Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Do you mean Kemper capture? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:
    Do you mean Kemper capture? 
    Yeah yeah, Kemper. Neural QC has it's own neural capture functionality, where it can capture your rig, ala Kemper.

Bye!

• uberscottuberscott Frets: 130
    Interesting A/B between a 5150 and its capture from Simon Grove. Great to see pretty much instant scene switching too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJf0u4uAELQ/

I asked Doug (Neural CEO) about options for IEM - he confirmed that I could have guitar and vocals being independently processed through the QC, plus a stereo band mix coming back in via the FX return ports - and have individual level control of all three going into the headphone outputs. Hook that up to a dual guitar/IEM cable, and that’s a pretty nice live setup!
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    uberscott said:
    Interesting A/B between a 5150 and its capture from Simon Grove. Great to see pretty much instant scene switching too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJf0u4uAELQ/

I asked Doug (Neural CEO) about options for IEM - he confirmed that I could have guitar and vocals being independently processed through the QC, plus a stereo band mix coming back in via the FX return ports - and have individual level control of all three going into the headphone outputs. Hook that up to a dual guitar/IEM cable, and that’s a pretty nice live setup!
    That's the kind of use case that would make this potentially worthwhile for me, provided there's enough flexibility for patch switching guitar and vocals independently of each other. 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660
    Quick bass tones from Erik Arko

• The all low gain sounds great. There's something a bit woolly sounding in the all high gain one. Nothing you couldn't EQ out I would guess.

One thing to watch out for when doing those split-band sort of patches is phase cancellation around the crossover frequencies. High quality Linkwitz Riley filters would help avoid that. But that's not something anyone ever really publishes - they just give you a hz value with no real detail about the actual filter design.

Generally sounds pretty nice in the clip though.

Bye!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660
    Yeah, I'm more interested now.

Probably get to the shops in December! :D 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Sounds good, but not ‘must sell me Helix’ good.  The Helix bass updates have been amazing
  • Yeah, I'm more interested now.

By then Kemper 2.0 will be out! :lol: 

Bye!

Yeah, I'm more interested now.

Which December? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So more and more Instagram mets  have posted that they have thier actual units, including  Plini, Aaron from Intervals and Rabea. Should be interesting to see if anyone reviews these units
  • I have one coming my way and plan to review it, although I'm not at the caliber of the other guys. Not sure when that will be... have to get it, learn how to work it, etc. Very excited, as I have an Axe-Fx II - Mark II and would love to compare them. I may sell my II-Mark II and get the FM (with the same gear as the III - Mark II) and compare them thereafter. We'll see.
  • uberscottuberscott Frets: 130
    Embargo on review vids has been lifted today - Rabea is first out of the gate: 

https://youtu.be/8tH2S2n55-k

Pete Thorn’s review is due to come out later today too. 
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    uberscott said:

Sounds really very good to my ears, although I really struggle to watch Rabea as his mouth and jaw move more than his fingers when he plays.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Sounds great, looks great, love the format, and the profiling, but it will take more than that to get me to 'upgrade' from Helix.  5 years of amazing support and a company that really stands by it's product is worth its weight in gold, Neural has a bit to prove in that department before the get my £1500
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    PC_Dave said:
    uberscott said:

Sounds really very good to my ears, although I really struggle to watch Rabea as his mouth and jaw move more than his fingers when he plays.
    I notice this too lol. 

Am unsure whether to put a preorder in. Guitarguitar told me I’d get one if I did. 
  • I'm not hearing anything that blows my Kemper out of the water. Which is kind of a shame. Was hoping for a truly ground breaking thing here.

Bye!

• Also I think it's mildly fucked up that the Youtubers are getting units, when all the people who preordered ages ago are still waiting, and have been left with very little news.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    Also I think it's mildly fucked up that the Youtubers are getting units, when all the people who preordered ages ago are still waiting, and have been left with very little news.
    Yeah, I guess it's the way of the "Influencer" - more important to the company as they get free marketing from it.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
    In all fairness, the Youtube guys pretty much single handedly sell these products for them, especially during a time when you can't go to a shop to demo in person....looks like from Bea's video that he had it for 4 months now, as the release got pushed back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom