Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Love the Les Paul and the last one.
    Very nice. 

Still surprising to see how small it is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

Still surprising to see how small it is. 
    Thats what she said
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Sounds very good
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    FarleyUK said:
    Demo is up.... tonez!!!!

https://youtu.be/GVefWk4qZjU
    Sounds awesome here, I especially like those high gain EVH-esque tones Kiko is getting!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Yeah, that video has given me a bit of confidence in the product - can’t wait to get mine. 

The Kemper forum has turned rather salty on it now as well, saying it’s unusable at a gig because of the floor design and rotary switches.

.... or you could always use the iPad / phone editor?
  • FarleyUK said:
    Yeah, that video has given me a bit of confidence in the product - can’t wait to get mine. 

The Kemper forum has turned rather salty on it now as well, saying it’s unusable at a gig because of the floor design and rotary switches.

.... or you could always use the iPad / phone editor?
    I like my Kemper. It isn't going anywhere. Modeller users can be a bit salty because they want to believe that their high-ticket product that they invested multiple months worth of paychecks into is the be-all and end-all.

But none of it is and none of it will be. A valve amp and a tubescreamer isn't the be-all and end-all. The Randy Quaid Cortez won't be either. The world will keep spinning and we'll keep buying muso products, because that's who be we.

And Wazmeister will still continue to sell it all a few months later :)

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
    Does anyone know when UK pre-orders start?
    Bungle1 said:
    Does anyone know when UK pre-orders start?
    From Andertons and GuitarGuitar? No idea, but should be shipping late November, as us backers get ours mid-November. 

So I’d expect end of this month?
    Glad I didn't go with Andertons now, and kept my Tier 2 pre-order...:

Quad Cortex virtual device list update & global dealer shipment delay.

Our updated device list contains all of the virtual devices we are working on. Devices that are crossed out are devices currently in development that may or may not make it for launch. Any devices that don’t make it will be added in a free update soon after launch. All other devices listed are available on Quad Cortex.

We will continue to add virtual devices in free updates after launch, extending beyond the devices we have listed here. We will follow up with the full factory Capture list soon, but we expect to launch Quad Cortex with 200+ Captures. These will not consume the 256 slots allocated for user Captures.

It is with great regret we must announce a delay in our first round of dealer shipments. Despite extraordinary efforts, we can no longer guarantee stock in time for the planned release of November 27th.

Dealers have been encouraged to open their Quad Cortex presale beginning November 10th instead of October 27th as originally intended - at their discretion.

We still anticipate fulfilment of most orders before the Christmas holiday, however, some dealers will not see their complete order until January.

Our priority is still ensuring that tier 1 & tier 2 pre-order customers receive their Quad Cortex with no further delay. We are working our hardest to deliver tier 1 & tier 2 pre-order units by late November.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have pre-ordered from a dealer, you should direct any questions regarding your pre-order status to them.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Hadn't seen the list of models. 
    d-cell made me giggle. 
    Decent list though . Looks quite "heavy" orientated amongst the have to have classics 
    More bad news -

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads%2Fneural-dsp-quad-cortex.2110791%2Fpage-228

in a nutshell -

-  No global EQ
    - Cannot assign functions to foot switches (!!!!)
    - Footswitches cannot be assigned different settings per preset (!!?!?!?!?!)
    - Mobile app will NOT be an editor

Seems a massive let down IMO, especially not being able to assign functions to foot switches. My excitement has just been dampened drastically. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    sgosden said:
    Hadn't seen the list of models. 
    d-cell made me giggle. 
    Decent list though . Looks quite "heavy" orientated amongst the have to have classics 
    The "Chief SD-1" had me laughing.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    FarleyUK said:
    More bad news -

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads%2Fneural-dsp-quad-cortex.2110791%2Fpage-228

in a nutshell -

-  No global EQ

Seems a massive let down IMO, especially not being able to assign functions to foot switches. My excitement has just been dampened drastically. 
    If it sounds great out of the box, they'll have those things sorted pretty soon I reckon....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    More bad news -

in a nutshell -

-  No global EQ

Cannot assign CUSTOM functions to footswitches.
    What that means exactly is not clear. What are the standard functions?

Does the "Footswitches cannot be assigned different... per preset" mean within a preset or across presets? One is more of a problem than the other.

I'd like a better explanation. They haven't been very good at that.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10225
    edited October 2020
    It sounds decent on there, and the signal flow looks awesome but I feel like I've found the best floordboard in the FM3. For me, it doesn't matter what these demos sound like. I need to hear it in the room through my power amp and cab. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jetfire said:
    FarleyUK said:
    More bad news -

in a nutshell -

-  No global EQ

If it sounds great out of the box, they'll have those things sorted pretty soon I reckon....
    I really hope so, or it’s going to be useless live. 

....assuming live gigs happen again!
    FarleyUK said:
    Jetfire said:
    FarleyUK said:
    More bad news -

in a nutshell -

-  No global EQ

Useless is a bit harsh - it has Scenes.
    FarleyUK said:
    Jetfire said:
    FarleyUK said:
    More bad news -

in a nutshell -

-  No global EQ

Useless is a bit harsh - it has Scenes.
    But you can’t change foot switch functionality... unless I’m misunderstanding how it all works?
    It's not well worded at all.

I know from a user point of view I am spoiled by the Helix as I can pretty much do anything with the footswitches (including control youtube with it!) but saying "Custom" makes me think perhaps there are "Standard" functions - but we don't know what they are. Could just be On/Off in which case that is like going 10 years back in time. Or perhaps the standard functions include some assignment ability but nothing as good as the Helix?

But I do agree - if it sounds 10% better than the other units but the control system cannot do what we have all become used to, then ease of use is going to win for all gigging players.
    I think that’s the key issue here - Neural are pretty bad (terrible, in fact) at clear communication.

It’s all clear as mud right now, and quite frankly it’s pretty frustrating. 

I’m still excited to get it, but let’s just say I won’t be selling the Kemper just yet.