Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Worst film ever candidate

What's Hot

Comments

• phil_b said:
    Captain Corelli's Mandolin
    Has Nicholas cage made any good films?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Zoolander has to be up there along with The last air bender. Utter shite.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7177
    goldtop said:
    Star Wars Christmas Special - so bad that you can only find it on YT when some wag uploads it to troll Lucas.

Every time I find myself nitpicking a new Star Wars film (because 'canon') I remind myself of this and giggle. Enjoy:

I never knew about that. 

It looks so bad it might be the runaway winner. 

I saw a comment on YT which made me chuckle 

'How good was the cocaine back then?'
    That's a tv programme rather than a film to be fair
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Four Weddings and a Funeral.
    I just remember wondering what all the fuss was about'
    TBH I find all those 'nice, nice' Richard Curtis 'comedies' awful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    This.

So bad, it's good.
    Well, maybe not good but certainly a laugh.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72921
    Teetonetal said:

Has Nicholas cage made any good films?
    Raising Arizona.

In which he plays a gormless simpleton, so his acting is up to its usual standard...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Masters of the Universe, I was a huge He-man fan as a kid, so my parents took me to see the film, starring Dolph Lindgren. It was that bad, I fell asleep in the cinema. 

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

The remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still was really dire. Not helped by Keanu Reeves but marginally saved by Jennifer Connelly.
    The original was an absolute classic.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    edited September 2019 tFB Trader
    PhilW1 said:
    Watched Holmes and Watson last night , thought with Will
    Ferrell and John Reilly it might be quite humorous.
    Biggest pile of shit ever,,worst accents and acting by a big name cast ever.
    Just awful drivel..how these “Hollywood Superstars” get away with it I’ll never know.
    I too watched that as I usually find them amusing..  But I agree.. Totally unwatchable, just for their ridiculous English accents alone..

The whole thing was like a big private in joke that only they found funny...
  • Pearl Harbor, U-571 or Thomas and the Magic Railroad. All nothing like authentic.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7239
    Highlander 2.  Not only is it a terrible film, but it manages the rare feat of ruining the first one as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1043
    I was at a mates house a few weeks back and he had a film called "violent shit". This is truly the worst film you can ever imagine in your worst nightmares of film watching hell. Completely unwatchable rubbish.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23530

The Happening was pretty bad.  And probably the all-time low point for M Night Shyamalan, a man with a lot of low points to live down to.

On the whole I don't mind a terrible film if it feels like the filmmakers were sincere and trying their best.  Preferable to lazy formulaic Hollywood shit with a couple of star names and a big CGI budget - the Transformers movies spring to mind.  And RIPD - what a complete pile of horseshit that was.

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Keiko said:
    I was at a mates house a few weeks back and he had a film called "violent shit". This is truly the worst film you can ever imagine in your worst nightmares of film watching hell. Completely unwatchable rubbish.
    Is that about someone with dysentery?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Of films I've seen, 'Titanic' and 'Independence Day' are probably two of the shittest
  • octatonic said:
    This.

Yep, this one instantly springs to mind. Truly awful.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    The Room is an obvious one, but I absolutely have to cast my vote to Earth Alien(or 'Endangered Species' depending on which side of the Atlantic your DVD bargain bin is located), a spectacularly inept 2002 sci fi, starring Eric Roberts of being-Julia's-brother fame:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302531/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

It also stars a mid-LOTR trilogy John Rhys-Davies, who had seemingly no reason to be involved. I worked with John briefly on another project a couple years back, and after signing my DVD (I had to) he admitted that he's good friends with Eric, and that the latter had some pretty significant debts at the time so he did it as a favour.
    Lovely bloke, atrocious film. 10/10, definitely watch it
  • All the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Utter crap 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6297
    tony99 said:

That's a tv programme rather than a film to be fair
    Well, it's a TV film, feature-length, with the same actors and the same universe, and an outline dreamed up by Lucas himself. He was riding so high on the SW success that he just took the cash.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12489
    There are channels on sky which only show pap American made for TV movies. Missus Munckee sometimes watches them.  They make most of the films mentioned here look like the godfather