girlfriend break up help

What's Hot

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Roland said:
    ........As you know, some of our members are prone to trying to out-gross each other with their comments.
    Award for understatement of the year ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stay strong, the calls will stop. Enjoy the gym.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Well done matey :) 
    Time to enjoy life!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Yeah well done. Make the most of being single  :)
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3008
    Yes, well done Mark.   But you must find a way to block her calls/texts. Let her get on with her life, whilst you get on with yours.

And don't let any of her vile words sink into your self-esteem.  Learn to love yourself. All the best. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    Can't help thinking that instead of your girlfriend controlling your life you now have an interent forum controlling it.

Good luck. Hope it goes well for you and for her too.  Hopefully you can let her know why at some point - that a whole new moral conundrum. 
    Veganic said:
    Can't help thinking that instead of your girlfriend controlling your life you now have an internet forum controlling it.
    I see your point but the positive advice here (and it is just advice) is nothing like the controlling behaviour mark123 has described and is wanting to be free of.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    best wishes matey...
    play every note as if it were your first
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    mark123 said:
    hi update 
    Thanks to everyone
    i do come back on and read this thread again and again ,
    the sucess stories of leaving and finding a much better partner have stopped me a few times from ringing her and trying to get back 
    Ive had voicemals off her this week (cant find a call blocker that blocks everything??)they have ranged from crying and saying why do i hate her so much? to i am useless a liar and i need to see a shrink !
    Many thanks to all, i am doing what you have all said ,playing guitar more, got on top of my house, looks tidy again! looking to join a gym this weekend .
    I will keep you all updated but but not every day 
    thanks to you all !
    Keep at it lad!

Remember with women that they don't care about you as a person, they care about attention. You're doing the right thing by moving on but because you're not contacting her she isn't getting any attention and is lashing out. Don't fall into the trap of messaging her as it'll all be sweet as roses for a short time then she'll flip her lid again.

She's upset that you've got control of your life rather than her controlling you. Stay strong, ignore her. If she starts being a git then tell her, as bluntly as you can, to fuck off. If she persists then get plod on her.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Foster said:
    mark123 said:
    hi update 
    Thanks to everyone
    i do come back on and read this thread again and again ,
    the sucess stories of leaving and finding a much better partner have stopped me a few times from ringing her and trying to get back 
    Ive had voicemals off her this week (cant find a call blocker that blocks everything??)they have ranged from crying and saying why do i hate her so much? to i am useless a liar and i need to see a shrink !
    Many thanks to all, i am doing what you have all said ,playing guitar more, got on top of my house, looks tidy again! looking to join a gym this weekend .
    I will keep you all updated but but not every day 
    thanks to you all !
    Keep at it lad!

Remember with SOME women that they don't care about you as a person, they care about attention. You're doing the right thing by moving on but because you're not contacting her she isn't getting any attention and is lashing out. Don't fall into the trap of messaging her as it'll all be sweet as roses for a short time then she'll flip her lid again.

She's upset that you've got control of your life rather than her controlling you. Stay strong, ignore her. If she starts being a git then tell her, as bluntly as you can, to fuck off. If she persists then get plod on her.
    FTFY.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Well done the calls will stop - Play your guitar get down the gym and go out to local gigs, open mics and blues jams - meet up with people. If your really bored start the dark tower series by Stephen King - it took me around thirty years to read it ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16098
    get on a few dating sites ASAP .......no harm in getting in a bit of practice 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Dominic said:
    I'd strongly suggest NOT doing this.

Take the time for YOU - learn new hobbies, and just enjoy your own company to get your confidence and self-esteem up. Enjoy being YOU, before you start looking to date again, or you are potentially going to take a step back.

Just take some time out alone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16098
    well...............where a door closes ..a window opens and all that ! Never take relationships too seriously unless it's your children.
    Guess that's my insensitive / desensitised inability and lack of emotion to be bothered by these things even when I was young
    I blame it on the parents.......boarding school from age of 7 etc, etc 
    It's a hard job being my wife ;poor old thing !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    Dominic said:
    I'd strongly suggest NOT doing this.

Take the time for YOU - learn new hobbies, and just enjoy your own company to get your confidence and self-esteem up. Enjoy being YOU, before you start looking to date again, or you are potentially going to take a step back.

Just take some time out alone.
    I'm totally with @FarleyUK on this. After a bad relationship it needs time to get over it. Doing all the things you enjoy for maybe a few months or longer (you can be the best judge) without the complication of a rebound relationship is what I'd advise but it's your life @mark123.

As regards her calls, she needs to vent her anger and frustration so if you block her she'll likely just bad-mouth you to all and sundry. I was continuously bombarded with voicemails and texts from my deranged ex. At first I listened to them but soon found they were always rambling, repetitive and abusive so I just let her continue sending them but deleted them without listening or reading. She tired of getting no response. Getting police involved is unnecessary and frankly just a waste of time -  they won't be interested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah man. Own it
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Yes man well done!

This is the first step. Keep being intentional with what you do with your time.

Recognise your weaknesses and know you will be tempted to go back again in the future. Come up with a game plan of what you might do to combat these moments.

Keep going, you can do it!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    how about joining a Spanish speaking class or something?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited October 2018
    Jimbro66 said:
    I'm totally with @FarleyUK on this. After a bad relationship it needs time to get over it. Doing all the things you enjoy for maybe a few months or longer (you can be the best judge) without the complication of a rebound relationship is what I'd advise but it's your life @mark123.

As regards her calls, she needs to vent her anger and frustration so if you block her she'll likely just bad-mouth you to all and sundry. I was continuously bombarded with voicemails and texts from my deranged ex. At first I listened to them but soon found they were always rambling, repetitive and abusive so I just let her continue sending them but deleted them without listening or reading. She tired of getting no response. Getting police involved is unnecessary and frankly just a waste of time -  they won't be interested.
    Wish I could give you more than one wisdom here, solid advice well worth taking. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Well done @mark123

You are doing the right thing.