I’ve been on this bloody thing for 20 years.

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10758
    Nitefly said:
    viz said:
    Fretwired said:
    I remember when it was all green fields .. I was here in the early days.

Who remembers Sad Old Man?

Absolutely! And I remember you in them days, I’m pretty sure you were here before me, along with Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    Mmm, I remember all those names from the "Guitarist" iteration of the forum.  It was the mentions in the magazine that brought me to it. 

I missed the tempfab bit though - just kept on logging on to musicradar in the vain (and ultimately dashed hope that they would bring it back to life... I found out about this version when I visited the Oil City Pickups website.

I was Nitefly back then, but became imported_Nitefly for a while - what was that about?

I can remember going to a Northern Gasfest organised by Lixarto in Middlesbrough, and one in Bristol organised by Rockbabe (her last one?).

Was that the one when she got given a Parker Fly?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4939
    edited August 2021
    viz said:

Was that the one when she got given a Parker Fly?
    Sorry I don't remember that, @viz - it must have been at another.  She did organise a few as I recall.  

I do remember @Lewy playing a solo acoustic set in the bar back at the hotel!  

*edit* It was the one where @thomasross20 won a Morgan guitar in the raffle!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Birmingham maybe. I think Tommy was there and maybe even played a satriani solo? That was 2004 or something
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    I’ve been around since the Intermusic days too, although I can’t remember when I signed up. I remember a lot of the names mentioned earlier. (There was also (Philthy?) Phil, of the infamous naked arse picture. :) )  

I missed the Temp Fab thing too, I just kept logging on to Future Music in the vain hope it would kick back into life. Eventually I started googling “what happened to the Guitarist forum?” until this place turned up one day.  
    boogieman said:
    I’ve been around since the Intermusic days too, although I can’t remember when I signed up. I remember a lot of the names mentioned earlier. (There was also (Philthy?) Phil, of the infamous naked arse picture. :) )  

Oh yes and Phil aka pip was there too, he was called MusoPhilR, and there was a thread about what peoples’ real names were, and he said the clue’s in my name, and someone said, what, Sophi? :D
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There was a time when my English wasn't good. Then I found this forum.....and my English came in bounds and leaps.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 431
    viz said:
    Fretwired said:

Absolutely! And I remember you in them days, I’m pretty sure you were here before me, along with Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    Good lord, I remember all those too....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't remember if it was when my daughter was a baby (2001) or my son (2003) when I joined.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28349
    Love this place. I have contributed 11K lols, I think that says something. There is a rumour that I said something useful once as well.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Poboy said:
    viz said:
    Fretwired said:

Absolutely! And I remember you in them days, I’m pretty sure you were here before me, along with Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    When our son was born we gave him the nickname Poboy because his poos were so significant. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    Poboy said:
    viz said:
    Fretwired said:

When our son was born we gave him the nickname Poboy because his poos were so significant. 
    I'm actually welling up here.... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1329
    I've just searched through my mailbox and the earliest email in there was from the Intermusic forum in 2004, so I guess I've been around for 17 years, though I think it may actually be longer. 

I've learnt so much from this place, and I've turned to it many times for help with personal matters as much as guitar-related stuff.  I've only met a couple of people, @strumjoughlamps and @photek I think, and I've done some remote bass and drums session work for @johnswiss during that time (he writes great songs!), as well as many sales and purchases, and everything's been top notch.

All credit to the mods for keeping this place largely civil. It's a great place to be. Seriously.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27807
    Poboy said:
    viz said:
    I'm actually welling up here.... 
    Get yourself off to the little room sharpish then.  Don't leave it too late.

Again.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10496
    I think I've done about 17 years, it was about 2003 when I joined in the Intermusic days,  when it looked like this 

https://web.archive.org/web/20031025201036/http://forum.intermusic.com/

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4682
    Is it that long. I too was on the original Guitarist forum. Can't say my playing has improved much in that time, other than all the old songs I used to play now seem to include secondary dominants and secondary diminished 7ths. 
    I felt old then when I hit 30 now I'm 50. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7639
    VimFuego said:
    oddly enuff, I was wondering who was still here that has done more porridge than me. Think I joined about 03 or thereabouts. Been a bit of a wild ride at times, but no doubt this place has helped me when I was in the darkest of places, and it continues to help me. If only I'd practiced a bit more, I may even have been able to call myself a guitar player.
    Think I joined shortly after you.

I was looking for people to actually get together with and play and was told that it was too difficult to arrange with everyone all over the country - so we did Swinjam #1
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4055
    viz said:
     Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    Blimey, I remember those names.  And Paulo, he was funny. 
    I was here at least from 2003 cos I met all the above and people like Trell and Bezzer and Goji.  Funnily enough I was thinking about northerners with impenetrable accents the other day and John and Sarah came to mind but I can't remember their forum names.
    And Adrian Clark back then had a side forum, The Collective, and that's what got me into properly picking my guitar up again.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27807
    Grunfeld said:

Funnily enough I was thinking about northerners with impenetrable accents the other day 

Scarborists @Grunfeld ?
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:
     Thing and Wyniro and Goji and Bradders and Rockbabe and Foster, Zap / Lixarto, Sporky / dot dot dot, Jason Morris, guitarfreeek, our very own vibetronic, tommyross, huey, lewy, and all that lot. Jeez. I was 31. Lol.
    I was here at least from 2003 cos I met all the above and people like Trell and Bezzer and Goji.  Funnily enough I was thinking about northerners with impenetrable accents the other day and John and Sarah came to mind but I can't remember their forum names.
    And Adrian Clark back then had a side forum, The Collective, and that's what got me into properly picking my guitar up again.

Oh yes I’d forgotten Paulo, he was the guy that used to draw cartoons (I think?) 
    edited August 2021
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:

Adrian Clark, he was awesome. A fellow Zappa head. I remember his phenomenal guitar version of Peaches En Regalia. I had that downloaded but lost it... :-(
    Paulo was a cracking player too.
    Where are those guys now?