I’ve been on this bloody thing for 20 years.

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4935

I believe Bertie had a beautiful "evo" LP type, and there was the Jr type that he made as a Gasfest raffle prize

That's the one that Tigger won in Bristol.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4053
    Danny1969 said:
    @Grunfeld ; I have a recording somewhere of a cover of Brick in the Wall you sung on for me. Back in the Intermusic days there was a lot more collaborations and jams over BT's.
    I remember doing that!  I quite liked my version but Goji aced it!  I was envious but in a good way!

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10491
    Grunfeld said:
    Danny1969 said:
    @Grunfeld ; I have a recording somewhere of a cover of Brick in the Wall you sung on for me. Back in the Intermusic days there was a lot more collaborations and jams over BT's.
    I remember doing that!  I quite liked my version but Goji aced it!  I was envious but in a good way!

What was that song you wrote about nicking stuff from work ? that was class !
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4053
    Danny1969 said:

What was that song you wrote about nicking stuff from work ? that was class !
    I know the one! Lost it.  But I remember doing it cos Bill Jehle from those forums had all his cigar box guitar builds -- the photos and copy -- cloned from his online shop and the scammer set up a fake shop on ebay.  Bill wrote a song about being pissed off and I nicked/ sampled his beats and playing and talked bollox about nicking stuff from the office!  Fun times :)
    Bill brought a bottle of Alabama moonshine over to GasFest which I won in the raffle.  Lethal.  Happy days indeed! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    RedRabbit said:
    cruxiform said:
    RedRabbit said:
    boogieman said:
    That thread was hilarious, we haven’t had one of them for a while. Remember Cryaby? 
    Who was the real nut job? Was it Total War? 

Lord of the Stance too, remember  his dodgy band promo photo? 
    Was Total War ex-military and into body building?  I remember him being a really nice guy rather than a nut job.
    Total War was ex military and a top bloke. I joined in 2002, didn't post too much but loved the range of people who were on there. Funny moments for me were Morphed's obsession with James Went, Huey's public meltdowns (most Friday nights) and the guy who was obsessed with Ratt. Fun times.

James Went was fantastic though as were his band (Ten Men Wide?).  Tried to find some of their music a while back but had no luck.

He's in a band called Raider now - Welsh hair-metal. Hopefully going to see them gig later in the year and meet up again.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    viz said:
    Fretwired said:
    I remember when it was all green fields .. I was here in the early days.

Who remembers Sad Old Man?

Absolutely! And I remember you in them days, I’m pretty sure you were here before me, along with Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    Makes me feel old....joined in my mid-20s!! Those gasfest meet-ups were a lot of fun!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24535
    Who could ever forget our famous international architectural photographer ?  I'll wager he's still scamming people.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10757
    Emp_Fab said:
    Who could ever forget our famous international architectural photographer ?  I'll wager he's still scamming people.
    That was the biggest thing that's happened here I reckon. Very weird and horrible.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 431
    viz said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    That was the biggest thing that's happened here I reckon. Very weird and horrible.
    What's the story here?
  • vizviz Frets: 10757
    Everyone’s too nervous to say. Best not mention it. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.