Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I need to listen to it via decent speakers but isn't THAT different from what you can hear from the other units on the market. However, I would be interested to see if it does any better via a proper cab
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24319
    I like it, but it's not worth me chopping in my Helix for it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I like it, but it's not worth me chopping in my Helix for it.

Agreed. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

I mixed it up with that Darkglass Adam and was thinking it was pretty damned amazing for £500, when they said £1500 I realised it was not for me.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Lost me by ‘its the iMac Pro of modelling’ - translates to: easy to use, looks slick, if it breaks you’re knackered and will be obsolete in a couple of years.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Lost me by ‘its the iMac Pro of modelling’ - translates to: easy to use, looks slick, if it breaks you’re knackered and will be obsolete in a couple of years.
    You forgot ‘overpriced, better alternatives already on the market and created by a company with questionable attitude to customers’. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lost me by ‘its the iMac Pro of modelling’ - translates to: easy to use, looks slick, if it breaks you’re knackered and will be obsolete in a couple of years.
    Kemper has been going for 10 years. Helix for 5.

'Obsolete' for music gear is bollocks. If you like the sound today, you'll still like it tomorrow when something new is in the shops.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

'Obsolete' for music gear is bollocks. If you like the sound today, you'll still like it tomorrow when something new is in the shops.
    That being said - Darkglass have a habit of doing the Thing, then a Simplified Thing, then an Ultra Thing, then The original Thing and the Ultra Thing in different finishes.

I hope they don't do that sort of bollocks for this.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

The strat being a fine example.. 
  • Lost me by ‘its the iMac Pro of modelling’ - translates to: easy to use, looks slick, if it breaks you’re knackered and will be obsolete in a couple of years.

That being said - Darkglass have a habit of doing the Thing, then a Simplified Thing, then an Ultra Thing, then The original Thing and the Ultra Thing in different finishes.

I hope they don't do that sort of bollocks for this.
    Can see it now, Neural Quad Ultra X with EQ sliders. Also first point taken, I was being glib and will have a chat with myself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sounds ok but i am going to stick with my old axe fx 2 unit
  • Has anybody bought one yet? They are out aren’t they?  :o
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    Has anybody bought one yet? They are out aren’t they?  :o
    Not out yet.

BTW - Pete Thorn has just received his demo unit.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Watched the andertons vid. It seemed very rushed and so actually gave a good idea of stock sounds. Sounded ok. I was expecting earth-shattering game changer given all the hype. Like i felt when i heard their Plini plugin, which i now use a lot. 
    I like the rotating stomp switches. Great idea. The hardware looks an excellent piece of design. Not sure the software is worth the massive price tag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 128
    Another digital piece of digital rubbish that will probably go for Eu 300 in a few years time. This gizmo is the same as owning an automatic geared Toyota Vitz which will be meaningless too.
    Go for analogue and think MG Midget meets Triumph Spitfire. This is just a computer with guitar plugins only without the mouse and keyboard!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just this thread sharing about Neural’s communication and customer service means I’ll never touch one. I’m not a Helix fan boy (but I do have an hx stomp) and from what I’ve seen of Line 6 customer service since Helix was released I’d be happier sticking with them regardless of how good the neural thing is whenever it eventually gets released. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    adamino said:
    Another digital piece of digital rubbish that will probably go for Eu 300 in a few years time. This gizmo is the same as owning an automatic geared Toyota Vitz which will be meaningless too.
    Go for analogue and think MG Midget meets Triumph Spitfire. This is just a computer with guitar plugins only without the mouse and keyboard!
    Yes I know what you mean.  I'm sick of all those 5 year old Helix floor units priced at 300 Euros cluttering up all the used gear ads everywhere.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    adamino said:
    You know the Kemper is now 10 years old and is a favourite of touring musicians?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    adamino said:
    You know the Kemper is now 10 years old and is a favourite of touring musicians?

There are enough people still using the 20 year old POD2.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited December 2020
    For me it's simple - if the Neural Capture is miles better than the (edit: Kemper), I will buy one.

But nothing about the user interface or the hardware really turns me on to be frank. I don't look at it and think "oooooo sexy" .... 

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom