Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    ha hahaha! Good point!

Still - Space Legs! (for some reason I really don't get. It's not COD!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So have Thomann now.

Maybe they are close to shipping a few.
    Still doesn't answer questions about the functions. From what I see the ability to configure things / switches is not as wide ranging as the Helix. That might not matter if there is zero lag between presets rather than just Snapshots / Scenes, but they've already said there is no global EQ
  • So have Thomann now.

Maybe they are close to shipping a few.
    Still doesn't answer questions about the functions. From what I see the ability to configure things / switches is not as wide ranging as the Helix. That might not matter if there is zero lag between presets rather than just Snapshots / Scenes, but they've already said there is no global EQ
    Check the videos - there's certainly about a 300-500ms display lag when switching presets. Not sure about the audio lag.
    <space for hire>
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    I've just been speaking to Neural directly (I expect they hate me by now) about this. I asked is there a guarantee that we will not pay MORE than the retail price; they sent me a link to a blog about free shipping.

Er.... OK then.

I asked again, and added that I get free shipping PLUS loyalty points from Andertons; they said that I get a printed number on the chassis (....) and I get it before the retailers.

That's all well and good, but I will not be paying for that benefit.... right?

What a clusterfuck.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Line 6 are the only ones I've seen actually follow up on those within a reasonable timescale with the Helix, and Digidesign/Avid were the worst back in the days of the Eleven Rack - features promised early on took four or five years to materialise (standalone editor), and they only ever released two feature packs for it in the entire lifecycle of the product, which left most of the bugs still on the table.

Kemper are average-to-OK with it, by all accounts, and Fractal appear to just not make promises so they can stick like glue to their product roadmap.
    You could buy something from BOSS who never say anything, drop a major release out of the blue along with a flurry of hotfixes, and then disappear again for another 8 months!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
    edited October 2020
    FarleyUK said:
    I've just been speaking to Neural directly (I expect they hate me by now) about this. I asked is there a guarantee that we will not pay MORE than the retail price; they sent me a link to a blog about free shipping.

Er.... OK then.

I asked again, and added that I get free shipping PLUS loyalty points from Andertons; they said that I get a printed number on the chassis (....) and I get it before the retailers.

What a clusterfuck.
    Hmmm. Given that I doubt these are going to turn out to be collectors' items, the printed number on the chassis strikes me as totally worthless. That communication sounds very much like spin, and isn't encouraging.

Were I in your position and not in a hurry for it, I'd be tempted to just cancel the preorder for a refund (assuming the exchange rate doesn't screw you as much as the price difference) and wait until they're available and the first few hotfixes are out.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:

Er.... OK then.

What a clusterfuck.
    Hmmm. Given that I doubt these are going to turn out to be collectors' items, the printed number on the chassis strikes me as totally worthless. That communication sounds very much like spin, and isn't encouraging.

Were I in your position and not in a hurry for it, I'd be tempted to just cancel the preorder for a refund (assuming the exchange rate doesn't screw you as much as the price difference) and wait until they're available and the first few hotfixes are out.
    But..... SHINY NEW TOY!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean though. Part of me thinks it's worth just waiting.... but the other part thinks that it would be awesome to try out, and if it's naff I can always sell it / return it.

That part of me is just stubborn though, as I've been looking forward to it for almost 12 months now....!!
  • FarleyUK said:

That part of me is just stubborn though, as I've been looking forward to it for almost 12 months now....!!
    Yeah...I'm stubborn too, but my "punish poor service" gland is somewhat overactive and can override pretty much any normal behaviour.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If v1 sucks then you'll lose a massive amount selling it.

You'd be better getting it from a UK shop so you have the consumer protection stuff and can give it a good try at home and send it back if it's shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    If v1 sucks then you'll lose a massive amount selling it.

You'd be better getting it from a UK shop so you have the consumer protection stuff and can give it a good try at home and send it back if it's shit.
    Yeah; just speaking to Andertons. Basically, even though they get stock on the 10th December, you won't get it until around the 15th.

Also directly messaged Doug Castro (head of Darkglass and Neural) to clarify it; if they can't clarify things, I'm going with Andertons.

Seriously, buying a product shouldn't be this much of a bloody headache.
    edited October 2020
    *AHEM*

For some reason, I thought the total cost was €1,699.... when Dan at NDSP confirmed to me just now it's actually €1,599. That means, going on the exchange rate of the deposit back in January, I'll be paying £1,450 in total.

Phew!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    So a pre order is £1,449 ...
    Jetfire said:
    So a pre order is £1,449 ...
    Yep, same price as Andertons.
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @FarleyUK thanks for putting in the work to actually get these questions answered!!!
  • Get it from a UK store. Try it out if its crap then send it back 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Such a shame. I had no idea Darkglass were behind this. With Line 6 having masses of funding, I'm glad I've stuck with them. I hope the guys who put faith in this product get an ace outcome. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

You've potentially all seen this already but a brief snippet of the capture function
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    Anyone else ordered one of these yet? Really looks interesting. 
  • Our other guitarist has ordered one. Will be interesting to A/B Neural Capture with my Kemper!

Bye!