The Guitar Show 2023 is moving venue

What's Hot

Comments

• abw1989abw1989 Frets: 643
    Tickets purchased for the band, the drummer is going to love it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    abw1989 said:
    Tickets purchased for the band, the drummer is going to love it!
    Haha. They’ll have the best day
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1543
    Really looking forward to this. Do you have a list of confirmed exhibitors that you can release? Just being nosey!
    tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:
    Really looking forward to this. Do you have a list of confirmed exhibitors that you can release? Just being nosey!

all on the website - https://www.theguitarshow.co.uk/exhibitors/

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1543
    Thank you!
  • dariusdarius Frets: 662
    New venue a bit harder to get to on public transport, old one wasn’t too far from Brum central.  Google says bus and no train station nearby? 
    But since you can’t sort Birmingham’s shite transport system I will be grateful you’ve found a venue at all and get the car out. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    darius said:
    New venue a bit harder to get to on public transport, old one wasn’t too far from Brum central.  Google says bus and no train station nearby? 
    But since you can’t sort Birmingham’s shite transport system I will be grateful you’ve found a venue at all and get the car out. 

At least the car parking is significantly improved this time. I'm glad it hasn't put you off

I have this info on the website

Rail Directions

Solihull Station and Shirley Station are both approximately 2 miles from Cranmore Park, Birmingham International is 8 miles away.

It's not that far, I went to Solihull train station the first time because I'd put in the wrong postcode, it was 1.3 miles

Bus Directions

No. 6 bus leaves Solihull Rail Station at 10-minute intervals to Marshall Lake Road and then an 800-yard walk down Cranmore Road to Cranmore Boulevard. The same bus leaves Birmingham City Centre.

• dariusdarius Frets: 662
    Ok thanks I’ll check it all out. 

And don’t call me Shirley
  • Are there any more names for the live stage?  It seems a little light compared to last year, or is this limited due to the new venue?
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    edited February 2023 tFB Trader

Same as usual 5 per day, one more that I'm hoping to announce this week for Sunday
  • Jason said:

Same as usual 5 per day, one more that I'm hoping to announce this week for Sunday
    Thanks Jason - last year there was an acoustic stage and a 2nd one on the ground floor.  I take it, that these won't be making it to the new venue.

I'm hoping That Pedal Show is one that will be announced....I'm not holding my breath though!
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

Thanks Jason - last year there was an acoustic stage and a 2nd one on the ground floor.  I take it, that these won't be making it to the new venue.

I'm hoping That Pedal Show is one that will be announced....I'm not holding my breath though!

I've never had an acoustic stage, Ortega treated their stand like one tho, maybe it was that?

The Focusrite Masterclass stage is gone, it was just how they wanted to do their stand, much more traditional this time around.

I'll announce ASAP - just awaiting written confirmation
  • Yes, to the Ortega stand.  I assumed it was a general acoustic thing.  There was a young guitarist there who was amazing. And they had a raffle.

Yes, I saw Chris Buck on the Master Class stage.  That was a good show.
    tFB Trader
    Yes, to the Ortega stand.  I assumed it was a general acoustic thing.  There was a young guitarist there who was amazing. And they had a raffle.

Yes, I saw Chris Buck on the Master Class stage.  That was a good show.
    No, it was just Ortega annoying the other exhibitors :-))

Billy Watman probably, he was on the Live Stage too, amazing player.

Chris is on tour this time, he will be back in the future

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1284
    edited February 2023
    Tickets for me and three mates purchased. Looking forward to it!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Rowby1 said:
    Tickets for me and three mates purchased. Looking forward to it!

Thank you

I know I can't really judge against last year, but currently 300% up YOY on advance tickets
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I can now announce that the final acts on the Reverb Live Stage are

Perry from Pendulum

Peter Hook

The website is now updated with times
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1362
    edited February 2023
    Deleted 
  • Jason said:

Perry from Pendulum

Peter Hook

I'm going on the Saturday, because I'm working on Sunday until half 2, so Saturday made more sense.

And now you've only gone and announced that Peter Hook is playing on the Sunday! Bugger. It would have been great to see him - I assume he's talking as well as playing? He's a very entertaining interviewee.

Ah well.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

Perry from Pendulum

Peter Hook

I'm going on the Saturday, because I'm working on Sunday until half 2, so Saturday made more sense.

And now you've only gone and announced that Peter Hook is playing on the Sunday! Bugger. It would have been great to see him - I assume he's talking as well as playing? He's a very entertaining interviewee.

Ah well.
    He’s on at 4.00 could you make that? I know someone that could sneak you in for the last hour…

interviewed by Joel McIver