Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Wars: Rogue One

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27030
edited April 2016 in Off Topic
There is a teaser/trailer (what's the difference?) for the new Star Wars being released today :)

There is already a teaser for the teaser (srsly, wtf is happening with all this preview of a preview bullshit?)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Blink and you miss it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    They'll get millions of hits from that and pays for itself.

And create more hype.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Not sure about the black uniforms (although I would normally find a black uniform exciting!), but I'm excited.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27030
    edited April 2016
    WE'RE TWENTY MINUTES AWAY 

(from the start of Good Morning America, where the actual teaser is airing. Presumably it won't actually be shown at the beginning of the show though)
    Woohoo!!!
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited April 2016
    Does not contain lamentable fail. Not like, say, the Ghostbusters trailer. So that's good.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Actually far more excited for this than I was for TFA.  Looks good so far, although I said that about the last one and was rather underwhelmed.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • AT-ATs! I fucking love AT-ATs!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd just washed these jeans. :(

:D
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    edited April 2016

Ooh...excited much!! Only 8 months to wait... :|

So, is this just a completely separate story that doesn't tie in to the main Star Wars films, or does it act as a 'fill in the blanks' kind of thing?

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Nikko said:

Ooh...excited much!! Only 8 months to wait... :|

So, is this just a completely separate story that doesn't tie in to the main Star Wars films, or does it act as a 'fill in the blanks' kind of thing?

This is the story of how the rebels got the plans to the first Death Star, so presumably won't contain many (any?) characters from the existing films but will fill in some backstory without going all prequel-trilogy on us and spoiling all the mystery.

(that said, I can't see them possibly making this story without some Darth Vader in it, can they? James Earl Jones is still around so they just need some tall bloke to put the suit on... :D )

Ahhh ok, that make sense, cheers.

Hmmm, yeah, there could be some Vader in there, especially as it looks like the girl is dressed like one of Vaders Wing-men/tie fighter pilots. Could also mean absolutely nothing

:D
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    This is the story of how the rebels got the plans to the first Death Star, so presumably won't contain many (any?) characters from the existing films but will fill in some backstory without going all prequel-trilogy on us and spoiling all the mystery.
    The woman we see at 0:23 is Mon Mothma, a rebel commander who turns up in ROTJ. I can't imagine how they can leave Darth Vader out of this story completely, although both James Earl Jones and David Prowse are getting on in years...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    english_bob;1029868" said:
    stickyfiddle said:This is the story of how the rebels got the plans to the first Death Star, so presumably won't contain many (any?) characters from the existing films but will fill in some backstory without going all prequel-trilogy on us and spoiling all the mystery.

The woman we see at 0:23 is Mon Mothma, a rebel commander who turns up in ROTJ. I can't imagine how they can leave Darth Vader out of this story completely, although both James Earl Jones and David Prowse are getting on in years...
    A touch of lacquer and some polish will sort that out.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that David Prowse had problems walking without crutches now after having double hip replacement surgery, and suffers from terrible memory loss. Apparently, he pretty much makes a living selling autographs now at fan conventions.  
  • James Earl Jones has provided Vader voice for  Star Wars Rebels.. and lets be fair there would be no "shortage" of tall actors prepared to don this suit...  Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) currently has a body double I believe...

Mon Mothma also appeared in the prequels, so they have retained the same actor.. Genevieve O'Reilly

Very exciting times for Star Wars fans after the somewhat anti-climax of the prequels

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • They could get Hayden Christensen to voice himself... he's about the right age! Might not be the most popular of choices...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24293
    This is far more exciting than A Newer Hope.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Think I remember reading that a Darth Vader suit was spotted on set last month. I'm sure they'll find another 6'6 actor, but maybe not with the West Country accent.