The Guitar Show 2023 is moving venue

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• m_cm_c Frets: 1251
    Roland said:
    I was pleased to see how the stall holders interacted with younger visitors, even when there was little chance of a sale. 
    Aye, and some of 'em were right ballsy little sods too - there are currently at least three kids running round in tFB caps.
    Did the little kids beat you up to get them? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_c said:
    Roland said:
    I was pleased to see how the stall holders interacted with younger visitors, even when there was little chance of a sale. 
    Aye, and some of 'em were right ballsy little sods too - there are currently at least three kids running round in tFB caps.
    Well, they weren't shy, let's put it that way. One of them even came back about half an hour later and just said, "Don't mind me, I'm just grabbing a couple of the freebies that I missed first time round". Grabbed one of everything, and walked off.

Kinda felt like I'd been mugged, if I'm honest.
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1940
    m_c said:
    Roland said:
    Well, they weren't shy, let's put it that way. One of them even came back about half an hour later and just said, "Don't mind me, I'm just grabbing a couple of the freebies that I missed first time round". Grabbed one of everything, and walked off.

Kinda felt like I'd been mugged, if I'm honest.
    I admire their nerve to be honest! ;)
  • I'm sorry I missed it.

Hopefully next time :) 

Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1159
    At 32 I think I’m more into the middle age dad category than the young category than I’d like to think, but it was my first big show and it was very friendly and I felt very welcome 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr_HMr_H Frets: 6
    I really enjoyed the show.  The lack of 'ear wear' was very welcome.  Guitarists simultaneously showing their ability to show how fast they could play through a loud distorted amps on adjacent stands was one of the things that drove me up the wall at the last one I attended in Islington and Excel many years ago.  I don't know if this is as a result of more headphones, better vendor management or a result of a low ceilinged venue but it was very welcome.  I look forward to the next one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    Mr_H said:
    I really enjoyed the show.  The lack of 'ear wear' was very welcome.  Guitarists simultaneously showing their ability to show how fast they could play through a loud distorted amps on adjacent stands was one of the things that drove me up the wall at the last one I attended in Islington and Excel many years ago.  I don't know if this is as a result of more headphones, better vendor management or a result of a low ceilinged venue but it was very welcome.  I look forward to the next one

All of the above I think

I do ask for headphone amps - things like the Captor X have made it a lot easier

Thanks for coming
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8794
    The most important person at the show, air-horn and sign in hand:

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1159
    I think the alternating half hours was a stroke of genius - gives people a chance to hear things for real and gives everyone a break, as well as regularly resetting the noise level to avoid escalating competition for volume 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I was hoping to make this as I’m local, but family life got in the way. Wonderful to hear it was a success.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6963
    edited April 2023
    Good to see myself having top spot in The Guitar Show newsletter Memories picture montage this month. Much appreciated Jason!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Good to see myself having top spot in The Guitar Show newsletter Memories picture montage this month. Much appreciated Jason!

Haha. Awesome. I have so many great photos from the weekend. I need to put them up on my website 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6963
    Good to see you’ve booked the same venue for next year, it was a good location.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Good to see you’ve booked the same venue for next year, it was a good location.
    Yeah, a step up for the show. For the car parking alone
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4977
    It's OK to unpin this one for now...
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26922
    prowla said:
    It's OK to unpin this one for now...
    Fair point :)
    <space for hire>