Buying a car

What's Hot

Comments

• LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    TTony said:
    The planet isnt really being harmed by Diesel soot. Its people in the street breathing the shit in that are. 
    I was going for comic effect rather than green credentials
    ;)
    I know, i was being borring. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7599
    Wait, Emp has a boat but (had) no car? Or am I missing some in joke? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1111
    TTony said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Whoaaa....  I don't have a DPF??!!
    You - YOU - are killing the planet.

Every mile you  drive, you're poisoning the air that those cute little kittens breathe.    And those  Pugsly mutts too.

See that wilting flower on the roadside?  YOUR fault that it's dying prematurely.

Leaves fall off trees as you drive by.

Shameful.
    Emp is rolling coal...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 546
    Only moved that far because the clutch packed in.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4935
    TimmyO said:
    Wait, Emp has a boat but (had) no car? Or am I missing some in joke? 
    It may have been back in the Musicradar days, @TimmyO , but he had a plan to rescue an abandoned boat which was half-submerged in the mud in the estuary...

Procrastination won the day.  :3

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24515
    Aah yes....  every day I walk past that and wonder if there is an outboard motor on the back of it under the mud.  It’s sunk a couple of inches further into the mud since then.  Either that or the mud has risen.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24515
    The plastic undershield has dropped on the car and got mangled on several speed bumps.  I have to find a way to lift it up before tomorrow.  I’ve also ordered oil & a filter, a fuel filter and brake fluid to replace what’s in the clutch system.  Weather permitting, my first wielding of sockets will be on Sunday.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    Emp_Fab said:
    The plastic undershield has dropped on the car and got mangled on several speed bumps.  I have to find a way to lift it up before tomorrow.  I’ve also ordered oil & a filter, a fuel filter and brake fluid to replace what’s in the clutch system.  Weather permitting, my first wielding of sockets will be on Sunday.
    Why are you putting brake fluid in the clutch system? 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27771
    Emp_Fab said:
    The plastic undershield has dropped on the car 
    Shit, no!!!!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    PC_Dave said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Because the brake and clutch hydraulics are integrated and share/use the same fluid.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    Octafish said:
    PC_Dave said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Because the brake and clutch hydraulics are integrated and share/use the same fluid.
    Bloody Nora - didn’t know that 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19142
    Emp_Fab said:
    Try just tying the undertray to the chassis/ any available secure point with plastic self locking zip ties. 
    Did this years ago with a Peugeot 406 when the tray came loose at the front & then randomly touched down.
    Noisy & scary  :o
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Emp_Fab said:
    Try just tying the undertray to the chassis/ any available secure point with plastic self locking zip ties. 
    Did this years ago with a Peugeot 406 when the tray came loose at the front & then randomly touched down.
    This is the right answer. Just cable tie it back on. Standard repair method.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
    @Emp_Fab are we ever going to get photographic proof that you’ve actually bought this car?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19142
    Simon_M said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    This is the right answer. Just cable tie it back on. Standard repair method.
    Bloody hell! Something I randomly got right through desperation  :)  Have a wiz :+1: 
    edited August 2019
    BigMonka said:
    @Emp_Fab are we ever going to get photographic proof that you’ve actually bought this car?
    C'mon - if I'd said I'd finally got my Ferrari, then you could justifiably ask for pics to prove it.

(Actually, I'm not that much into Ferraris, I'll have an F-Type TYVM).

But we're talking about a prehistoric diesel Civic here - do we really need pics to prove it??

[edit]
    Sorry, forgot, this is Emprevarication's thread.

We need pics !!!
    :D
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2944
    Image result for cable tie types

Wow, I hadn't realised cable ties come in so many different types.  We could be here a while...............

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33863
    TTony said:
    BigMonka said:
    C'mon - if I'd said I'd finally got my Ferrari, then you could justifiably ask for pics to prove it.

But we're talking about a prehistoric diesel Civic here - do we really need pics to prove it??

[edit]

We need pics !!!
    I’m half convinced a Emp is a comic creation like Karl Pilkington.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5576
    Image result for cable tie types

Wow, I hadn't realised cable ties come in so many different types.  We could be here a while...............

Do they come in any other colours? Asking for a friend...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    TTony said:
    BigMonka said:

[edit]

We need pics !!!
    I’m half convinced a Emp is a comic creation like Karl Pilkington.
    Half?

What more evidence could you possibly need?