Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Wars: Rogue One

What's Hot

Comments

• stickersticker Frets: 888
    Saw it last night and bloody loved it , thought the robot stole the show! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One thing I really loved about it was that when I got home, I put 'A News Hope' on, and suddenly a film I've watched scores of times before feels fresh again with added perspective on it.  

You could run Rogue One and A New Hope back to back and it would feel like one massive long film. Which I am certain to do once the DVD is released.
  • derndern Frets: 357
    Looking forward to seeing again. Kept falling asleep when I went to see it yesterday which messed the continuity up a bit.
  • Just booked tickets to see it on Jan 3rd. Went with 2D to try and get the "7 years old in '77" thing back again. I also managed to get seat number BB-8 for the friend I'm taking, she may well appreciate that! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Wow. Better than I could have hoped for. The ending added to the shot of Leia at the end was pretty emotional after Carrie Fisher dying.

Shame about the arseholes behind me in the cinema. Hope your next shite is a hedgehog.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This time the whole 3D experience luckily wasn't too blurry and quite watchable. Next time I'd like to see it in 2D - it will probably be a bluray though. 
    Great movie - proper Star Wars. Finally!
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 577
    Just watched it with my boys. Absolutely loved it. I almost felt like I did when I watched "The Empire Strikes Back" in 1980 as a 7 year old. The fact that my youngest is 7 now made me feel like I was creating memories like my parents did for me, he is never going to forget the proper Darth Vader, awesome!
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    I really enjoyed it, but the Game of Thrones-style killing of all the main characters felt a bit cheap. I know in terms of the cannon it had to happen, but it just didn't sit well amidst the camp adventurey classic Star Wars feel. I suppose that's what made people think the whole film was 'dark' and 'gritty'? Hardly American History X was it!

Apart from the 10 minutes where the leading cast was killed off, I did really enjoy it.
  • Steffo said:
    Just watched it with my boys. Absolutely loved it. I almost felt like I did when I watched "The Empire Strikes Back" in 1980 as a 7 year old. The fact that my youngest is 7 now made me feel like I was creating memories like my parents did for me, he is never going to forget the proper Darth Vader, awesome!

---I agree. The prequels and all the other stuff had diluted my love for Star Wars but after watching Rogue One I actually feel emotionally invested in the whole thing again. Really loved it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74281
    UnclePsychosis said:

The prequels and all the other stuff had diluted my love for Star Wars but after watching Rogue One I actually feel emotionally invested in the whole thing again. Really loved it. 
    Exactly. The Force Awakens didn't do that, for me - the whole thing was too contrived and even Ford and Fisher felt more like drop-in guests rather than a proper part of the story. This one was on a different level entirely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WezVWezV Frets: 17413
    Whenever you say "prequels" you now have to include this film.

im just back from seeing it. thoroughly enjoyed it and it's really linking the canon films and cartoon series together well.  Looking forward to the next Star Wars Rebels episodes.

nice to have mention of the Emperors Purge too.  It would be great to have a film of Vader hunting and executing Jedi.  Rogue One makes me almost believe Disney would do it.
  • Saw it today. Felt a little let down to be honrst
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I want to see the death troopers again, they were awesome. I've got one of those Lego models of one sat on my chest of drawers
    My V key is broken
    WezV said:
    The odd thing is that it was described as a 'stand-alone' part of the Star Wars story - it's nothing of the sort, it's far more of a direct and fitting prequel to Star Wars than the other three.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6319
    tFB Trader
    I went to see this last night, absolutely incredible as far as I'm concerned, even thought Tarkin was fantastic. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17413
    ICBM said:
    WezV said:
    The odd thing is that it was described as a 'stand-alone' part of the Star Wars story - it's nothing of the sort, it's far more of a direct and fitting prequel to Star Wars than the other three.
    Indeed.  

The Han Solo film should be more of a standalone thing, but I bet they still take every opportunity to tie it in to other known storylines.

• Short review as I wait in a bar for a couple of Times journalists to finish work...

Fucking brilliant. Everything TFA wasn't. Fuck JJ Abrams. Might well be third best behind ANH and ESB at number 1. Rewatched TFA last week and seeing R1 this afternoon simply reinforces how much I dislike the majority of TFA. 

A complete triumph. 

• Oh, and well played for good callbacks that weren't rammed down the throat. Blue milk in the first ten mins FTW!

Fucking brilliant. Everything TFA wasn't. Fuck JJ Abrams. Might well be third best behind ANH and ESB at number 1. Rewatched TFA last week and seeing R1 this afternoon simply reinforces how much I dislike the majority of TFA. 

A complete triumph.
    Exactly my opinion too, although I haven't re-watched TFA.

Oh, and well played for good callbacks that weren't rammed down the throat. Blue milk in the first ten mins FTW!
    Did anyone else think the street scene early on was nicked from Blade Runner? I definitely did, and liked it because it was also not too in your face.

• Just got back from work and I was lucky enough to go to cinema during my shift ;) Sorry this time I've seen it in 2D and I must say that difference is very little - which is a massive point for 3D version (not too blurry).
    The movie itself? I liked it just as much, although I wasn't THAT much into it, but it's understandable giving that I knew the storyline. Vader scene, space battles, Felicity Jones, Death Ray - all just as awesome. Great film.