The Guitar Show 2023 is moving venue

What's Hot

Comments

• AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    TheFretBoard stand, who will be there? Is it to get to know people?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Amigo said:
    TheFretBoard stand, who will be there? Is it to get to know people?
    @Roland and @Bridgehouse on Saturday, myself and @TTony on Sunday.

It's a few things, really - it's a handy meeting place, it's to promote the forum and it's useful to get our faces out there with the UK gear market.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8816
    It’s also good to meet members, and find out what we are really like without screens and keyboards getting in the way 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Mouth is watering already at the thought of the curry

See you tomorrow folks!
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Hope everyone enjoys today. Me and a mate are going along tomorrow but heading up to Birmingham this evening and staying over, any recommendations for somewhere good to grab a pint and listen to some live music tonight?
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1545
    edited February 2023
    Just had brekky at The 2 Mugs in Shirley, will be along for opening
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6982
    Had a great day, liked the new venue, the cafe across the car park was superb for lunch.

Reduced noise was much appreciated- I didn’t feel the need to wear my ear plugs at all. Some great exhibitors as usual. I love the mix of shops, small builders and larger manufacturers.

Great effort (again) Jason!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1364
    Had a great day, there for about 5 hours, a record for guitar shows! Very well organised and great selection of exhibitors. Great to meet @Bridgehouse @Roland @IvisonGuitars and @Danielsguitars and I'm sure many other members I didn't know were members. Food was great but not quite as orfentic as Bingley Hall.

Good luck for day 2!
  • eSully said:
    Hope everyone enjoys today. Me and a mate are going along tomorrow but heading up to Birmingham this evening and staying over, any recommendations for somewhere good to grab a pint and listen to some live music tonight?
    Depends where in Brum you are - if in the city centre, try out the Flapper. If closer to Shirley, there's a few in Solihull worth a visit.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • Had a great time at the show today. As mentioned above, the noise levels during the noisy periods were nowhere near as annoying as at the other venue.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4978

It took15 minutes queuing to get into the car park, but no issues apart from that. 
    I had a good day out at the show.
    Chatted with loads of folks, met someone who had a photo of my Burns Flyte in the shop before I bought it. 
    Bought some oddments: strings, a mounting bracket for my psu, some panel-mounted jack sockets, pocketed some plecs. 
    Had a nice chicken curry. 
    Now at a Tex-Mex having dinner. 
  • I managed to park on the road 100 yards away and not have to queue to get into the carpark.

Utter lunatics around that area were driving on the wrong side of the road to get around the traffic turning right (and having a go at oncoming traffic).
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • mrkb said:
    Had a great day, liked the new venue, the cafe across the car park was superb for lunch.

Reduced noise was much appreciated- I didn’t feel the need to wear my ear plugs at all. Some great exhibitors as usual. I love the mix of shops, small builders and larger manufacturers.

Great effort (again) Jason!
    @mrkb ;I did spot you there but you were busy talking to someone on a stall.

Yes, noise levels were much better this time.

And thank you to @Jason for arranging a great weekend.  (heading up again tomorrow to return a dud pedal :#, and also to pick up a guitar)
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Had a great time today exhibiting at the Fredric Effects stand. Thanks to everyone who stopped-by. Turnout was comparable to previous years, and the venue is actually a bit easier to get to for us London types. I would say though, that despite bringing an amp, I sold all the pedals today to people who tried them in the 'quiet time' using headphones and an cab sim. Really the amp guys should be in a loud room where they can fight it out, then everyone else can try gear and chat at a reasonable level.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • timhulio said:
    Had a great time today exhibiting at the Fredric Effects stand. Thanks to everyone who stopped-by. Turnout was comparable to previous years, and the venue is actually a bit easier to get to for us London types. I would say though, that despite bringing an amp, I sold all the pedals today to people who tried them in the 'quiet time' using headphones and an cab sim. Really the amp guys should be in a loud room where they can fight it out, then everyone else can try gear and chat at a reasonable level.
    +1
  • dariusdarius Frets: 664
    Fun day!
    Well done @Jason ;
    Cracking venue. I could actually spend time chatting at length with the exhibitors, even in noisy times. Atmosphere was so friendly and relaxed, although I imagine it was not so relaxed behind the scenes. 
    Great range of stuff.
    I kinda do miss Fender and all its brands though. Seems weird without them. 
  • Are there much vintage guitars and amps forsale at the show? Have never been so not sure what to expect 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    Some. ATB plus scattered other bits
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    There isn't much mid-range vintage or old tatt at this show. Its a shame in a way, but that's just a feature of larger guitar shows. Great deals to be had on newer gear though. 
  • Heading up there this morning, hopefully get parked up before 10 and be posting on the what did you buy thread later..