The Guitar Show 2023 is moving venue

What's Hot

Comments

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited February 2023
    Well if you put it like that, I reckon I could...that would be genuinely awesome
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    Well if you put it like that, I reckon I could...that would be genuinely awesome

Ask for me at reception  on Saturday I’ll sort it out
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason said:

Cheers, Jason, I will, I genuinely appreciate it. Thank you.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

Cheers, Jason, I will, I genuinely appreciate it. Thank you.
    No worries. 

I’m genuinely excited to get him
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • I'll bet
  • Daft question probably but assuming vendors are bringing stock to sell. Anyone know what prices are like at a show.

Live stage looks great.
    tFB Trader
    chor808 said:
    Daft question probably but assuming vendors are bringing stock to sell. Anyone know what prices are like at a show.

Live stage looks great 

yep loads for sale, usually good show prices
  • I had no idea about that fire until today!

All my very best wishes to the whole team at New Bingley Hall. It's always a superb weekend in every way. That venue was very much part of the show itself.

Hope you all have a great show in the new venue. 

I'm snowed under with work at the moment, so this is going to be the first show in years that I'm not going to be at.

Hopefully I'll be there for the next one. :)
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
  • Looking forward to this year. From someone who has been the last 4 years it will be nice just even to see stuff layed out in a different layout. Also be the first proper post Covid one too if I am not mistaken. 
    tFB Trader
    Rocky1991 said:
    Looking forward to this year. From someone who has been the last 4 years it will be nice just even to see stuff layed out in a different layout. Also be the first proper post Covid one too if I am not mistaken. 
    I’m looking forward to a different floor plan too. 

Most of the exhibitors had booked on the Bingley plan so they haven’t had much choice, I just put them on the plan where I thought they should go. 

It’ll be the first one back where it’s normal, last year’s was really stressful, I lost crew and Ginger Wildheart due to Covid with very little notice. 

Most of all I’m looking forward to a huge car park  :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason said:
    Rocky1991 said:
    Looking forward to this year. From someone who has been the last 4 years it will be nice just even to see stuff layed out in a different layout. Also be the first proper post Covid one too if I am not mistaken. 

Most of all I’m looking forward to a huge car park  :-)
    You're not the only one! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last year those going both days got a good discount on entry for the 2nd day.  Is this still the case (I don't see that option on the event's site)?
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    tFB Trader
    Last year those going both days got a good discount on entry for the 2nd day.  Is this still the case (I don't see that option on the event's site)?

still doing that - collect your "come back tomorrow for a fiver" flyer on Saturday from reception
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27824
    Can I please be the first to complain about how long it took to scroll through the list of exhibitors (on the website)?
    :D

Have you got more people signed up for this year??  Felt like a good few more than previous years.  And a good selection of smaller makers too.

Who's on the forum stand @roland @digitalscream ; ?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    Can I please be the first to complain about how long it took to scroll through the list of exhibitors (on the website)?

Have you got more people signed up for this year??  Felt like a good few more than previous years.  And a good selection of smaller makers too.

All three of us - Roland and Bridgehouse on Saturday, myself and possibly Roland on Sunday. Other volunteers welcome :)
    <space for hire>
  • I'll be there on the Saturday.. looking forward to it!
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

I would like to sincerely apologise for that, it must be tough looking at all those exhibitors.

Almost as big as the 2020 show (which is the biggest show I've run)

15% bigger than 2022

Lost a few, but gained a lot

Ticket sales are up massively YOY

I'm really happy with it

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27824
    Jason said:

I would like to sincerely apologise for that, it must be tough looking at all those exhibitors.

I stuck at it, and got through them eventually.

And congrats on the ticket sales, must have been a little bit of extra hassle with the venue change!

All three of us - Roland and Bridgehouse on Saturday, myself and possibly Roland on Sunday. Other volunteers welcome :)
    If I make it over, it'd be Sunday, probably early on, so happy to stand around whilst you go get coffees ...

What's the stand content this year?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:

If I make it over, it'd be Sunday, probably early on, so happy to stand around whilst you go get coffees ...

Cheers :)

It's pretty much the same as it has been. Rebrand coming before next year's.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Jason said:

I stuck at it, and got through them eventually.

And congrats on the ticket sales, must have been a little bit of extra hassle with the venue change!

Yeah, I had a serious wobble when Bingley went, then decided it was an opportunity to go again and make it even better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom