Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    just approach it with an open mind really.. often wise to trust your ears as opposed to what you read on the web.

The pod go edit software is a delight, really easy to use.

I hooked mine up to my Laney LFR112 yesterday and booted out some volume..  Using USB to my pc I was was recording into Cakewalk easily alongside backing tracks.. all sound pumping out the the LFR too. I was crafting a tone quickly for my pal who has a Helix and is looking to downsize...

Some nice bass amp tones in there too.. ampeg and aguilar; definitely usable.  I think I'll have two cabs and an amp for sale before too long once I have road tested the new rig.

One good tip is that there are a number of ways to get that volume boost for solos on one footswitch depending on how you like your boost.. 
    1) assign an increase to the output block or cab to a footswitch
    2) or the "level" parameter of something such as delay/verb/eq
    3) or amp gain and level
    4) or boost pedal..
    5) hell I even "jumpered" the fx loop and did it that way just to see.. but this adds extra AD/DA conversions to the chain.

and it can be the toe switch or expression pedal too. not just a footswitch..

all depends on how you want you level increase to affect your overall tone

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Some great ideas there @bloodandtears many thanks for sharing. Should be getting mine in a few days too. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    Yay!! My Pod Go is here - working so can't open it til this evening. beerbanana  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 788
    PSA for those interested. I've just ordered from MusicStreet for £379 using the code STREETWISE. Their site said they had 6 in stock.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Rich31k said:
    PSA for those interested. I've just ordered from MusicStreet for £379 using the code STREETWISE. Their site said they had 6 in stock.
    Great deal, well done sir! ;)
    Voxman said:
    Rich31k said:
    Thanks. Except for the fact I'd convinced myself I'd wait for more reviews/comments about it before buying it.... :#
    Rich31k said:
    Voxman said:
    Rich31k said:
    Thanks. Except for the fact I'd convinced myself I'd wait for more reviews/comments about it before buying it.... :#
    I was kind of the same, but as Yamaha give a 30 days return policy with 2 yrs warranty, I got tempted!  =)
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    Mine arrived today. Spent 2 hours with it this evening and so far so great.

About two thirds the length of my old Firehawk fx, and must be half the weight which is appreciated! Presets sound much nicer than the Firehawk too.  Spent most of the time creating my first preset and getting my head around working with snapshots. Need to understand what you can and cant get away with those, but very useful on first go and the sounds are just lovely.

Connected my phone to stream some music to play along to. Suppose my Firehawk had an advantage here with the bluetooth, but 1 extra lead I can deal with as trade off for all the pod go's pluses. 

The main reason for moving away from the Firehawk was its over-reliance on the aging phone app to tweak presets.  No such issue here, after a little while its starting to become second nature adjusting all parameters on the unit itself. 

It did freeze once during my 2 hour mess around, the preset was still out putting the sound but all the switches and the screen had froze. I haven't updated the firmware yet though, and I guess stability issues may come with the early adopter experience.
    there is a point update looming that fixes a number of such issues that have been experienced in these early days..  people have experienced UI lock ups and patch library being blank.. all resolved via reboots but nevertheless bugs to be ironed out.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

edited June 2020
    Voxman said:
    Rich31k said:
    Voxman said:
    Rich31k said:
    Great deal, well done sir!
    Thanks. Except for the fact I'd convinced myself I'd wait for more reviews/comments about it before buying it....
    I was kind of the same, but as Yamaha give a 30 days return policy with 2 yrs warranty, I got tempted! 
    Yeah. Sounds like a good deal. I’d seen your post and thought about giving Yamaha a call on that too. Extra year warranty was tempting. 

I ordered at 14:10 yesterday and, it’s arriving in half an hour.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    this just arrived today!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    Mine is arriving from Andertons between 16.00-17.00. First bit of musical equipment I've bought new since My Digitech RP1 in 1994 ( prior to that it was an Ibanez Artist in 1982! ) I had a Stomp and loved it but that ungainly power supply pissed me off so much I sold it :) Looking forward to plugging it in later.
    @JohnCordy very,very tidy that like.. I guess you having a HX stomp already you were pretty clued up on how to get a decent tone out of the Pod Go quickly? Do you share tones?

Was the Eric Johnson inspired backing track your own creation or available on line??
    How much processing did you apply in the mix down? I thought I heard a couple of overdubs.

You did a video a while back, "Scenery Inspired", that had a heck of a lot of reverb on it that gave the impression of swell accompaniment.. have you manage to replicate that on the Pod Go?
    My trading feedback

• POD Go 1.11 / POD Go Edit 1.11 is now available and includes general bug fixes and improvements. 1.11 is strongly recommended for all POD Go owners. Please read the install instructions carefully!
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    POD Go 1.11 / POD Go Edit 1.11 is now available and includes general bug fixes and improvements. 1.11 is strongly recommended for all POD Go owners. Please read the install instructions carefully!
    oh god - you've got an entire new generation of people to put in support tickets! :D 

I wonder if the USA will still be worse at reading instructions than everybody else.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    POD Go 1.11 / POD Go Edit 1.11 is now available and includes general bug fixes and improvements. 1.11 is strongly recommended for all POD Go owners. Please read the install instructions carefully!
    I don’t think the hyperlink is going to the right place. Thanks though. The copied text takes me to the right page. 
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @bloodandtears so...yeh this was pretty quick to set up as I had worked on this preset on the Hx stomp in the morning so just replicated it.

The mix only has processing on the master, so individual guitar tracks I never eq or anything.

There's a couple harmonies added for effect.

I can't recall scenery inspired, some of that would have been accompanied tracks!
    Yeah this often the issue with these showcase type clips.. Between double tracking, mix down mastering, and YouTube squishing it's hard to determine the underlying tone.

Sounds awesome in that mix though. Very eric Johnson.. Love it. The backing track is class too. 

I noticed elsewhere that you sell patches? 
    My trading feedback

Upgraded to 1.11 no problems.  :)
  • Oh for God's sake, I only upgraded to 1.10 this afternoon. Could you not have posted that a few hours earlier?!  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom