Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So what's on people's current amp gas lists?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• PWE Event horizon 3 or a Bognor Helios 100 just to be different to the Friedmans :o ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A used Louis Electric Buster 6L6 version. However the likelihood of a used one coming up is slim so will probably end up having to fork out for a new one 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    THR10 to keep at work. Can't really justify the expense right now though
  •  capo4th said:
    wellsyboy said:
    Tell us more about these amps and Louis Electric please 
    The Columbia is a bold punchy 1 x 12 take on the Princeton reverb - fabulous blackface tones with a middle control that gives extra versatility. The one on the right is the Buster - fabulous 5e3 deluxe based amp - beautiful cleans and fabulous deluxe overdrive - again 1 x 12. Both amps here are 6V6 platforms but both have the ability to be rebiased to use 6L6's for more headroom and a switch to give more gain in the 6L6 mode. The buster has a switch in the place of the no 2 inout on the normal channel which give more gain in either mode.
  • wellsyboy said:
     capo4th said:
    wellsyboy said:
    The Columbia is a bold punchy 1 x 12 take on the Princeton reverb - fabulous blackface tones with a middle control that gives extra versatility. The one on the right is the Buster - fabulous 5e3 deluxe based amp - beautiful cleans and fabulous deluxe overdrive - again 1 x 12. Both amps here are 6V6 platforms but both have the ability to be rebiased to use 6L6's for more headroom and a switch to give more gain in the 6L6 mode. The buster has a switch in the place of the no 2 inout on the normal channel which give more gain in either mode.
    @wellsyboy they look absolutely gorgeous and I know how gorgous that Buster sounds too as you know. Blimey that Ironman II Mini looks massive by it though. Can it fit inside the back of the buster on the floor or something ?
  • capo4th said:
    wellsyboy said:
    All I can say @capo4th that Buster is astounding sounding. I demo'd it recently and I have to say that I thought it maybe be better than my Lazy J2o. Not that I'd ever sell it though. Well I say never LOL
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    I'm amp gassing for a small 1 watt Marshall head after loving  my Blackstar 1 Watter  :)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    ^the JCM800 1 watter sounds great on the youtube vids I've seen of it. Would love to have one for home use if I could afford such an expensive toy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    tone1 said:
    I'm amp gassing for a small 1 watt Marshall head after loving  my Blackstar 1 Watter  :)
    You'll be disappointed.

The only one of the Marshalls I've ever heard sound good was the limited edition JTM145. The normal JTM-1 and JMP-1 aren't bad, but don't have the big-amp sound of the Blackstar. The DSL-1 is *terrible*, there's one in the shop just now. Horrible sounding thing. Insane price too...

I'll have to mention this again ;), but make sure you don't pay any attention to what Blackstar say about the ISF control - the 'Marshall' sound is on the left of centre, not the right.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    ICBM said:
    tone1 said:
    You'll be disappointed.

The only one of the Marshalls I've ever heard sound good was the limited edition JTM145. The normal JTM-1 and JMP-1 aren't bad, but don't have the big-amp sound of the Blackstar. The DSL-1 is *terrible*, there's one in the shop just now. Horrible sounding thing. Insane price too...

I'll have to mention this again ;), but make sure you don't pay any attention to what Blackstar say about the ISF control - the 'Marshall' sound is on the left of centre, not the right.
    Thanks!
    I also much prefer ISF to left of centre..Those JTM145's go for silly money as well..
    Maybe I'll stick with the Blackstar after all  :)
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I was gassing for a little Amp to keep in the car/at work so yesterday got my self a Black star fly. Awesome sauce! Not gassing anymore :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Think this is the most popular thread I've ever started.  Thanks for your support!   ;)

Also adding an Atomic Amplifire to my list.