I’ve been on this bloody thing for 20 years.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

Wasn't amberience one of Drew's early early usernames?

Most of the usernames on here are Drew's early usernames.
    I had one back in the day called frankus, but no-one ever spotted it!!

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27792
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

There's another name from the past.  Long forgotten by most I guess, but a few will still be having the nightmares.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12457
    Does anyone remember TonyTeech?   
    Yup, for all the wrong reasons.  :p
  • vizviz Frets: 10757
    TTony said:
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

There's another name from the past.  Long forgotten by most I guess, but a few will still be having the nightmares.

I thought he was fucking brilliant! Very no nonsense, full of practical info and insight. A genius really. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7395
    boogieman said:
    Does anyone remember TonyTeech?   
    Yup, for all the wrong reasons.  :p
    The names bringing back hazy memories, what did he do? 

I've been on here since about 2005, but it never really occurred to me that I could post as well as read until the fretboard.
    I was on the mx tabs forum before that and would take part in all the improv contests they'd have and stuff. I don't think I've ever actually posted my playing on here however.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    Well if we're going to be maudlin, waddabout Trell, Botters, ThomasRoss20, Overbear, Noisy, amberience, Esther and especially guitar_slinger.

There are loads of newer faces that have added to the forum and shifted it's collective identity too :)
    What was your username back then? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1579
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

May I ask -

Why members have a history of differing usernames (new forums/updates/transfers ?) ?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

May I ask -

Why members have a history of differing usernames (new forums/updates/transfers ?) ?

Including this one and the temporary one that’s a potential four different forums some peeps have been on together. On MusicRadar you could have multiple user names ( verboten on here, I don’t know about on intermusic) so people would have ‘sock puppet’ accounts - not uncommon for someone to have a spoof account just to do a few jokes. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

May I ask -

Including this one and the temporary one that’s a potential four different forums some peeps have been on together. On MusicRadar you could have multiple user names ( verboten on here, I don’t know about on intermusic) so people would have ‘sock puppet’ accounts - not uncommon for someone to have a spoof account just to do a few jokes. 
    Thankyou - and makes sense.

Stupidly, I have been using the same username on virtually any/all my internet use over the last twenty years.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7309
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

May I ask -

I went off my original username. I don't even have the email address associated with it any more. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

May I ask -

I went off my original username. I don't even have the email address associated with it any more. 
    Well it is great vehicle for anonymity. Since I joined here (a mere fifteen months ago after two years' lurking) I have wondered how many members are actually famous or established musicians in mufti.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7309
    TTony said:
    RedRabbit said:

May I ask -

Well it is great vehicle for anonymity. Since I joined here (a mere fifteen months ago after two years' lurking) I have wondered how many members are actually famous or established musicians in mufti.
    Yeah for example I'm Fred Durst.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TimmyO said:
    Well if we're going to be maudlin, waddabout Trell, Botters, ThomasRoss20, Overbear, Noisy, amberience, Esther and especially guitar_slinger.

There are loads of newer faces that have added to the forum and shifted it's collective identity too :)
    I go by many names...
    some call me cthulhu
    others called me sour puss
    some people called me franus, and I could never work out if it was a genuine typo... ;)
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2602
    RedRabbit said:
    boogieman said:
    That thread was hilarious, we haven’t had one of them for a while. Remember Cryaby? 
    Who was the real nut job? Was it Total War? 

Lord of the Stance too, remember  his dodgy band promo photo?  :)
    Was Total War ex-military and into body building?  I remember him being a really nice guy rather than a nut job.
    Total War was ex military and a top bloke. I joined in 2002, didn't post too much but loved the range of people who were on there. Funny moments for me were Morphed's obsession with James Went, Huey's public meltdowns (most Friday nights) and the guy who was obsessed with Ratt. Fun times. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27397
    I'm guessing some folks just go off their childish teenage-years usernames after a while... Ask me how I know! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    cruxiform said:
    RedRabbit said:
    boogieman said:
    That thread was hilarious, we haven’t had one of them for a while. Remember Cryaby? 

Lord of the Stance too, remember  his dodgy band promo photo? 
    Was Total War ex-military and into body building?  I remember him being a really nice guy rather than a nut job.
    Total War was ex military and a top bloke. I joined in 2002, didn't post too much but loved the range of people who were on there. Funny moments for me were Morphed's obsession with James Went, Huey's public meltdowns (most Friday nights) and the guy who was obsessed with Ratt. Fun times.
    I'd forgotten about Morphed! Must have just been a young kid at the time. I wonder if he ever looks back at his time on intermusic and cringes.

James Went was fantastic though as were his band (Ten Men Wide?).  Tried to find some of their music a while back but had no luck.

For the record, I've had the same username since the beginning.  I just don't post much.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    Nice thread @viz, I got involved in the MR days, took to emps lifeboat and washed up here in the earliest of days.
    I've enjoyed many hours reading, conversing and contributing here. More importantly I've attended several events brought about by this place and every time have been treated to some wonderful respectful individuals that frequent(ed) this place. It is my intention to attend some more events in the future - you have been warned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:

I go by many names...
    some call me cthulhu
    others called me sour puss
    some people called me franus, and I could never work out if it was a genuine typo... ;)
    Yeah I thought I recognised the guitar in your avatar. 
    I presume most people haven't  made the connection based on comments re 'missing' members 
    Red ones are better. 
    RedRabbit said:
    cruxiform said:
    RedRabbit said:
    boogieman said:

Lord of the Stance too, remember  his dodgy band promo photo? 
    I'd forgotten about Morphed! Must have just been a young kid at the time. I wonder if he ever looks back at his time on intermusic and cringes.

James Went was fantastic though as were his band (Ten Men Wide?).  Tried to find some of their music a while back but had no luck.

For the record, I've had the same username since the beginning.  I just don't post much.
    James became a  quite well known TV magician.

Not only have I kept my username but I found my original avatar icon and uploaded it here
    Red ones are better. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27792
    May I ask -

Is that the same thing as in their own minds ?

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.