Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Wars: Rogue One

What's Hot

Comments

• OK, resurrecting this one. Tickets booked for midday Saturday. Hope it'll be good one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My work boss has gone down to London for it today. He's one of those weekend dress up storm-troopers .... massive geeeeeek! Though today I'm jealous as he's in loads of cool promo photos.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7548
    I've got tickets for me and the eldest lad for Friday afternoon at the new local IMAX 3D

I am quite excited.
    Red ones are better. 
  • OK, resurrecting this one. Tickets booked for midday Saturday. Hope it'll be good one.
    @BigBearKris , you're in luck as it's a scorcher.  Thankfully it absolutely shits on Episodes 1,2,3 and 7, bringing the franchise up to the 80s level of excellence. 

TL:DR - if you love the originals, I believe you are in for a treat.
  • High praise indeed.
  • I thought Episode 7 was pretty good. Much better than 6.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited December 2016
    Ah y'see this is where we differ.  I thought ep 7 was a bad cover version of the original Star Wars.  No good will now come about arguing that.   The important thing is that Rogue One is a great stand alone piece of work that proves the franchise can exist outside of the main Star Wars story.

I hope this produces enough interest for a Boba Fett film . I believe that he is one of the SW universe characters that could produce a strong story of his own. 
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited December 2016
    Aye ep7 was basically a remake of ep4. But a great remake of a great film, what's not to like? I loved it

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 985
    edited December 2016

I hope this film produces enough interest to make a series of films about the third storm trooper from the left who appears at minute 23.17 in ep 5

That man is an enigma and could produce his own spin off franchise.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just come out of the cinema.
    Enjoyed that, some nice cameos and only once where I thought it was unnecessarily shoe horned in. Excellent addition to Star Wars but didn't excite in the same way FA did. Not to say it's better or worse, just a different feel to it. 
  • I think it is (for me) as good as the emperor strikes back (also seen in the cinema when released). I know that I will have to see again soon with others (probably family members)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Saw it earlier today. Loved it. Some great Easter Eggs and cameos.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6190
    Definitely a good one (although I must stop seeing 3D versions - too annoying). Bit slow to start, but then gets going properly and the ending is superbly done. Nice humour - the robot gets the best lines. I'm not nerdy enough to get all of the cross references and in-jokes, but it stands alone anyway.
  • Watching it this afternoon :)
  • I've booked 3D version for Saturday and I'm already regretting that it's not 2D. I find it always blurry and tiring - but there you go - had to ask my other half which one shall I book. ;-)
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Got tickets for it on Sunday morning. Family are off to church in the morning and then straight to the cinema after that (in 2D of course!). Need to do loads of guitar tonight so I am shattered enough to get a decent sleep before hand :)
  • I like 3D but prices are extortionate
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    Can't stand 3D, but luckily my kids don't like it either so will be going to see this in good old fashioned flat-o-vision.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein