Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6903
    Fractal Audio have just increased the AxeFX by 100 dollars , there’s a shortage of chips, so prices have gone up and end users have to pay extra. This will continue for a year, so this might not be the last increase.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    Chippagedon strikes again. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Do the footswitches have light rings around them?
    No they have a light above the switch. 
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndo6t59u3jkrout/rough and ready dual bass rig.mp3?dl=0

Rough and ready bass patch. Clean amp and a dirty amp with a RAT in front of it. Blended together.

@fretmeister

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    Andertons did a comparison video and found it impossible to tell the difference.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    Andertons did a comparison video and found it impossible to tell the difference.
    Of course they did.

Just how every amp is tEh bEsTeSt tHiNg EVARRRRRRR when they review them.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust any reviewer on YouTube nowadays; they either have a vested interest (such as selling the units) or have a sponsorship (so therefore cannot say anything negative) or are potentially paid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2021
    I like the Quad Cortex a lot but I’ve decided to sell mine. I had a chance to get an Axe 3 at a great price and I loved the FM3 so I’ve gone with that. 

I’ve tried it, it’s great, and easy to use but definitely not the finished package. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it to see how it pans out in the future. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Andertons did a comparison video and found it impossible to tell the difference.
    The QC isn't like the Kemper.

With the Kemper, differences in profiling can massively change from setup to setup. Some profiles end up with more fizz, others end up with not enough low-end, others end up with too much. Very refinement dependent. And the palm-mute response is ALWAYS different to the real amp. Cloudier and fuzzier - less punchy.

With the QC, the one thing I've noticed is that some super high frequencies often get rolled off in the capture. That's it. The palm mute response is dead on to the real amp.

Bye!

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited June 2021
    If I had the choice between AxeIII and the QC, I'd go QC. But if I had the choice between AxeIII and Kemper or Helix, I'd go AxeIII.

QC for speed, and instant gratification. AxeIII for the super bollocks in-depth stuff.

Still not made my mind up what I'm going to do with the Kemper and Helix.

Bye!

• Come to think of it.... <gulp> .... I could sell my Helix and Kemper and get an Axe III... this did not occur to me previously.....

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Come to think of it.... <gulp> .... I could sell my Helix and Kemper and get an Axe III... this did not occur to me previously.....
    Swap you your QC and Kemper for the Axe FX3 and FC12... ;)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24470
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndo6t59u3jkrout/rough and ready dual bass rig.mp3?dl=0

Rough and ready bass patch. Clean amp and a dirty amp with a RAT in front of it. Blended together.

@fretmeister
    Not bad at all!

Apart from the audible left handedness obviously!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Come to think of it.... <gulp> .... I could sell my Helix and Kemper and get an Axe III... this did not occur to me previously.....
    Swap you your QC and Kemper for the Axe FX3 and FC12... ;)
    hardy har har!

Kemper + Remote + some cash???

Bye!

Interesting...
  • @FarleyUK ;
    What's the TLDR??

Bye!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:
    Of course they did.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust any reviewer on YouTube nowadays; they either have a vested interest (such as selling the units) or have a sponsorship (so therefore cannot say anything negative) or are potentially paid.

Have you watched the video?

I think they were actually mildly pissed off they got it wrong as they generally are a "Valve is best" type of a channel and if you look at Rabea and DP they have sig amps with Victory so not really incentivised to say a capture is as good as the amp.

Andertons are quite good for a shop at saying they don't like things occasionally although generally I think they just don't feature stuff they aren't going to gush over.
    Hey buy this amazing thing that means you’ll buy our amps and capture them and return them at great cost to us!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    FarleyUK said:
    Of course they did.

Have you watched the video?

I think they were actually mildly pissed off they got it wrong as they generally are a "Valve is best" type of a channel and if you look at Rabea and DP they have sig amps with Victory so not really incentivised to say a capture is as good as the amp.

Andertons are quite good for a shop at saying they don't like things occasionally although generally I think they just don't feature stuff they aren't going to gush over.
    Citation needed for them disliking something
    @FarleyUK ;
    What's the TLDR??
    He's not overkeen; in summary "As a modeller - it's not even as good as their plugins". He liked the capture and profiling though.