Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So what's on people's current amp gas lists?

What's Hot

Comments

• Orange CR60; with the master volume it looks like it could be a good amp for home use, as well as being well capable of playing gigs, which I hope to do in the future. Dave Simpson gets some fantastic tones from the CR120 on his YouTube channel, today he does Slash

Then again it might be overkill for home use, a Crush 35RT may be more sensible, I have tried one and it was excellent 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Orange CR60; with the master volume it looks like it could be a good amp for home use, as well as being well capable of playing gigs, which I hope to do in the future. Dave Simpson gets some fantastic tones from the CR120 on his YouTube channel, today he does Slash

Then again it might be overkill for home use, a Crush 35RT may be more sensible, I have tried one and it was excellent 
    FS I want one of those now.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8561
    ICBM said:
    Yamaha THR100
    Line 6 Spider V
    Boss Katana
    Marshall Code

At least to try.
    Read that list and thought I was in the Terrible Amps You Have Tried thread  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    Darren said:
    Right now, I can't think of anything I want more than a Kemper powered rack.

Subsequently, I can imagine wanting to borrow an awful lot of amps.

@digitalscream - I just picked up the non powered version. Best gear purchase I have made in a long time. I'm using the DI profiles into my Marshall and cab - Awesome piece of gear.
    I want the powered version, purely because I've got a lightweight rig and don't want to be carrying any more than I have to.

I'll be using it with amp-only profiles into my cab for on-stage monitoring, with a DI straight to the desk for the punters to hear it.

I just need to be able to afford one.
    I used a mates powered version recently, an utterly unbelievable thing. If I had a regular gig that justified it there would be one sitting next to me now. Mighty impressive but then it should be for the money.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4753
    I have my AV30 and need nothing else. It's perfect for me.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    Orange CR60; with the master volume it looks like it could be a good amp for home use, as well as being well capable of playing gigs, which I hope to do in the future. Dave Simpson gets some fantastic tones from the CR120 on his YouTube channel, today he does Slash

Might be one available here in the near future.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2486
    An MJW, which is in the pipeline, although it's looking like it may be early 2017 when it arrives.
    Princeton clean channel, and a Marshall-ish drive channel, with a pair of 6v6s, power scaling, effects loop, and valve driven reverb.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    strtdv said:
    An MJW, which is in the pipeline, although it's looking like it may be early 2017 when it arrives.
    Princeton clean channel, and a Marshall-ish drive channel, with a pair of 6v6s, power scaling, effects loop, and valve driven reverb.
    Sorting control panels out today. Should be with you before Christmas :) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2939
    A Marshall. Going to try out a 2525 mini Jubilee soon to see if that can deliver the goods. I do want a master volume JMP/JCM but I don't know if I want to risk having a vintage amp!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The mini Jubilee has cured amp gas for me.

I hate to tell you this, but you've been misled by your rock doctor.

GAS is a relapsing-remitting condition. You may have long periods of remission, but it'll come back.
    God damn it I know you're right. I've never tried a Kemper and am curious to give one a whirl, likewise the Boss Katana.

but after playing a burst through an original 59 Fender Super recently I could definitely accommodate a 5f4 2x10 in the stable!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2016
    Carr Rambler, forever and always. I will have one.

Marshall Super Bass

Mesa/Boogie Single/Dual Rectifier/Trem-o-verb (one of each ;))

Mesa/Boogie King Snake

Fender Princeton Reverb reissue (the pink paisley one)

Fender Super Reverb reissue

Reeves Custom 50/100

Two-Rock Bi-Onyx 50

Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary (KT88-powered)

That'd sort me out, I reckon.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Bucket said:
    Carr Rambler, forever and always. I will have one.

Marshall Super Bass

Mesa/Boogie Single/Dual Rectifier/Trem-o-verb (one of each ;))

Mesa/Boogie King Snake

Fender Princeton Reverb reissue (the pink paisley one)

Fender Super Reverb reissue

Reeves Custom 50/100

Two-Rock Bi-Onyx 50

Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary (KT88-powered)

That'd sort me out, I reckon.

You're easily pleased.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    You're easily pleased.
    That's only about twenty five grand isn't it? :lol:
  • rlw said:

How is the AV30? I'm looking to try one but GG only have then in stock at the Belgium store. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12026
    I'll just leave this here.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72928
    dindude said:
    ICBM said:
    Yamaha THR100
    Line 6 Spider V
    Boss Katana
    Marshall Code

At least to try.
    Read that list and thought I was in the Terrible Amps You Have Tried thread  ;)
    No. I'm genuinely interested in all these - I've played the THR100 and thought it was great, but I'd like to explore it further before I decide whether to buy one. The Line 6 looks interesting because it has a full-range speaker system, the Boss because it's a head with a built-in 'practice' speaker and the Marshall because it has Bluetooth and it's a Marshall.

As you may have gathered I have no interest in new valve amps at all. I have two valve amps which do everything I need a valve amp for, I'm much more keen to find out what new technology can do.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    The THR100 is enormously impressive, to be fair.

One thing - it may just have been the setup I used it with, but I wasn't convinced it was loud enough to keep up with a drummer live.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4753
    rlw said:

How is the AV30? I'm looking to try one but GG only have then in stock at the Belgium store. 
    I love it.  The Bassman  - Clean 2  - is my favourite model, add some gain and its brilliant.  The OD1 model - some Marshall or another - runs it close.

I really can see no need for anything else.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlw said:
    rlw said:

I love it.  The Bassman  - Clean 2  - is my favourite model, add some gain and its brilliant.  The OD1 model - some Marshall or another - runs it close.

I really can see no need for anything else.

Thanks, when I first saw it, I thought it looked perfect for my needs. 

It was about time someone made a good affordable SS amp. 
  • Victory v30, victory v40 or a peavey classic 30, friedman runt or Marshall 2525. Opinions and advice welcomed.