Anyone else scammed by J Collingridge, photographer AKA Lexerr emerger jridge scalded_ape

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27497
    welshboyo said:

but on the other hand, do you really think that one person would be dumb enough to leave numerous trails back to themselves, including their address, phone numbers and personal facebook accounts.

Yes, I really do think people are that stupid. 
    Indeed.  The ever-increasing prison population suggests that most criminals really aren't that clever.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    edited February 2015
    Can't believe people are so callous and blunt, hope he gets all he deserves..lucky poos all round for those involved from here I think.....might even box 'em up and post them to him LOL
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I stood outside the bastard's house for a bit last night on Google Earth. He didn't show. No one in, no one out.

21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22132
    edited February 2015
    welshboyo said:
    Can't believe people are so callous and blunt, hope he gets all he deserves..lucky poos all round for those involved from here I think.....might even box 'em up and post them to him LOL
    Well, he's in the HP5 area. The [admin edit - wife's name removed] mentioned is almost certainly the one mentioned in the first post here by Mr Jbob aka Mr Collingridge.

It's scary how easy it is at times. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @JohnPerry A Genuine LOL for that :)

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I like the idea of a more in depth 'tips' page for safe buying. Ive made a fair few purchases and sales on here with no issues at all. In fact my 335 was bought by a completely new member, but I played it safe, made sure the funds were cleared and met him in person. He was a nice fella! It's horrible when we get a rotten egg, but it's nice to see everyone rally around. Also the payments were digital to this idiot, so totally traceable! I think it could be an extremely easy win for the authorities as the fretboard has already done all the investigating! Pain in the arse though. Sorry chaps :(
  • Babones said:
    Or from another old Photobucket account...

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    Anyone started the Money Claim Online claim yet?

Why not?

It's dead easy.

Log on, open an account. It will then ask you to fill in a few details about you and the person you want the money back for.

there is a section that is for why you are claiming. In that section you write down what happened. I suggest something brief but formal on these lines:

1: The defendant advertised for sale a _____________ at the price of ______

2: I contacted the defendant and agreed to buy the item for a price of __________ to include postage to my address. Terms were agreed that I would pay the agreed sum and the defendant would post the item to me.

3: I made payment via ______(Bank / paypal / whatever____) to (paypal addy / bank account number /whatever) on the ____(date)________. The bank / paypal / whatever transaction reference number is: ____________

4: I have not received the item.

5: After I made payment on _________ the defendant has not responded to any communications at all.

6: I have not received the item I paid for and the defendant has not refunded my payment.

7: I am claiming a refund of the the sum of £_____ and the Court Fee

Obviously get the dates right, and print off every single email or private message with him in case you need them later.

If he replies to the Court then the Court will consider how to deal with it. If he doesn't reply then the Court will tell you and then you can ask the court for JUDGMENT IN DEFAULT. That means he gets a CCJ against him.

He then has a few days to ask the court to set aside that judgment. If he doesn't you can then send the bailiffs in (all via the website).

So the £50 he owes you suddenly turns into £500 or more because he has to pay the court fee and the bailiffs!

Ideally you lot need to do these at roughly the same time. Then if he tries to defend the claims you can ask that all the claims be dealt with the same judge at the same time. That would add a bit of weight to it!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited February 2015
    I've been a member on here a while now and get involved in a lot of topics outside of just the classifieds. I like to think of myself now as an active contributor.

With that said, even I have started paying via 'Proper' paypal now. Adding 3.4% or whatever it is now to the total so the sellers fees are covered and that I have piece of mind that I'm covered should I encounter a shitbag. Which I've yet to come across yet luckily.

I have bought from new members recently and have no fear of getting shafted as I've covered my arse in advance.

Paypal gift should really be avoided for the sake of a few extra pounds for insurance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    I do feel sorry for everyone who has been "had" by this scumbag but well done to all those affected who have taken the time and trouble to fill out various forms and inform the Police. I'm sure it's a PITA but hopefully, if everyone who has been deceived does the same, he will very soon get the come-uppance he deserves.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22132
    edited February 2015
    Well, he's in the HP5 area. The [admin edit - wife's name removed] is almost certainly the one mentioned in the first post here by Mr Jbob aka Mr Collingridge.

It's scary how easy it is at times. 
    And here we have everyone tying in with the electoral register I linked to as well. Name, family, photography, car parts, the lot. 

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    He doesn't look like a cat that would hang out on Edition38, thats one of my old stomping grounds (VW car club) perhaps he misunderstood the word VAG :)
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    edited February 2015
    Anyone started the Money Claim Online claim yet?

Why not?

It's dead easy.

Log on, open an account. It will then ask you to fill in a few details about you and the person you want the money back for.

there is a section that is for why you are claiming. In that section you write down what happened. I suggest something brief but formal on these lines:

2: I contacted the defendant and agreed to buy the item for a price of __________ to include postage to my address. Terms were agreed that I would pay the agreed sum and the defendant would post the item to me.

3: I made payment via ______(Bank / paypal / whatever____) to (paypal addy / bank account number /whatever) on the ____(date)________. The bank / paypal / whatever transaction reference number is: ____________

5: After I made payment on _________ the defendant has not responded to any communications at all.

6: I have not received the item I paid for and the defendant has not refunded my payment.

Obviously get the dates right, and print off every single email or private message with him in case you need them later.

If he replies to the Court then the Court will consider how to deal with it. If he doesn't reply then the Court will tell you and then you can ask the court for JUDGMENT IN DEFAULT. That means he gets a CCJ against him.

He then has a few days to ask the court to set aside that judgment. If he doesn't you can then send the bailiffs in (all via the website).

So the £50 he owes you suddenly turns into £500 or more because he has to pay the court fee and the bailiffs!

Ideally you lot need to do these at roughly the same time. Then if he tries to defend the claims you can ask that all the claims be dealt with the same judge at the same time. That would add a bit of weight to it!!
    I fully intend to do this but it costs £25 and having just shelled out for MOT repairs (and £65 to a bloody Charlatan for a TS808) and being self employed I'm a bit low on funds until I get a payment in from a client!

I think Jooky's done it though
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    ellangus;527188" said:
    fretmeiOooster said:

[quote="fretmeister;527171"]Anyone started the Money Claim Online claim yet?

Why not?

It's dead easy.

Fantastic effort @fretmeister
    This should be stickied as the preferred action plan. I'm astounded at how long this cretin has been operating.
    If I was Jonathan Collingridge right now I certainly wouldn't be sleeping easy. This is going to make his life very awkward with a bit of luck.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    That's not good, hope some of you guys get your money back but based on how much has been found out already, this guy is obviously a serial offender and this is just one very tiny corner of the internet and one of millions of forums so it does make you wonder about what kind of scale this guy is doing it !!! I now have visions of this guy living the champagne lifestyle on his ill gotten gains through paypal gift. 

If you can't money claim him though, do make sure you report him to the internet fraud thing as others have said, if he's not stopped and gets away with whilst it will be somewhere else it will just grow and grow. 

I must admit being nosey I did go and check out his Facebook pages and see that he locked down his personal page and now you have to ask for his contact details on his business page so clearly he's reading this page and knows people are on to him. 

DO THE DECENT THING FELLA AND REFUND THESE PEOPLE.

They now have your contact details, your address and you could very easily save yourself a load of aggro.

Forumites of the Fretboard unite 

• photek said:
    He doesn't look like a cat that would hang out on Edition38, thats one of my old stomping grounds (VW car club) perhaps he misunderstood the word VAG :)
    He understands 'cunt' alright. 

fastboy said:

I must admit being nosey I did go and check out his Facebook pages and see that he locked down his personal page and now you have to ask for his contact details on his business page so clearly he's reading this page and knows people are on to him. 

Yes, his lockdown of specific info is the mark of a guilty man. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    The lawyers are coming...

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited February 2015
    What a cock juggling thunder cnut, I hope someone traps his balls in a kettle.

I always insist on avoiding PPG for buying or selling, and I hope people don't get offended when I say no to PPG, just covering my arse, and this is exactly why

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Of course this is fundamentally Paypal's fault for being such greedy f##ks and charging extortionate rates for very little!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom