Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So what's on people's current amp gas lists?

What's Hot

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Redplate

Dr Z EZG
    Well you know where they are!. and @leerocker 's EZG come with a 4x10, the very best for that amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3115
    edited November 2016
    I'm pretty sorted for amps right now but I'd love to try out a Klemt Echolette M40 (with a side order of tape delay). 

Also fancy trying 

WEM Dominator V front & mk3
    Traynor Bass master
    Kustom Coupe 36
    GK ML250
    Brunetti Evo
    Hughes & Kettner crunch master

and probably others I can't remember at the moment.

• Darren said:
    Right now, I can't think of anything I want more than a Kemper powered rack.

Subsequently, I can imagine wanting to borrow an awful lot of amps.

@digitalscream - I just picked up the non powered version. Best gear purchase I have made in a long time. I'm using the DI profiles into my Marshall and cab - Awesome piece of gear.
    I want the powered version, purely because I've got a lightweight rig and don't want to be carrying any more than I have to.

I'll be using it with amp-only profiles into my cab for on-stage monitoring, with a DI straight to the desk for the punters to hear it.

I just need to be able to afford one.
    <space for hire>
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Marshall 2144. But I really want the time to build my own clone. it's a special amp, cascaded v1, but a Fender style tone stack, a boost and reverb. Beuatiful cleans to full on dirt just with the guitar volume knob.
  • I've always wanted to try out the 1w Marshalls. all of them.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunm said:
    Given that I have recently found out that my Wife and I are expecting our first child next year my Gas funds have depleated greatly. 

If I could get any amp now it would be a 40 watt version of the MJW 5e3 that @martinw built for me. 
    Congrats on the good news. Pity about the implications. But it's always kids before gear, at least until you get them  paper round.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    dindude said:
    Haven't had amp gas for years, but I've always wanted a Roland JC22 and now they've reissued it I think I'm going to have to take a punt eventually.
    On my list also, although I might prefer the 40 watt version.

otherwise, interested in a Helix or AX8.

Definitely done with valve amps for the foreseeable.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1641
    shaunm said:
    Given that I have recently found out that my Wife and I are expecting our first child next year my Gas funds have depleated greatly. 

If I could get any amp now it would be a 40 watt version of the MJW 5e3 that @martinw built for me. 
    Congrats on the good news. Pity about the implications. But it's always kids before gear, at least until you get them  paper round.
    Thanks mate, 

I have pre listed the baby for jobs in either the mills or down t'pit.
  • I fancy a Kemper, but I'm not too fussy about what I play through in the house (my THR10C is enough) and I can't justify splashing out that kind of money unless I'm going to use the amp.  I have enough barely used amps lying around.

I have my finger in a few pies that may or may not result in regular(ish) gigging next year and if one or more comes off I will look seriously at the Kemper.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3953
    Lazy J 20
    Rift PT20
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I fancy a Kemper, but I'm not too fussy about what I play through in the house (my THR10C is enough) and I can't justify splashing out that kind of money unless I'm going to use the amp.  I have enough barely used amps lying around.

I have my finger in a few pies that may or may not result in regular(ish) gigging next year and if one or more comes off I will look seriously at the Kemper.
    You see, my thing with it is that I've been all round the houses with amps, delay pedals, multi-effects etc and I still don't have the exact thing I want (in terms of sound and functionality), while I know that the Kemper does both.

In front of me is a long road of amp modding, frustration with pedalboards etc - or I could just buy a Kemper and the job's done.
    <space for hire>
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Matchless Spitfire
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6813
    No amp GAS to speak of. I have a Tweed Toneworks "TweedyLuxe" 5e3 clone and a Louis Electric KR12. 
    Nothing else I need... or want for that matter. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    shaunm said:
    shaunm said:

Thanks mate, 

Are you without an amp now then or does the baby just mean no new stuff?
    Alnico said:
    shaunm said:
    shaunm said:

Thanks mate, 

Are you without an amp now then or does the baby just mean no new stuff?
    I have an MJW 5e3 18 watt.  I love it, best sounding amp that I've used. For live use I'd like a 5e3 double or 40 watt version but I'm nitpicking, the 18 sounds great and is loud.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I bet !

I'd like an MJW one day.
    Alnico said:
    I bet !

I'd like an MJW one day.
    For value for money I think Martin can't be beaten. I've not tried this amp against the other 5e3 makers but I would like to try and compare.
  • Drip edge Fender Silverface Deluxe....or a Blackface.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm gassing for my new MJW.
    Mesa Mark V 35
    Bad Cat 30R
  • Lazy J j20. I absolutely love my tweed Vic, but the variac and reverb/trem is so tempting.