Anyone else scammed by J Collingridge, photographer AKA Lexerr emerger jridge scalded_ape

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    edited March 2015
    JookyChap said:

@ttony how was it worked out he was beanhead? Just out of interest is all, is there a way of blocking him from registering somehow?
    Yes, there is :)

Does he ask people to pay with PP Gift? if so - can we publish the email address given, and tell people not to pay this email address?

Gotta say I will never pay anyone with ppl gift on here again, unless I have dealt with them before :(
    He's used several PayPal accounts - I suspect he has one for every user ID he's tried to use on here.
    Yes, Paypal lets you have >1 email address attached to an account, and you can change them at will, so no real challenge on that score. It will show his name before you hit the final pay button, so worth watching out for
    Now, that is worth knowing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26628
    Just edited my post and the two quotes after prompting by @ChrisMusic - I doubt it'd be a problem, but safety first :)
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited March 2015
    TTony said:
    Chuffola said:
    That only happened because somebody - we don't know who - sent him messages threatening him and his family
    Allegedly, or have we proof this happened?

We have ...... his "word".

Not good enough for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27611
    Drew_fx said:
    TTony said:
    Chuffola said:
    That only happened because somebody - we don't know who - sent him messages threatening him and his family
    Allegedly, or have we proof this happened?

We have ...... his "word".

Not good enough for me.

Indeed,  I was being (hugely) sarcastic 

;)

The "word" of a serial scammer, like J Collingridge, photographer, wouldn't count for much.

(I edited the rest of your comment to stay on the safe side of any possible interpretation, given his previous claims of having received "threatening messages").

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited March 2015
    C'mon... he is obviously lying to you. Why give him any wiggle room. It's responses like yours that enable scammers to continue doing what they do. They thrive on silencing people into acquiescence and you're just giving him what he wants and what he needs to continue his dubious practices.

The safe side does not protect you or the website. It protects him and his con-man craft.

And it *is* a craft. Just do a thief-rogue playthrough in Skyrim, and you'll see!
    Drew_fx said:
    C'mon... he is obviously lying to you. Why give him any wiggle room. It's responses like yours that enable scammers to continue doing what they do. They thrive on silencing people into acquiescence and you're just giving him what he wants and what he needs to continue his dubious practices.

The safe side does not protect you or the website. It protects him and his con-man craft.

And it *is* a craft. Just do a thief-rogue playthrough in Skyrim, and you'll see!
    That's true - and I completely agree, from all the contact I've had with him. There's just nothing that stacks up when you look at the whole picture.

However, we don't want to jeopardise the legal claims that quite a few of our members have with him, so we have to be cautious with anything that could - in the loosest interpretation - be termed libellous so he hasn't got any leg to stand on when it comes to defending himself or counter-claiming.
    <space for hire>
    Legally any threats or intimidation tactics - lets just assume they happened - would not have any effect on prior fraud cases or a class action lawsuit. It would just be an additional crime to investigate. You could literally murder someone and be loud and proud about the fact that it was done in retaliation for these fraud crimes... and it wouldn't affect any fraud cases impending against him.

That's how I understand the law to work anyways.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22169
    That's true - and I completely agree, from all the contact I've had with him. There's just nothing that stacks up when you look at the whole picture.

However, we don't want to jeopardise the legal claims that quite a few of our members have with him, so we have to be cautious with anything that could - in the loosest interpretation - be termed libellous so he hasn't got any leg to stand on when it comes to defending himself or counter-claiming.

Out of interest, how many legal cases are pending against JC? 

My thoughts go along the same lines as Drew. 

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited March 2015
    LOL, careful lads, he's coming to get us:

Look all you like pal.

If it makes you feel better I've mentioned you on my Facebook page also (link below). You're becoming famous! *hugs*
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xtroublextrouble Frets: 84
    Drew_fx said:
    Legally any threats or intimidation tactics - lets just assume they happened - would not have any effect on prior fraud cases or a class action lawsuit. It would just be an additional crime to investigate. You could literally murder someone and be loud and proud about the fact that it was done in retaliation for these fraud crimes... and it wouldn't affect any fraud cases impending against him.

That's how I understand the law to work anyways.

Would be an awful stink in the defendant's box if you were successful though

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Has anyone who's reported the prick heard anything regards to pinning him down?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

He's tried to register 2 new IDs already this morning, both of which have been blocked.

It is curious behaviour.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm beginning to think he might have a pathological problem.
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24372
    I think he's now in revenge mode.

Wants to see who he can catch out.
    Yes, I had thought something similar.

I wonder whether, if we think he's becoming a danger to himself or others, we should inform someone?  It might be something as simple as making sure he's taking any prescribed meds.

We have his wife's contact details, maybe a polite email to her to check that Jonathan's OK? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I think the fact that he's been caught out just doesn't tally for him. Its certainly odd behaviour, and now appears that he might just NEED to continue to show he won't back down.

When I say he, to be clear, I'm referring to Jon Collingridge, professional photographer and serial scammer
    edited March 2015
    TTony said:
    Yes, I had thought something similar.

I wonder whether, if we think he's becoming a danger to himself or others, we should inform someone?  It might be something as simple as making sure he's taking any prescribed meds.

We have his wife's contact details, maybe a polite email to her to check that Jonathan's OK? 
    I don't think we can draw the conclusion that he's a danger to himself or others - despite some of the slightly unhinged stories he's come up with, the only real danger that isn't pure speculation is that he'll scam somebody else in the same way; the only thing we can really do there is what's already being done.

I'd be loathe to contact his wife, purely because that could well set off a chain of events out of our control - we all know how these things can escalate, especially if she had no idea this was going on (fairly likely, since his stories of what's happened since he was caught out can't be backed up with anything). As much as his actions have been deplorable, I'm not convinced that (potentially) ruining his personal life is a reasonable course of action, particularly since there are other people (wife and kids) involved too.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    I'd be loathe to contact his wife, purely because that could well set off a chain of events out of our control - we all know how these things can escalate, especially if she had no idea this was going on (fairly likely, since his stories of what's happened since he was caught out can't be backed up with anything). As much as his actions have been deplorable, I'm not convinced that (potentially) ruining his personal life is a reasonable course of action, particularly since there are other people (wife and kids) involved too.
    You don't think she should be aware that she married a scumbag and that he's teaching her kids what's right or wrong? I honestly believe you'd be doing them a favour letting them know. 

HOWEVER... I agree, direct contact is probably a bad thing. Again you've got to think that he could probably use it as evidence of harassment if the boys in blue ever do catch up with him. We don't want to be responsible for any sympathy he tries to create for his plight come any sort of legal proceedings.

Just running these threads up the google rankings and informing as many people as possible is all we can really do.
    juansolo said:
    But I agree, direct contact is probably a bad thing. Again you've got to think that he could probably use it as evidence of harassment if the boys in blue ever do catch up with him. We don't want to be responsible for any sympathy he tries to create for his plight come any sort of legal proceedings.
    Precisely my thoughts.

He threatened to report me for harassment just for sending him a text (to the mobile number he advertises on his website) offering to provide assistance to law enforcement in regard to the threats he received. OK, so I was basically calling his bluff since I already knew from talking to his local plod station that he hadn't called them, but still...he wasn't to know that at that point.
    <space for hire>
    The likelihood of him reporting anyone to the Police are zero in reality. Unless someone does something stupid. Hopefully we're more intelligent than that.

That said, it's aways amusing how quickly thieves and bullies threaten to run to the authorities when the tables are turned and it's revealed what they really are.