Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    FarleyUK said:
    Kemper does that....

No idea if it's on the QC though. It's now looking like there is going to be another delay, and we won't see it until 2021. Bit of a shitshow with their marketing & communications...!
    Where does it say that?
    Basically what @uberscott said. That, plus the complete radio silence from NDSP - when these things are supposed to be shipped in the next few days - coupled with all the details about missing features etc..... I'm reading between the lines, but I'm expecting yet another last minute "Soz, delayed again lolz" blog post Friday.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm less worried about global blocks and more worried about having selectable default settings and selectable favourites so I can have my own little blocks library that are all my sounds. And then create my presets from that as I go.
    I wish Helix did that.

I have a patch that I save my favourites in but it's a hassle to then copy and paste them.
    It would be good. I put those two requests into their Ideascale a year or so ago!
    That is an awesome idea. I also have a patch that I end up copying over and over as I like the way I have the amp and can dialled in... along with a couple of fox. Selecting a building block, with my settings would be a better work flow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    edited November 2020
    I'm really surprised Line6 haven't done that yet. I'm sure I remember having that feature on my GT-5 back in the late 90s! Pretty sure the Headrush boards do it too
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • Trude said:
    To be honest, it mystifies me that global effect blocks aren't a standard feature in all MFX units these days. The GT1000 almost nails it, but where it falls down is getting quick access to the effect settings you want to tweak. Mind you, there have been a few updates since I last tried one, so this might have been improved
    Id like sub-patches. Treat a partial patch as something you can embed inside other patches such that if you modify he master instance of the subpatch it changes all patches containing it. Sort of like global blocks but not global. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    I'm less worried about global blocks and more worried about having selectable default settings and selectable favourites so I can have my own little blocks library that are all my sounds. And then create my presets from that as I go.
    I wish Helix did that.

I have a patch that I save my favourites in but it's a hassle to then copy and paste them.
    AIUI a mechanism to set defaults and store/recall favourites is in the next Helix release (3.0)
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoon said:
    I'm less worried about global blocks and more worried about having selectable default settings and selectable favourites so I can have my own little blocks library that are all my sounds. And then create my presets from that as I go.
    I wish Helix did that.

AIUI a mechanism to set defaults and store/recall favourites is in the next Helix release (3.0)
    Who has told you that???

Bye!

edited November 2020
    siremoon said:
    I wish Helix did that.

Who has told you that???
    No-one, I just made it up in an attempt to boost my fret count and it would be a truly remarkable co-incidence if it did turn out to be in 3.0.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoon said:
    siremoon said:
    I wish Helix did that.

Who has told you that???
    No-one, I just made it up in an attempt to boost my fret count and it would be a truly remarkable co-incidence if it did turn out to be in 3.0.
    Oh. Okay then. You got me excited for a moment there.

Bye!

edited November 2020
    siremoon said:
    siremoon said:
    I wish Helix did that.

Who has told you that???

Ok time to fess up.  I thought the wording and three question marks meant you thought I was talking crap hence my response was a not very subtle mix of sarcasm vaguely dressed up as humour which I thought everyone would see through.  It appears not and I apologise for misreading your intent. 

So let's start again.  Favourites is a feature in 3.0 and I know because it has been discussed elsewhere by normally very reliable sources who have the inside track on what Line 6 is doing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    siremoon said:
    siremoon said:
    siremoon said:
    I wish Helix did that.

Who has told you that???

Ok time to fess up.  I thought the wording and three question marks meant you thought I was talking crap hence my response was a not very subtle mix of sarcasm vaguely dressed up as humour which I thought everyone would see through.  It appears not and I apologise for misreading your intent. 

So let's start again.  Favourites is a feature in 3.0 and I know because it has been discussed elsewhere by normally very reliable sources who have the inside track on what Line 6 is doing.
    Yeah, I took Drews post as genuine excitement rather than shit posting 
  • No no, it was shit posting. But I can't tell you why ;)

Bye!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Phew, business as normal 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
    The Plug Ins are great, they sound amazing and if they can put it in a box that works with great reliability, they'll win this modeller race prob
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eoinzy said:
    What's the reason people want this thing so bad?
    - plugin rep
    - profiling
    - form factor

I don't get the hype to the extent of what it is? The UI reminds me of a science periodic table. Also this is their first venture into hardware. Are we expecting it to be perfect out the box and have great firmware support.
    For me, I simply want to know if their neural capture feature can do a big doo-doo all over the Kemper for accuracy, particularly low-end. If it can then this will not only spur Kemper on to make some improvements (of which I'm sure they're working on it, gotta be... makes no sense to not be exploring the latest and greatest neural network capture methods) but it will light a fire under the arses of everyone else too.

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    eoinzy said:
    - plugin rep
    - profiling
    - form factor

I don't get the hype to the extent of what it is? The UI reminds me of a science periodic table. Also this is their first venture into hardware. Are we expecting it to be perfect out the box and have great firmware support.
    The reasons I've pre-ordered one are:

- Superb sounding plugins, so they have a great track record of 'amp emulation'
    - Form factor; going to be great for when / if I'm travelling for gigs again
    - Benefits of the Kemper, and possibly even better with regards to capture technology
    - SHINY NEW TOY

However - as I've mentioned several times - Neural as a company are quickly losing my trust with the lack of details etc.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    including control youtube with it!
    Say what now?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24329
    ennspek said:
    including control youtube with it!
    Say what now?
    Plug helix into PC. Fire up YouTube.
    On helix go into the present other list. You’ll find the YouTube controls so you can control YouTube without taking your hands off the guitar.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24329
    edited November 2020

eoinzy said:
    - plugin rep
    - profiling
    - form factor

It’s not really their first hardware. Same people as Darkglass. 

And the UI has been around for 5 years on Helix. 
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    I love the look and how practical and portable something like this would be ..but worried about the learning curve ...I'm miles behind in this kind of thing