The Guitar Show 2023 is moving venue

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    Is parking ok or should I look for somewhere else nearby if arriving later? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6963
    Parking was pretty good, lots more space but obviously fills up early and then more spaces later as people leave. There’s a guy on the gate who helps traffic flow, lots of streets around the venue. Depends on when you arrive really.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    timhulio said:
    the amp guys ... a reasonable level.
    Lol that might have come across a bit grumpy. I should mention that most of the amp companies have kept it reasonable :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4977
    TimmyO said:
    I got there at midday on Saturday and it was rammed. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    TimmyO said:
    I think I arrived late enough that any jams were over and it was very smooth being directed to the overflow parking. 

I thought the new venue was ace. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Really enjoyed the show. Good range of exhibitors and  the live stage artists were varied snd interesting. I thought the new venue worked well, particularly the car parking and catering space. Thanks @Jason ;
  • JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    Thanks all. I’m slightly broken so going for a beer and food. 

After the post pandemic quieter show last year, this felt like back to normal 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SiejenSiejen Frets: 33
    Well done Jason (and team). I had a fab day out 
  • Glad it went well for all. Let's hope things continue to pick up in the future for all concerned.
  • vizviz Frets: 10758
    Jason said:
    Amigo said:
    What should one expect at the Guitar Show? Lively atmosphere, large number of people, diverse or unique products, experts on hand to answer questions, special offers?

yep - pretty much that, all bases covered

Good, we don’t go to a guitar show to look at 4-stringers. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3302
    tFB Trader
    davros said:
    Had a great day, there for about 5 hours, a record for guitar shows! Very well organised and great selection of exhibitors. Great to meet @Bridgehouse @Roland @IvisonGuitars and @Danielsguitars and I'm sure many other members I didn't know were members. Food was great but not quite as orfentic as Bingley Hall.

Good luck for day 2!
    Really good to meet you too,  it's been fantastic being on a stand with the other boutique makers and we're all different, hopefully we'll keep the format of the boutique guitar collective for future shows.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Just a quick note to say a big thank you if you came along. I'm back in the office today ploughing through the figures, it looks like it was the biggest attendance ever, albeit only by 30-40.

It feels good to be properly back after Covid.

I thought the new venue was great and the staff there were brilliant to work with.

The exhibitors were great too, barely any issues to deal with, and everyone seemed very happy

Cheers

J
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Best show yet! Nice and busy on the Saturday, and good to see a younger crowd on Sunday. Well done to Jason and crew! 
    tFB Trader
    timhulio said:
    Best show yet! Nice and busy on the Saturday, and good to see a younger crowd on Sunday. Well done to Jason and crew! 

Thanks Tim, yes I was surprised at how many younger faces there were - very happy about that
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8794
    I was pleased to see how the stall holders interacted with younger visitors, even when there was little chance of a sale. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    I was pleased to see how the stall holders interacted with younger visitors, even when there was little chance of a sale. 

I keep getting messages about how friendly it was - if we want a next-generation this is how you do it
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6963
    Jason said:
    Roland said:

I keep getting messages about how friendly it was - if we want a next-generation this is how you do it
    I brought my 17 year old son and he had a great time, was good to be able to talk to him about products rather than mime due to the lower noise levels, though he did say it was mainly "middle age dads"...grrr......
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    mrkb said:
    ... though he did say it was mainly "middle age dads"...grrr......
    That's his future, surely.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 948
    I was hoping I'd get there but it  wasn't to be :(
  • Roland said:
    Aye, and some of 'em were right ballsy little sods too - there are currently at least three kids running round in tFB caps.
    <space for hire>