Breaking Bad has to be the best ever surely
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11925
    btw
    I hope everyone knows about justwatch.com
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    Brooklyn 99 is good fun too and great for a binge.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    DiscoStu said:
    Just noticed that Tales From The Loop starts today on a Prime. Been looking forward to that for ages.
    Just watched the first one. Unfortunately not particularly impressed with it.

We have Netflix. My favourite has probably been A Series Of Unfortunate Events, mainly because the acting is superb, particularly from Neil Patrick Harris.

Also:
    Dark
    Narcos
    Better Call Saul
    The 3%
    Dirk Gently
    Black Mirror
    Lost In Space
    The OA
    The Umbrella Academy
    Ascension
    The Expanse - now transferred to Prime I think.

I don't watch many films, but I did like The Platform (El Hoyo). Quite bleak.
    Just watched the first two episodes of Dirk Gently. Despite bearing little resemblance to the books (apart from having a holistic detective character named Dirk Gently) I actually enjoyed it very much.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 985
    Am halfway through Season 2 of The Bridge (Bron/Broen) which is fantastic. Available on BBC iPlayer.  Would highly recommend, if you don’t mind reading subtitles as it’s in Swedish/Danish.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    What's an English take on Netflix's The Last Kingdom?  

I've enjoyed it myself.  I definitely think they rushed the part where Alfred invented the candle, but otherwise it's got quite a good blend of intrigue and emotion, along with the history of course.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    We've binged Brooklyn 99.... and I love it. Currently on Season 6, and Captain Raymond Holt never fails to make me grin.

Cowabunga, Mother.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    FarleyUK said:
    We've binged Brooklyn 99.... and I love it. Currently on Season 6, and Captain Raymond Holt never fails to make me grin.

Cowabunga, Mother.
    Best sitcom in years. I love it. 

For anyone that’s into computer game history, the docuseries HIGH SCORE on Netflix is worth a watch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone tried season 2 of The Boys on Amazon Prime?
  • TheMarlin said:
    bobblehat said:

For what it's worth, I detested The Umbrella Academy. 

Horrifically paced, terribly acted, and the entire plot hinges on the characters continually refusing to communicate with each other.

I wanted to like it so much but its beyond redemption for me. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22946
    TheMarlin said:
    Anyone tried season 2 of The Boys on Amazon Prime?
    Yep, I've watched the first 3 episodes.  New one tomorrow, I think.
  • Philly_Q said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Anyone tried season 2 of The Boys on Amazon Prime?
    Yep, I've watched the first 3 episodes.  New one tomorrow, I think.
    The first series was pretty good, how is the second series holding up?
  • TheMarlin said:
    bobblehat said:

For what it's worth, I detested The Umbrella Academy. 

Horrifically paced, terribly acted, and the entire plot hinges on the characters continually refusing to communicate with each other.

I wanted to like it so much but its beyond redemption for me. 
    I wasn't very interested in season one of the Umbrella Academy, it was on and other family members were watching it. However, season two really grabbed me, I'm not really sure why but it worked a lot better. 

My son is working his way through New Girl. There are over 140 episodes I think so I see a lot of bits of that. It's a bit crap, I'm just puzzled by their idea of a British accent.

I have started on Young Wallander. Disappointingly it's not on the same time line as the novels or the TV series of Wallander so it's just a contemporary crime show with the name and some affectations borrowed from adult Wallander. However, reasonable twisty turny plot and if you like a decent crime thriller and it's probably better if either you don't know or don't care about the Wallander history. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    This is the most heart warming 20 minutes you'll have today:

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)