Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Wars: Rogue One

What's Hot

Comments

• I'll offer my review after I see it on the 31st. Absolutely no time before that to see it thanks to work. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I'll offer my review after I see it on the 31st. Absolutely no time before that to see it thanks to work. 

Bastards. Can you not sneak off next week, most places would be dead anyway..
  • I'll offer my review after I see it on the 31st. Absolutely no time before that to see it thanks to work. 
    Ditto, no way I can get to see it until the New Year.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    I really enjoyed it.   Probably half an hour too long but I loved the way it linked seamlessly to A New Hope. 

An infinitely better film than The Force Awakens. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarky said:
    I'll offer my review after I see it on the 31st. Absolutely no time before that to see it thanks to work. 

Nope. Working every day from the morning of December 22nd to 4.15pm on Friday 30th, including Christmas Day which is going to be simple, 30 covers exactly. All day shifts 26th through 28th. Have been given 31st and 1st off so the plan is to go straight from work on the 30th to London, drinks there, then Rogue One watching on the 31st, drinks after, then back to Bristol early on the 1st. 

It's been an especially hard work December this year. Worked eight days in a row before last Wednesday off and then nine days on after that. By January 1st, I'll have had a total of 17 days off in the last 12 weeks working between 52 and 60 hours a week. That is definitely resolution 1 for 2017: change the work hours and eventually the job. 

• quarky said:

Nope. Working every day from the morning of December 22nd to 4.15pm on Friday 30th, including Christmas Day which is going to be simple, 30 covers exactly. All day shifts 26th through 28th. Have been given 31st and 1st off so the plan is to go straight from work on the 30th to London, drinks there, then Rogue One watching on the 31st, drinks after, then back to Bristol early on the 1st. 

It's been an especially hard work December this year. Worked eight days in a row before last Wednesday off and then nine days on after that. By January 1st, I'll have had a total of 17 days off in the last 12 weeks working between 52 and 60 hours a week. That is definitely resolution 1 for 2017: change the work hours and eventually the job. 
    FFS, @Heartfeltdawn . You could have seen it by now if you'd not invested that time telling us why you couldn't see it.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Me and the nipper have just come back from seeing it, he went in full Stormtrooper outfit :)

I enjoyed it, a bit too long but that's a given with most films nowadays. K-2SO was great, the main characters in general were good, Donnie Yens  character in particular for me. Even though we know the story it's a shame most of them got killed off as I would like to see more of them. Also liked how they gave the rebellion a bit more grit instead of this goody goody benevolent band of heroes, they hinted at the dirty side of it which you'd expect. 

Vader. Good to see him on screen, looked slightly off plus his voice sounded a bit weedy. The bit at the end where he let loose was great, the real evil dark side Vader. 

So far Disney have done an OK job, Lucas wouldn't have IMO. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7544
    It's funny that Disney have made grittier films, making the prequel Trilogy look a bit "Disney" :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

• Vader. Good to see him on screen, looked slightly off plus his voice sounded a bit weedy. 

I thought that, he didn't really sound like Vader of old, I thought it was a different actor but having checked it was James Earl Jones.  He is 85 to be fair, I guess his voice just isn't what it was.  
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited December 2016

Vader. Good to see him on screen, looked slightly off plus his voice sounded a bit weedy. 

I thought that, he didn't really sound like Vader of old, I thought it was a different actor but having checked it was James Earl Jones.  He is 85 to be fair, I guess his voice just isn't what it was.  

In fairness he had been in recovery from life changing injuries.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    It's funny that Disney have made grittier films, making the prequel Trilogy look a bit "Disney" :-) 

That is a mad. TFA wasn't particularly gritty; however, the male leads method of preventing his buddy getting caught got me wondering which side he was on.  This was due to me thinking that Disney good guys don't do that sort of thing.

It's a new shiny world of opportunity.
  • One thing that was odd. Why do the stormtroopers get knocked out by being punched in the "face"?
  • One thing that was odd. Why do the stormtroopers get knocked out by being punched in the "face"?
    That is yet another tribute to original trilogy ;) They couldn't shoot for shit either
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    TimmyO said:
    Have you ever seen Bambi or any of the old school Disney output?  
    That is yet another tribute to original trilogy ;) They couldn't shoot for shit either

• Just back from seeing to and heard news of Carries demise on the way back.  Very sad.  Have to say was a little disappointed with the film.  Thought it was a flimsy story dragged out for 2 hours, Vader was about a foot short, I really didn't care about any of the characters and the GCI of both Peter Cushing and Carrie looked a bit naff.  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    saw it last night…
    totally loved it… it was loads of fun..

I thought it was a nice shim of a story between episodes 3 and 4
    play every note as if it were your first
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Just been to see it with the Wife. I loved it! Game in full on geek mode :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    That was meant to be 'had me in full on geek mode...
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72575
    Saw it this afternoon with the kids... as posted in the films thread - best Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back. Dark, gritty and with some good black humour as well as incredible visuals, and no weak ending. As near perfect as they could have made it, I think.

Peter Cushing's CGI was pretty good, I thought - the kids didn't realise he wasn't real. Carrie Fisher slightly less convincing even though you only see her briefly (but in closer shot). A bit strange seeing her today though.

Vader was fine, I thought.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein