Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    edited February 2021
    JohnCordy said:
    @smudge_lad I think they were saying the snapshot transitions weren't seamless, but Neural are saying that's fixed in the firmware now?
    I watched the Paul David's video, and I thought he was showing the delay between patches, as opposed to the snapshot transition. I could be wrong though, I wasn't paying 100% attention
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordy said:
    @smudge_lad I think they were saying the snapshot transitions weren't seamless, but Neural are saying that's fixed in the firmware now?
    I watched the Paul David's video, and I thought he was showing the delay between patches, as opposed to the snapshot transition. I could be wrong though, I wasn't paying 100% attention
    The issue with ‘scene’ changes was there were audible clicks. It’s mentioned earlier in the thread. Neural are saying they have now fixed the issue.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24280
    JohnCordy said:
    The issue with ‘scene’ changes was there were audible clicks. It’s mentioned earlier in the thread. Neural are saying they have now fixed the issue.
    Be good to see a demo of that fix.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    FarleyUK said:
    I'm kinda relieved to see Neural are still acting in a pretty dickish and unprofessional manner. That's a big reason I cancelled my pre-order for this (along with the lack of feedback, questionable 'reviews', lack of transparency, lack of answers to major questions, major 'promised' functions and modules missing on launch, CEO acting in a completely unprofessional manner towards people on TGP etc.).

Just seems like you're setting yourself up for a fall if you jump on the bandwagon right at the start with this. Give it a year or two, and it'll either be amazing, or there will be much better products available (and who's not to say the FM3 / Kemper / Helix isn't going to be 'better' than the QC anyway...?).
    Totally agree - Much as something new and shiny is tempting, especially with the profiling function and the smaller format, Line 6 have built up so much confidence with the way they have supported Helix for 6 years now, Neural need to do something to inspire confidence that they will do the same and not do an eleven rack and fail to support what looks to be a promising product.  Given the way they have carried on so far it'll take at least a year or two to convince me by which time Helix 2 may well be here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    What I've noticed is that normally with YouTube reviews they normally go like this:
    • Bait Title VS KEMPER caps or GAME CHANGER
    • Unboxing/snappy intro
    • Tonez
    • Great product/nice/built/nice/great/product
    • Token criticism (minor, don't want to offend)  Little heavy type gripe
    • Tones
    • "So, is it better than...., well...." insert vague not yes, not no.  Want to keep every company happy.  it never a real answer
    • You decide in comments, like sub etc...
    I love channels like Rhett, Paul, RJ etc... but they are all very guilty of this.  However I understand that is business and I'm not mad about it.

However.... with the Neural it was different.  Most reviews I have seen were verrrry non committal. There were more criticisms than I've ever seen from a sponsored/sent product review.  I'd put good money that we don't see this product used in a few months by any of them.  The best compliments I have seen is that it isn't worse than the Kemper.  Great.  But you don't fix what isn't broken.

Special mention to the twisty knob/footswitches.  They are epic looking to be fair
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I like the idea of the footswitches - BUT I also don't want to touch anything my feet have been on if I've just gone for a piss in a pub toilet that's half an inch deep in piss.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I like the idea of the footswitches - BUT I also don't want to touch anything my feet have been on if I've just gone for a piss in a pub toilet that's half an inch deep in piss.
    Then a quick bag of crisps at half-time! 

Hadn't actually thought of that, but it's a good point
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    *Laughs in Bedroom guitarist* 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bluesboy82Bluesboy82 Frets: 11
    edited February 2021
    Never leave for a gig without them.

Shoedoms
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited February 2021
    Looks like Fractal has taken note of  the QC release and have started dropping hints of a forthcoming release of firmware that moves on from current ARES algorithm to CYGNUS? Very little detail but the fanbois are swooning none the less.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ares-is-over.169750/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/kemper-user-here-who-just-got-an-fm3-blown-away.169739/post-2039740

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10222
    Never leave for a gig without them.

Shoedoms
    That's not a thing...is it??

exocet said:
    Looks like Fractal has taken note of  the QC release and have started dropping hints of a forthcoming release of firmware that moves on from current ARES algorithm to CYGNUS? Very little detail but the fanbois are swooning none the less.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ares-is-over.169750/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/kemper-user-here-who-just-got-an-fm3-blown-away.169739/post-2039740

I think Cunnilingis is going be a big hit. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Fractal are working on a ‘chug’ update for AFX as well personally, I’m not bothered, but it seems the QC has at least lit a fire under Cliff and also the guys at Kemper. 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    FarleyUK said:
    Fractal are working on a ‘chug’ update for AFX as well personally, I’m not bothered, but it seems the QC has at least lit a fire under Cliff and also the guys at Kemper. 
    I think Chug and Cygnus are one in the same i.e Cygnus gives you more chug......
  • exocet said:
    FarleyUK said:
    I think Chug and Cygnus are one in the same i.e Cygnus gives you more chug......
    Yeah it sounds like they are one and the same. I guess they were always working on this update, they have just chose to drop a few teasers about it now as the hype for the QC is starting to grow.
    Has anyone done a vid yet with the "updated" firmware that Doug claims has solved the dropouts?

Well, it's whether they expect their reviewers to do it, and whether they can be bothered. It's their responsibility really isn't it. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Rabea has done an updated video “As it wasn’t a fair comparison, because I didn’t use the refine feature on the Kemper profiler”

Fair play to Rabea for redoing it, I give him that.  Holds his hands up and redoes, fair play
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rabea's video is basically the only one worth watching right now IMHO.

QC has better palm mutes on the high-gain. The Kemper has the overall "tone" in terms of the way it sounds, but the palm mutes don't seem as good on the Kemper. And that's the area I've always been annoyed by.

The "wooly" and "cloudy" observations with the Kemper is something I have brought up for years too. It's like the Kemper doesn't quite respond to palm-mutes in the same way as a real amp. The QC sounds much closer and "real" than the Kemper.

I love my Kemper still though! Hopefully Kemper can do a firmware update in the future that fixes this. I'd love that because I'm not mad keen on the form factor of the Quad Cortex.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom