I’ve been on this bloody thing for 20 years.

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10758
    edited August 2021
    Poboy said:
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:
     Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    Blimey, I remember those names.  And Paulo, he was funny. 
    I was here at least from 2003 cos I met all the above and people like Trell and Bezzer and Goji.  Funnily enough I was thinking about northerners with impenetrable accents the other day and John and Sarah came to mind but I can't remember their forum names.
    And Adrian Clark back then had a side forum, The Collective, and that's what got me into properly picking my guitar up again.

Adrian Clark, he was awesome. A fellow Zappa head. I remember his phenomenal guitar version of Peaches En Regalia. I had that downloaded but lost it... :-(
    Paulo was a cracking player too.
    Where are those guys now?

Paulo’s here occasionally. Yep, he did the famous “I chistled my guitar for you” pic. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That thread was hilarious, we haven’t had one of them for a while. Remember Cryaby? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited August 2021
    viz said:
    Fretwired said:
    I remember when it was all green fields .. I was here in the early days.

Who remembers Sad Old Man?

Absolutely! And I remember you in them days, I’m pretty sure you were here before me, along with Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.

Sad Old Man was a legend .. he'd walk into a shop and spend £5K on a whim on guitars he couldn't play properly. People on here are rank amateurs when it comes to spending on gear. I met him for a beer and bought some gear off him for peanuts that included a Tweed Fender aged Pro Junior (reliced amps never caught on). Nice guy .. rich and bonkers. As I recall he bought a Harley ..

I recall we met at Gasfest .. that was nearly 20 years ago.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    If you die in the forum what happens to you in real life 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27488
    If you die in the forum what happens to you in real life 
    You actually have to go and play your guitars…!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    viz said:
    Poboy said:
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:
     Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    I was here at least from 2003 cos I met all the above and people like Trell and Bezzer and Goji.  Funnily enough I was thinking about northerners with impenetrable accents the other day and John and Sarah came to mind but I can't remember their forum names.
    And Adrian Clark back then had a side forum, The Collective, and that's what got me into properly picking my guitar up again.

Adrian Clark, he was awesome. A fellow Zappa head. I remember his phenomenal guitar version of Peaches En Regalia. I had that downloaded but lost it... :-(

Paulo’s here occasionally. Yep, he did the famous “I chistled my guitar for you” pic. 

Haven't seen him for a while but Paulo was teaching guitar in Stockport.  Had lessons off him for a while and I think it was me he pointed him towards this place after musicradar went down.  For whatever reason he didn't stick around.  Think he missed the Scottish lad (Hugo?).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31036
    When I first started here I was NOS, but now I'm heavily reliced.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    RedRabbit said:
    viz said:
    Poboy said:
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:

Haven't seen him for a while but Paulo was teaching guitar in Stockport.  Had lessons off him for a while and I think it was me he pointed him towards this place after musicradar went down.  For whatever reason he didn't stick around.  Think he missed the Scottish lad (Hugo?).
    Hughie. 
  • I miss sporky and juansolo and jooky. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7640
    If we are doing heyday recollections:

JonEve logging on drunk at 2am to explain how he just lost his virginity (they are married now)

"Ask Bowks"

The London Drinkies where Noisepolluter and Estheroid's eyes met across a dodgy jam night at The Spice Of Life in Soho (they are still together) - also WYNIR0 peed himself at the same event ;-) 

Minkey_monkey - just generally 

Rock_babe and Honeytone who both put up with precisely ZERO crap when they were the only women on the forum 

Guitar-Slinger for being able to take the piss out of everyone without annoying anyone - a rare gift 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Well if we're going to be maudlin, waddabout Trell, Botters, ThomasRoss20, Overbear, Noisy, amberience, Esther and especially guitar_slinger.

There are loads of newer faces that have added to the forum and shifted it's collective identity too :)
    edited August 2021
    That thread was hilarious, we haven’t had one of them for a while. Remember Cryaby? 
    Who was the real nut job? Was it Total War? 

Lord of the Stance too, remember  his dodgy band promo photo?  :)
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4306
    edited August 2021
    boogieman said:
    That thread was hilarious, we haven’t had one of them for a while. Remember Cryaby? 

I seem to recall him basically trying to arrange a fight meet-up with a troll (Azza?) before we knew that trolling was a thing....we just thought they were actually bad people. 

In fact, that's what makes me most nostalgic for those old days...a bunch of twenty and thirty-somethings basically learning how to use the internet! 
    boogieman said:

Was Total War ex-military and into body building?  I remember him being a really nice guy rather than a nut job.
    Well if we're going to be maudlin, waddabout Trell, Botters, ThomasRoss20, Overbear, Noisy, amberience, Esther and especially guitar_slinger.

There are loads of newer faces that have added to the forum and shifted it's collective identity too
    ThomasRoss is on here and pops up now and again.

Wasn't amberience one of Drew's early early usernames?
  • I was on the intermusic forums, but didn't post much. I started posting more when it became the Musicradar forums. Initially I only joined this whole thing to look for band members! Then it all went sideways and after about 28 bannings, I'm still here and it seems you'll never get rid of me.

I remember back in the day, guitar_slinger very kindly drove me to Jon's (I forget his username) house to buy my first valve amp - a Carlsbro PA head which I still have!!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_Slinger got me involved in the IGF stuff,I think I was a bit of a liability but the experience was life-changing for me :) 

Also Red Cabbage - he was a good chap :)
    RedRabbit said:
    boogieman said:

Was Total War ex-military and into body building?  I remember him being a really nice guy rather than a nut job.
    Could be, the ex military bit does ring a bell. I might be getting him mixed up with Azza though now Lewy has mentioned it. I do remember there was some serious needle going on between a couple of members at one time. 
  • Does anyone remember TonyTeech?   
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27809
    RedRabbit said:

Wasn't amberience one of Drew's early early usernames?

Most of the usernames on here are Drew's early usernames.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.