I’ve been on this bloody thing for 20 years.

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15716
    the whole morphed thing was before my time, but I do recall the azza incident, that was brilliant fun. I think about half if us created azza accounts and the trolling got so bad I think most of us ended up trolling each other rather than him. That's what happens when you let a bunch of nerfherders lose on the internet.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11398
    I've been here since MR days. Although I've been out a couple of times since. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7639
    VimFuego said:
    the whole morphed thing was before my time, but I do recall the azza incident, that was brilliant fun. I think about half if us created azza accounts and the trolling got so bad I think most of us ended up trolling each other rather than him. That's what happens when you let a bunch of nerfherders lose on the internet.
    Best moment was when Noisepolluter introduced himself as morphed at a SwinJam - half the room just froze! 
    Red ones are better. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4304
    TimmyO said:
    VimFuego said:
    Best moment was when Noisepolluter introduced himself as morphed at a SwinJam - half the room just froze! 
    I also remember on the coach from hotel to one of the GasFest venues Kenny piping up at a perfect lull in conversation with “Seriously though, I fucking hate guitar music…”
  • I can't remember if I was a member at intermusic or not. I think I was, but I can't remember.

I was a long time poster at the Richard's Guitars forums for a while, can't remember why I jumped ship in the end but I distinctly remember leaving it rather than just tailing off. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I can't remember if I was a member at intermusic or not. I think I was, but I can't remember.

I was a long time poster at the Richard's Guitars forums for a while, can't remember why I jumped ship in the end but I distinctly remember leaving it rather than just tailing off. 
    Richard's got his own forum?! Bet some even handed moderating goes on there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    edited August 2021
    DefaultM said:
    boogieman said:
    Does anyone remember TonyTeech?   
    Yup, for all the wrong reasons.  p
    The names bringing back hazy memories, what did he do? 
    Basically accused me of being a paedophile because I’d restrung a guitar for one of my son’s mates and had actually dared to let him into our house while I did it. (They were both 14 at the time). He then went on to describe how he’d always insisted on having children chaperoned by their parents if he was giving them lessons…. in case he got accused of sexual misconduct, because kids often did that. 

Months later he had a major meltdown, saying jazz and blues music should only be played by “dirt poor black people”. Bit of an odd guy, I did wonder if he had mental issues, although several people PM’d me at the time saying they’d met him in person and he seemed decent enough.  
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15716
    boogieman said:
    DefaultM said:
    boogieman said:
    Basically accused me of being a paedophile because I’d restrung a guitar for one of my son’s mates and had actually dared to let him into our house while I did it. (They were both 14 at the time). He then went on to describe how he’d always insisted on having children chaperoned by their parents if he was giving them lessons…. in case he got accused of sexual misconduct, because kids often did that. 

Months later he had a major meltdown, saying jazz and blues music should only be played by “dirt poor black people”. Bit of an odd guy, I did wonder if he had mental issues, although several people PM’d me at the time saying they’d met him in person and he seemed decent enough.  
    I see him from time to time on some of the folk music FB groups I'm in. He seems a lot less... troubled on there than he did here, this place (or previous incarnations thereof) were clearly not good for him.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    VimFuego said:
    boogieman said:
    DefaultM said:
    boogieman said:

I see him from time to time on some of the folk music FB groups I'm in. He seems a lot less... troubled on there than he did here, this place (or previous incarnations thereof) were clearly not good for him.
    Good to know, he often seemed very angry back then. 
  • RedRabbit said:
    I can't remember if I was a member at intermusic or not. I think I was, but I can't remember.

Richard's got his own forum?! Bet some even handed moderating goes on there.
    This was pushing twenty years ago.

In fairness, it was a good forum and Richard ran it pretty well. At Christmas he used to do all sorts of giveaways, they were very generous. 
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 431
    RedRabbit said:

James Went was fantastic though as were his band (Ten Men Wide?).  Tried to find some of their music a while back but had no luck.
    I still have a Ten Men Wide 5 track CD.
    Lead track 'Willoughby'.
    If theres some way I can send mp3s to you, let me know.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Poboy said:
    RedRabbit said:

James Went was fantastic though as were his band (Ten Men Wide?).  Tried to find some of their music a while back but had no luck.
    I still have a Ten Men Wide 5 track CD.
    Lead track 'Willoughby'.
    If theres some way I can send mp3s to you, let me know.
    That would be awesome.  Willoughby was the track I remembered.

I'll PM you my email address.  Hope James doesn't mind!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4055
    cruxiform said:

Total War was ex military and a top bloke.
    That's the mystery unintelligible northerner who I was trying to remember!  Really strong Geordie accent.  Met him a couple of times.  Agreed, really nice bloke. Well, I think he was -- he could have been calling me all sorts I guess!

@Handsome_Chris -- I got to know Tony Teech quite well back in the day and he's a really nice bloke too irl. 

• Totalwar married Sara didn't he? they've got a beagle IIRC.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24735
    @TotalWar is on here! Just not very active.

I think I joined Intermusic in 2002.

Did a few Gasfests - played with Gojirosan, FinkFloyd, Niallmo, Tom Ross, Clare_Bear, Trell, Timmyo, NickBotfield, Frankus, Jalapeno and others I can't remember right now.

The Gasfests were great fun. I think I did 2 in Bristol and then 1 in Swindon.

This is making me feel old.
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited August 2021
    boogieman said:
    DefaultM said:
    boogieman said:

IIRC, I was described as a racist for not liking Jazz.  I don't mind being called a jazz racist, I find it laughable.  I hope that he's happy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7639
    Totalwar married Sara didn't he? they've got a beagle IIRC.
    That was Krash who Sara/Honeytone married - although it's possible he was both 
    Red ones are better. 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4651
    Not quite 20 years, but I recall being on the Guitarist Magazine (Intermusic) forum in 2005 when the Ashes were on.

And lurking on my hard drive I have a folder called 'Guitarist Forumites' containg a handful of tracks posted by members for folks to download and listen to.  A couple from dot-dot-dot, a few brief snippets from Vox - and one from @Grunfeld ...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27807
    Totalwar married Sara didn't he? they've got a beagle IIRC.
    Odd wedding present.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4055
    Not quite 20 years, but I recall being on the Guitarist Magazine (Intermusic) forum in 2005 when the Ashes were on.

And lurking on my hard drive I have a folder called 'Guitarist Forumites' containg a handful of tracks posted by members for folks to download and listen to.  A couple from dot-dot-dot, a few brief snippets from Vox - and one from @Grunfeld ...

@Jonathangus ;Oooh, anything any good? 
    I stupidly got rid of all my recordings just cos I thought I'd moved on.  Much later I went searching around the web to find where I'd left them!  It's a shame they're all lowish bit rate mp3s.