Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• PC_Dave said:
    Also I think it's mildly fucked up that the Youtubers are getting units, when all the people who preordered ages ago are still waiting, and have been left with very little news.
    Yeah, I guess it's the way of the "Influencer" - more important to the company as they get free marketing from it.
    HahAHahHAhAHAHhAHHaHAHHAhAhAHA

very much doubt it's free ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Well it'll be the cost of the unit at the very least I suppose. Which will probably be what? 30% of retail cost??

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660

Tom Quayle
    Erik Arko's bass demo

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    PC_Dave said:
    Also I think it's mildly fucked up that the Youtubers are getting units, when all the people who preordered ages ago are still waiting, and have been left with very little news.
    Yeah, I guess it's the way of the "Influencer" - more important to the company as they get free marketing from it.

You know what I mean, don't be so condescending. Rabea's the one that has to spend the time making the video, editing it, getting it approved and publishing it. Neural just sit back and let him and the others on Social Media do the work for them.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Pete Thorn's is timed to start at 6pm UK time

• PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:

You know what I mean, don't be so condescending. Rabea's the one that has to spend the time making the video, editing it, getting it approved and publishing it. Neural just sit back and let him and the others on Social Media do the work for them.
    Wasn't intended to be condescending. I guess I was obliquely referencing the fact that, essentially, influencers account for the majority of Neural's marketing budget. So, to be more accurate with my comment...it's not free marketing, it's exactly the marketing that Neural are paying for.

That's why you don't see reviews on channels like Bea's. He doesn't review stuff, he demos it, and I'd guess that's how he makes a significant chunk of his income.
    <space for hire>
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:

Wasn't intended to be condescending. I guess I was obliquely referencing the fact that, essentially, influencers account for the majority of Neural's marketing budget. So, to be more accurate with my comment...it's not free marketing, it's exactly the marketing that Neural are paying for.

That's why you don't see reviews on channels like Bea's. He doesn't review stuff, he demos it, and I'd guess that's how he makes a significant chunk of his income.
    Does anyone review gear any more?
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @Jetfire I do...but it's not really worth it if you want to have a good relationship with all of the companies?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:

How is that different to any other advertising agency?
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:

It's a lot cheaper, guaranteed target audience etc etc  Do you know many advertising agencies that play guitar?
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:

It's a lot cheaper, guaranteed target audience etc etc  Do you know many advertising agencies that play guitar?
    Agencies get paid to properly target the right audience. That is the entire point of their existence.
    I don't know any advertising agencies that drive F1 cars but the agencies manage to advertise the sport anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:

Agencies get paid to properly target the right audience. That is the entire point of their existence.
    I don't know any advertising agencies that drive F1 cars but the agencies manage to advertise the sport anyway.
    Nevermind.... You're right as always
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:

No, because that's much less valuable to the manufacturer than a demo, unless they can guarantee the outcome of the review, which is almost impossible in today's YouTube climate; YouTubers are far more accountable to their audience nowadays compared with magazines and the like.
    <space for hire>
    Jetfire said:

No, because that's much less valuable to the manufacturer than a demo, unless they can guarantee the outcome of the review, which is almost impossible in today's YouTube climate; YouTubers are far more accountable to their audience nowadays compared with magazines and the like.
    Yup, it's left for the audience to make thier minds up. I guess it's a shame because shit products won't get any videos etc made meaning its conspicuous by its absence...

Or some great gear won't get reviewed because reasons. 
    Jetfire said:
    Jetfire said:

Yup, it's left for the audience to make thier minds up. I guess it's a shame because shit products won't get any videos etc made meaning its conspicuous by its absence...

Or some great gear won't get reviewed because reasons. 
    The BassTheWorld youtube channel won't do Mark Bass products.
    No idea why - it's not a quality issue, but apparently there was something that happened several years ago.
    So just watched Rabeas video and it does sound nice and its a smaller footprint ... but not sure if its all that an a bag of chips. It can do the tone/note  generation thing which he loves but the Helix can do that too.

One thing that would annoy me is that order to see what setting a particular block has, you have to click on it for another window to pop open. So, say you're setting up a snapshot..sorry.. scene.. and you want to flick back and forth to get a level for your gain on your tube screamer. With the helix, you select the block and then flick between the snapshots and the gain changes.  With the NQC, if Im right, you select your scene, select the pedal, set your drive, press done, select the other scene, select that block and then open the settings and press done when finished?  
    Scrap that, Tom's video explains it better
  • Watching some of the videos, I'm starting to warm to it.

For me, it will live and die on how well it nerdural captures real rigs.

Bye!

• That Tom Quayle video has piqued my interest. To have a device that can capture the soul of my old Yamaha amp and a couple of my pedals, and have effects and ( potentially ) have the easy to edit on screen as a helix looks good.